Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 09:50:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Layout?  (Read 20806 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 03:49:44 pm »

That map also is wrong, where it says trackside it is probably road side. The pitches we got allocated are not even on this map, so clearly it cannot be trusted. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes up in the end.

Been speaking to Paddy about this.

A couple of people I have spoken to ahve bought the large pitches from agencies and they have definatley been sold them on teh basis that they are trackside.

It makes sense as it looks like they've lined them up ready to receive motor homes like at Turn 1 in Sebring.

LOL of course now MB is a circuit in it's own right (the gate says MB Circuit) - I suppose lots of the pitches are trackside - I bet they don't say by the side of which track!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:25:48 pm by Piglet » Logged
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 04:30:47 pm »

..and doesn't that just fill you with confidence for what you're going to find when you get there?!  Huh    No doubt the favoured technique for unusable pitches, will be lots of shoulder shrugging. 

Yes, I have a feeling that it's all going to be way too much hassle as well .....  Angry
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 08:09:17 pm »

Sorry to have had to ask for the maps to be removed from public view - the issue is a bit sensitive, but hope this will be resolved before too long - after all the ACO should be letting all know about this! Clearly its going to be much clearer in 2 weeks time!

Back in my box, and I wish you all a positive outcome on where you end up.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:40:32 am by Mr Toad » Logged

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »

Have you had a prod from the ACO Mr T?

I'm sooooo looking forward to the delights of MB in two weeks time... Roll Eyes   It fills me with confidence that they don't want us to know where we are!   They've sold numbered pitches so one would hope that they know where the pitches will be.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 12:32:22 am »

I'm with you Piglet...but as a result of the "cold war" have to respect the confidence of our secret agents..

Not long now till we get to see th reality of it all!

Fingers cossed

T

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 09:47:27 am »

I'll bet you that we turn up on monday, no numbers on the campground whatsoever, we take our usual spot and then they start numbering pitches Roll Eyes

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:23 am »

Anyone with any experience with "Houx"?

That's been a numbered site for years. Are they ready by Monday morning or is it a bit of a debacle until midweek?
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 11:09:53 am »

Alphonse :  is that the guy in the Withe mini Toyota ??

Live life to the Max
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 11:56:17 am »

Anyone with any experience with "Houx"?

That's been a numbered site for years. Are they ready by Monday morning or is it a bit of a debacle until midweek?

I was on Houx a few years ago (2004?) and it was fine (well other than the tree on the pitch!), they have a permanent set up so AFAIK pitch numbers stay the same and they just do the same thing each year.

I imagine the problem with MB is that when they started selling the pitches the site was still a work in progress so they've guessed the layout to some extent. 

If it all goes it's normal way, on Monday/Tuesday they'll be laying down the law with a heavy foot and by Wednesday when we arrive they'll have given up and it will be a free for all!  By the time the later comers arrive on Friday all the marked pitches will be full and they'll be shoe-horning people in to whatever gaps they can find (note to self fill pitches fully....)

We may have an additional problem, a nice lady drove into the back of my Saab this morning  Roll Eyes  As I have a fairly substantial tow bar so she did considerably more obvious damage to her car but I've got to take mine in later to see if the impact has warped the boot floor!  If it has we may be stuffed for LM as we won't have a vehicle to tow with.  Fingers crossed...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 11:58:57 am »

Of course, I realise that you have got luxury camping down to a fine art, but am happy to supply anything you aren't able to tow, if the car's badly damaged.  Blimey, you do have all the luck!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 12:07:06 pm »

Thanks Deb, I might well take you up on that, we're camping with Simon and Rachel in their palatial motorhome (don't call it a camper van!) so I guess we'd not need much anyway.   

I'm taking the car up this afternoon for them to look at, fingers crossed good old Sven may have seen off the shiny new Honda Jazz, that looked slightly more second hand after she'd pulled the towbar cover out of her bumper! 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 12:14:16 pm »

There are days when towbars have more uses than just pulling trailers!  Years ago I had an old Austin Agro (which was given to me for nothing, I hastily add!) which had a tow bar and a similar thing happened to me.  The idiot bloke who drove into me couldn't even move his vehicle and there was no damage at all to mine. Grin  Hope it's the same for you.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »

More importantly Anita, are you OK??

Cars can be repaired or replaced!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 12:21:39 pm »

Towbars are quite effective!  Someone nicked the cover of mine last week so KK had stuck an old tennis ball on it to avoid us walking into the greasy bit - she had to remove it from in her bumper! 

Thanks JP, I've had an ongoing neck problem for the last couple of years, it has been fine for the last month or so, it was a bit problematic first thing (before the accident) and is a bit painful now so I'm off to see the Chiropractor at 2, I can't really tell if this is the same old problem or if it's down to the impact. 

Typically my colleague is on holiday this week so time off is a bit tricky - I could just do with a week home with daytime TV and icepack! 
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 12:22:05 pm »

We may have an additional problem, a nice lady drove into the back of my Saab this morning  Roll Eyes  As I have a fairly substantial tow bar so she did considerably more obvious damage to her car but I've got to take mine in later to see if the impact has warped the boot floor!  If it has we may be stuffed for LM as we won't have a vehicle to tow with.  Fingers crossed...
Firstly, hope you are OK - may be worth getting yourself checked as well as the Saab! Secondly, get onto her insurance company immediately - they have an obligation to provide you with a vehicle if yours is damaged and off the road, and that includes one with a tow-bar. They will of course put up a fight and offer you a Corsa (that they get free from the repairing garage) but you need to immediately reject this and tell them you want like for like - I had a girl drive into the back of my Volvo the other month and exactly the same - got offered the freebie from the garage and rejected it and a brand new Saab 9-3 estate arrived the next day .... Claim what you're entitled to and DON'T let something as silly as this ruin your week  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: