Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 04:20:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beausejour Camping?  (Read 8025 times)
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2003, 05:51:05 pm »

First time at Le Mans this year and we're camping in Beausejour, does anyone have any experience of it? Only reason I ask is that no-one seems to mention it at all! I know it's a bit of a trek up to the Start and the village etc but on the flipside it does'nt seem too far from the Porsche Curves. Basically, are we missing out by being down there?!?! Wink
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 06:10:35 pm »

You're at Le Mans....that's all that matters!!  Wink

Although it's a bit of a walk (especially when you are p*@sed) it's pretty much like all the sites, basic facilities (we're on Houx Annexe but we're still taking a toilet tent and a 12V shower) but a good atmosphere. as you say, it's also near a good viewing area!!

When you do treck up to the village, call by Houx Annexe for a beer.

Enjoy!!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 12:43:08 am »

Hi Danster,
we are on BS again, good atmosphere, one of the smaller sites, yes long trek to Shampoo bar houx and Tetre Rouge, but worth it. not to far bike ride to arnage corner & indinapolis. the village arnage is only 10min walk 30min stager back. near to KN site which has a brilliant buzz, 5-10min walk to MB & Bleu sites.
look out for a red yamaha diversion motorbike.
safe trip.

Andy
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 02:31:30 pm »

Thanks guys- that's all I wanted! Just some reassurance that we're not stuck right out of the way.
We'll try to meet up jpchenet, let me know how I can identify you guys and we'll have a wander over
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 04:09:52 pm »

We'll be at the top end of Houx Annexe (thanks Stu!!)  It'll be like Gazebo City. 2 White 9m x 3m Gazebos, 1 White 3m x 3m Gazebo and 1 Union Flag 3m x 3m Gazebo.

Otherwise, most members of the forum will be meeting at the Champagne Tent in the village at 21:00 Saturday.

See you there!!
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 06:13:23 pm »

Top stuff, looking forward to it Grin

While I think about it- does anyone know roughly how big the pitches are there? (Bearing in mind we'll get there early hours Friday morning!) We've got a car and 2 tents to squeeze on
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 07:30:49 pm »

Ask nicely for some one to reserve you some space. I'm sure someone will oblige in return for some beer.
Hope you have a great time.

Stu
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 10:55:55 pm »

no problem to cordon off some space for you Danster.
easy to spot us, white van (battery logo) 2 cars iff all home 3 bikes. 2 tents tarped together and 8 - 10 tents.
plot will be marked off with hazzard bunting tape. hopefully on the left!!
a few cold ones waiting

Andy
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 10:12:14 am »

Thanks Andy, That will make life a great deal easier.  Grin Keep an eye out for a Silver/Grey Passat estate arriving in the early hours of Friday morning. I'll bring some form of beverage with me as well to return the favour, but I can't promise that it will be cold!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 10:16:15 am »

as our lads arrive thursday eve,  we would have been drinking till 4-5am, so you are welcome to join us, but if we are asleep you wont miss your pitch. look out for the hazzard tape cordon off   Danster Area beware!!safe journey.

Andy
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 01:09:20 pm »

Thanks again Andy (i guess you're still in the UK?!) I hope to be at the circuit by 2 am latest so you'll probably be in full flight still.... I've seen on C.A today that apparantly the camp-site is covered in sand so don't forget your bucket and spade.... Grin
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 05:29:17 pm »

i take it you could not find us in the mass of B/S.
It wasnt that big last year only as far as the first fence, we were in the second field on left with the home made shower tree made of 4x2 and 2 showers.
i hope you had a good time.
Andy

Andy
Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 04:42:16 pm »

Andy, I replied to you on another thread. Now you've described it like that I seem to remember where you were! (I keep getting flashbacks) We arrived at about 5 ish on the Friday morning and had a bit of a drive round looking for you but decided to set up camp further down, we were down the far end of the site not far from the last toilet block.

We had a fantastic weekend, shame we didn't meet up though- oh well, there's always next year! Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: