Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 09:37:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004?  (Read 4450 times)
Red Dwarf
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2003, 06:44:45 pm »

Okay, silly question!

What date is next year's event? Embarrassed

RD
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 06:55:25 pm »

Not a silly question, it's one that we would all like to know the answer to!!

It is likely to be either the 12th/13th or 19th/20th. The ACO press handout book gave the provisional date as the 12th/13th, but I stress that this is NOT a confirmed date. This will hopefully be confirmed either way in the next few weeks.

Watch this space!!
madpiano
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 10:07:05 am »

Is it likley to be on the bank-holiday weekend again ?
if so, that would make it the last weekend in May.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 11:07:17 am »

Exsqueeze me? Race week should be one of the two June weekends mentioned above. Testing is likely to be on the bank holiday weekend at the beginning of May - again, all this subject to confirmation from the ACO!!! Rest assured, the moment I have the news, I'll be on here like something very keen to get somewhere fast!

Cheers

Rick
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 02:29:31 pm »

In my experience since 1993, it has always been the third weekend, on fathers day - from my diary that makes it the 19/20 Jun 04.   Shouldn't matter as far as the tickets go, and any ferry is always going to be a provisional booking at this stage anyway

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 12:56:27 pm »

Just looking back at recent years and it hasn't always been the third weekend in recent times.

It was on the 12th/13th in 1999 and in 1998 it was 6th/7th (something to do with some other sporting event involving round balls and clashing TV coverage though I believe), before bumping back in the month to 17th/18th for 2000.

All of a sudden, my money moves to the 12th/13th. Should hear soon either way though I would think.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 01:23:15 pm »

If you can't wait then I recommend the Mini LM in November. It's November the 2nd, I think. There will be a four hour race on the Bugatti circuit. This will be the introduction of the "Le Mans Endurance Series" with prototype races at such famous circuits as Spa, Nuerburgring, Silverstone and Monza next year. Rickmeister, is there any more info somewhere out there on the web about this, yet ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 02:01:39 pm »

is there any more info somewhere out there on the web about this, yet ?

From the official website:

In accordance with the announcement made at Le Mans during the practice sessions of 4th May, we are confirming the creation of a European series based on the A.C.O. Specifications.

As has already been pointed out, we have had lengthy discussions with the promoters of the FIA Sportscar Championship so that this new series will be harmoniously integrated in the promotion of endurance racing.
Moreover, we have received the support of FIA President, Max MOSLEY.

The A.C.O. and Mr Don PANOZ, its ALMS partner, will therefore be associated with International Sportscar Limited, represented by Stéphane RATEL.

Our objective is to revive the legendary 1,000 km endurance races in 2004.

Contacts have been established with promoters for the Monza, Nürburgring, Silverstone and Spa circuits.

The final calendar will be communicated in September.

As we pointed out at the beginning of May, it is the A.C.O.'s wish to qualify a greater number of competitors each year for the "24 Heures du Mans" before the end of the previous season.

That is why, this year, on 2nd November, we shall be organising an exceptional race on the Bugatti circuit at Le Mans, offering 12 selections for the "24 Heures du Mans".

In addition, the ALMS qualifies 8 cars, and 4 cars from the FIA GT Championship will be qualified if they meet the "24 Heures du Mans" eligibility requirements.

That's all I've found so far, sure there will be some more press stuff shortly on this one. Sadly I can't make it!!!!  Cry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: