Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 01:30:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door opens to 'all Am' crews in LMGTE Am class?  (Read 2955 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:17:40 am »

It was announced today that the FIA/WEC regs have been modified by the FIA Endurance Committee. It may seem a subtle change but it has important implications.

"c) For the LMGTE Am category only, the rule governing the composition of the crews derives from the categorisations
of the drivers: a crew of 2 or 3 drivers must include at most one Gold or Platinum driver at least 2 Silver or Bronze
"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:22:13 am by Grand_Fromage » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:19:16 pm »

the aco need to adjust the performance of the gt cars,at paul ricard they were out dragging lmp2.very embarrasing.ok lmp2 got them on downforce in the corners but a little tweek may be needed.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

Paul Ricard is not at all typical, also the 2014 regs are already set in stone. This makes any adjustment inadvisable right now.

The FIA/WEC BOP regs for GTE were adjusted at the same time as the driver regs, but nothing significant.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »

the elms regs state balance of performance may be made at any point during the year.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:39 am »

The same is true for all ACO/FIA sanctioned series, but the BOP measures are very carefully and gently tweaked, no big mid-season changes. If you have the situation of the faster LMGTE cars out-dragging prototypes, it is a situation that is probably beyond the scope of BOP measures.

the elms regs state balance of performance may be made at any point during the year.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »

the aco need to adjust the performance of the gt cars,at paul ricard they were out dragging lmp2.very embarrasing.ok lmp2 got them on downforce in the corners but a little tweek may be needed.

This is nothing new, the old full fat GT1 cars were way quicker in a straightline than LMP2 cars, and probably not far off some of the slower LMP1 cars too.

I thought BOP was only for balancing within a class, not overall balancing anyway.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: