Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 05:37:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The French are at it again...... I'd call it Ransom.  (Read 16494 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 11:31:37 am »

LD Lines website says their Dover / Boulogne service will start from 1st July 2009.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 01:47:23 am »

THE SEA CAT that SF use carries at best 175 cars if they are all medium sized.200 onl if they have fiat 500's.

P&O had a 210 capacity boat that couldnt ever get more than 185 and that was after a small car rally.

They also run on better fuel than heavy oil used in cruise type ferries.( diesel to you and me ) .

I thought the actions were ransom, being they stated they wouldnt take action, but did a day early.

You keep to your words.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 09:26:19 am »

THE SEA CAT that SF use carries at best 175 cars if they are all medium sized.200 onl if they have fiat 500's.

P&O had a 210 capacity boat that couldnt ever get more than 185 and that was after a small car rally.

They also run on better fuel than heavy oil used in cruise type ferries.( diesel to you and me ) .

I thought the actions were ransom, being they stated they wouldnt take action, but did a day early.

You keep to your words.
you mean like paying your bills on time, as per the contract you signed?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 07:23:22 pm »

Latest news on their website today says that they are in ongoing talks with the Bolougne Chamber of Commerce. And that's pretty much all they say. Just a couple of lines.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 07:37:14 pm »

More news is posted:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/search/results.asp?search=Speedferries&submitsearch=Go
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:57 pm »

I have heard on the Strasa that SF also have outstanding rent/fees owing to Dover Port Athorities, this is rumored to be in the region of £250k!! This information was gleemed from a ferry enthusiasts site and not in anyway confirmed.

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »

I'm afraid that the ongoing talks were with a judge and an administration order has been made.  Attempts are being made to sell the business - anyone interested?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:32 pm »

Speedferries are now in administration.

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gmbtJdT2vQn1lotQnP0gBfmDQXXA

and an official announcement on their website - http://www.speedferries.com/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:23:27 pm by Steve Pyro » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 09:04:15 pm »

Shame - used them a few times in the past, hope they manage to keep it as a going concern.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:06 pm »

you mean like paying your bills on time, as per the contract you signed?
Andrew, you have a point. But. . .

Take life by the horns and live it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 02:13:32 pm »

For anybody with a Speedferries booking now rendered useless: (stolen from another forum with the quote translated by babelfish from the look of it)

"It is possible LD Lines might be offering a deal for those who had pre-booked with Speedferries. They don't operate from Dover yet, their nearest current route is Newhaven-Dieppe, but they plan to start Dover-Boulogne in 2009.

This is what Pierre Gehanne, CEO of the company says, talking about the Speedferries demise:

"At this stage there is not much we can do about it, except maybe welcome the passengers who had some booking arrangements with SF and who are unable to travel time being. I believe it could be fair to offer them some very special crossing fares if they wish so.

This being said it is no secret that we have been in contact with Curt Stavis early July, at his request, when SF was meeting some difficulties and, at the time, we offered Curt to help him to continue SF’s operations until sumer 2009 when Speedone would have been replaced by a standard ferry able to carry freight and passengers. Unfortunately Curt could not finally agree to this proposal and we all know the end of the story."

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 03:48:16 pm »

That's odd.

Their deal is almost bound to involve shelling out more dosh.

Anyway, I was expecting to claim the remaining 8 crossings back from credit card  Smiley

PS Good to read you Termie!!
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:16 pm »

My credit card company are investigating and said that I should get a claim form in the next ten days or so. Having said that, as theyre part of Citicorp, they may be on a bit of a sticky wicket themselves. Huh

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:19 pm »

Latest news from the Speedferries web site:

"Notice to all Customers: Speedferries Limited (in Administration)

The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, A Swarbrick and T Burton, who act as agents of the Company only and without personal liability.

Customers
All crossings have been cancelled until further notice.  It is anticipated that an update will be available on the website on 26 November 2008. Customers are advised to wait for further information on future crossings and to keep any pre-booked tickets.

We are pleased to confirm that the fast ferry the Speed One was released from arrest in France yesterday, pursuant to an order made by the Commercial Court in Boulogne. The release of the Speed One and its return to England will greatly assist in our efforts to achieve a sale of the business of Speedferries Limited (in Administration).

We will continue to keep you updated with developments in respect of the long term plans for Speedferries and notify you as soon as possible via the Company website if changes are proposed to be made which will affect your current position.

For further enquiries please contact customer services on 0871 222 7456 or refer to previous statements.

Angela Swarbrick and Tom Burton
Joint Administrators"
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »

I wonder how much the Port of Bolougne will have charged them for the two week storage costs?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: