Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 09:47:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Campsite  (Read 9831 times)
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 10:01:42 am »

Mr Cutler will no doubt be recounting how to build your own shower when he gets back online...there was a fine idea in use at Sebring.
I think it is time to invest in a shower. Too much time at Le Mans septn queing for the dam things. Worth the wait though when you see the foxy babes with their mops. I wonder if any of them will be earning some estra cash in the Spearmint tent.

Any suggestions for showers would be welcome.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 11:54:26 am »

Here's what we did last year for a 12v shower which we'll probably use again this year.

Take one large bucket. Fill with warm water (boiled kettles topped up with cold) place a 12v submersible pump in the bottom of the bucket (from a caravan or a bilge pump from a boat) and attach a shower head to it via a hose.

OK, now for the slightly more complex but much better version.

Take a hose from a direct source and fit a splitter so that you create two sources from the one. Run one directly to where you would like your shower (cold feed). Take the second source and connect it to a long coil of copper pipe bent round in a coil. Dig a hole large enough to house the coil and some charcoal. From the other end of the coiled copper, connect more hose and run to where the shower will be (hot feed) Place a flow regulator on to each of these sources, then put these into another splitter so that you have one single outlet with variable hot and cold water inlets.

Place the copper piping into the hole in the ground and set light to the charcoal. As the water passes through the copper it is heating by the charcoal fire and produces a steady stream of hot water.

As you couldn't get a constant water connection where we were camped, they actually ran thsi system from a huge trough fo cold water with a bilge pump so it was effectively a combination of the two.

Others we've seen on site are of course the shower bags heated by teh sun that you can get in any campning shop, and the large black containers placed on top of campers and lorries to warm in the sun and are then gravity fed.

There you have it, your own shower.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 01:27:40 pm »

There you have it, your own shower.

I took a slightly easier route, although it is dependent on space in your vehicle!  I brought a pump action shower, just fill with warm water and off you go.

The pump action shower is basically like one of those weedkiller applicators, a big water carrier which you pressurise by pumping a handle and it sprays out water for long enough to have a shower.  It worked suprisingly well, in fact better than expected!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 04:21:05 pm »

What sort of flow rate did you get Chrisgr31?? And did you just have a small nozzle on it like you get on the ones in garden centres or was this from a camping shop with a proper shower head.

Any details/links?
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 04:59:25 pm »

We discovered that do actually sell some vehicles with showers already in if this seems a bit of a fuss...I think the man said they were called motorhomes.  Wink Wink

Should we consider a luxuary shower package for sale on site? Perhaps 10 Euros including as much soap and bog roll as you need? Or 20 Euros and we include a cold beer and a massage from one of our team? Grin

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 05:30:42 pm »

Should we consider a luxuary shower package for sale on site? Perhaps 10 Euros including as much soap and bog roll as you need? Or 20 Euros and we include a cold beer and a massage from one of our team? Grin

I say, you should be able to charge a damn sight more than that if you were to get Hannah to go for it  Shocked

Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 05:52:34 pm »

Ahh yes, understand - absolutely, nudge, wink etc Tongue

You'll be after the VIP massage package...£200 (per hour...)

Sadly though Hannah isn't in the 2005 squad (as far as I understand).. Sad

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: