Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 11:20:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: le Mans 2004 reality tv  (Read 2328 times)
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2003, 06:09:17 pm »

a thought. Every year, lots of individuals and groups visit the great race. They come from all over the world and all walks of life. This year, 'Team monkey' made a video and it was alright, quite funny in places deadly dull in others. It made me think that with a little effort, and a fare amount of editing, a one hour (or so) film could be made featuring various teams and individuals. All they would need to do is take a video camara, and follow a basic outline script and film as and when they fancy. I cant help thinking that if say ten people made their own films there would be enough material to make something more interesting than a documentary about people that cant drive or sleep.
Any thoughts?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 07:06:53 pm »

Do you mean to be shown on TV?

If so, I see your point, but if they can't be arsed to show the actual race, is it likely they will show a programme about the peole going to it?

Having said that, there is a huge amount of British eccentricity surrounding the race and in my own opinion you could have the germ of an idea...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 07:16:04 pm »

Have thought about this for years, but if you want my advice don't get a TV company involved. They will edit to make us look like arseholes, with lots of swearing, farting, drinking, falling over, blowing things up and being generally idiotic. I don't suppose, if you removed all this, there would be much left to film.

I have seen them do this sort of thing before, a bit Louis Theroux like.

Go for it, but be prepared to be embarrassed later.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 11:08:19 pm »

And wouldn't you have to get permission from the ACO?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: