Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 06:19:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who got the best deal  (Read 10533 times)
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2003, 11:35:53 am »

On a long cross channel ferry crossing.  I paid £198 for an overnight on the Wednesday  Portsmouth Cherbourg with use of a recliner in Club class on the way out and the fast craft for the journey back on the Monday evening, both with P & O.

Some will have shares in the ferry companies so dont include these prices unless you can offer them to the rest of us for next year.

Does it really only have full throttle
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 12:44:13 pm »

Ahhh, should it be included as to how these wonderful deals were achieved?

(£280 Ports-Caen Weds night, rec seat, and back Mon first ferry)

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 08:01:51 pm »

Portsmouth-Caen, out on the Tuesday night with a 2-berth cabin, return on the Sunday night boat (no cabin or recliner), one car, 2 occupants, no share deals, total cost £263.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 10:36:34 pm »

Newhaven-Dieppe, out thurs morning back monday morning with cabin £92. No special deal!! i'm sure they got it wrong, but wasn't going to tell them.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 10:37:20 pm by Rhino » Logged

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 01:33:26 pm »

Newhaven-Dieppe, out thurs morning back monday morning with cabin £92. No special deal!! i'm sure they got it wrong, but wasn't going to tell them.

If you went on the Ferry which you must have done, you also need a medal for bravery!  It has been aground several times in the last year or so!

Anyway I went out Newhaven Dieppe Seacat Wed 2pm, back Calais Dover Seacat Monday 5.30pm, cost £110
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 02:00:01 pm »

Corking offer from P&O via Dover-Calais:

The "Shado 1" 806 plus just me (could have been one other included in the same price), out Wednesday morning, back Monday evening - £60 all in!! Further passengers would have been just a tenner each.

So if I wasn't Billy-no-mates, could have been five of us for 90 notes - £16 each!! The other MB posse vehicle with our Mancunian departure crew did exactly this in the "Shado 2" Espace.

Incidentally, I get the impression that the "Shado" bit was lost on many, particularly the youngers amongst us - I thought everyone in the whole world knew about Gerry Anderson's "UFO" and had been having wet dreams about Gabrielle Drake in the splendid purple wig since birth - OK just me then .. oops, fear too much information!

Grin
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 06:06:00 pm »

Rickmeister, your right far to much information...........

Still trying to work out the total cost per person, but i am guessing about £ 180-200 for five days inc food, booze, fuel, crossing (tunnel) tolls and race tickets. But then again maths was never my strong point, I might be missing a "0" somewere. Huh

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 07:33:04 pm »

Corking offer from P&O via Dover-Calais:

The "Shado 1" 806 plus just me (could have been one other included in the same price), out Wednesday morning, back Monday evening - £60 all in!! Further passengers would have been just a tenner each.

So if I wasn't Billy-no-mates, could have been five of us for 90 notes - £16 each!! The other MB posse vehicle with our Mancunian departure crew did exactly this in the "Shado 2" Espace.

Incidentally, I get the impression that the "Shado" bit was lost on many, particularly the youngers amongst us - I thought everyone in the whole world knew about Gerry Anderson's "UFO" and had been having wet dreams about Gabrielle Drake in the splendid purple wig since birth - OK just me then .. oops, fear too much information!

Grin

I have to say Rick, that Wanda Ventham (Colonel Lake) did it for me, especially bursting out the front of her uniform.

Stu
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 07:40:59 pm »

Pleees this is all geting too much. UFO indeed Huh

pp
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 09:05:01 pm »

£124  P&O  out Wed Lunch time back Tues Morning

bit sick though we booked last december but if we had waited we could have done it for £60 Sad
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 09:15:15 pm »

which route PP?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
pp
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 09:23:29 pm »

Dover Calais

Yes I know is a long drive but we have two drivers and took the journey there and back in two days hence the Tuesday return.
keefie
CA Veteran

Must get the car fixed for June

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 12:54:02 am »

booking the ferry about a week ahead the best deal I found was on SeaFrance. £50 per car for a 5 day return, and they threw in E15 of shell fuel vouchers.

We were on the 0930 boat thursday morning, but I had to jiggle around the monday return times to get the deal, not a problem as we planned to get a late night sunday crossing anyway.

Very good value I thought

What's my solution? NOISE POLLUTION!
Peter
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 11:37:04 pm »

Look, this "serious" stuff is all very well, but can we get back to Wanda Ventham please? I do remember her, GOD I do remember her, damn miracle I can still see, what a bus? Where?
Peter
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 11:51:16 pm »

And another thing, whats this Dover/Calais is alright with 2 drivers? I did Le Mans-Calais-Dover-Devon on one hit (had to drop bro-in-law off in Brighton). Course in a Lancia these sort of runs are no trouble....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: