Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 10:00:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just let F1 die!  (Read 22026 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2004, 05:50:25 pm »

After a similar discussion on drag racing on here recently, I put the 29th of May weekend in my diary.
However, as luck would have it, well, as it always has it actually, my Mum decided to make the trip down to H Heights for that weekend. An event like getting my mum 'dahn sarf' puts NASA's efforts regarding the robotic exploration of Mars well into the shade. Everything, including tectonic (and bowel) movement had to be put on hold.
But, I still have the September date marked up. Give me a shout nearer the date Steve, and we'll see if we can arrange something. Will we be able to buy tickets at the gate? this is what I'd intended, but your earlier post suggests there might be some demand.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2004, 05:59:02 pm »

H, you can book tickets in advance, and save a bit of money, but as is always the way with our weather, if it's raining they don't race.

Tickets are easily available on the gate, for a day or the whole weekend for camping.

European Finals 9th - 12th September (be there or be........somewhere else!)

http://www.santapod.com/

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2004, 06:00:43 pm »

would any of our American counterparts care to fill us in on whether there is a NHRA meeting between 1st-16th August this year in Orlando or somewhere within 100/200 miles of there??

I want to see American Fuelers and we are going on holiday there in August..........................

Any other motor racing events in that area over those two weeks?

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2004, 06:06:29 pm »

Cheers Steve. What would be the best day to attend, Sunday?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2004, 07:19:32 pm »

would any of our American counterparts care to fill us in on whether there is a NHRA meeting between 1st-16th August this year in Orlando or somewhere within 100/200 miles of there??

I want to see American Fuelers and we are going on holiday there in August..........................

Any other motor racing events in that area over those two weeks?

Your SOL if it's Top Fuel Action that you want. nearest NHRA facility to O'town is Gainsville Raceway www.gainesvilleraceway.com - no big league stuff in August - but plenty of Run What Ya Brung (Friday nights) at Gainesville and Orlando Speedworld (Sat nights).
Of course, there is the Don Garlits drag racing museum at Ocala (about 1 hour north of Orlando on I-75.
Lots to see and do at Daytona International Speedway - any time you visit - but you'll have just missed the Pepsi 400, which is a great race under the lights.
Also check out Moroso Motorsports Park and Homestead Raceway for club events.
Next year, plan your visit to co-incide with 12 Hours of Sebring (March) or Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (Oct).
I live in Orlando, so if there's any local info or bookings needed, let me know.
Brink your sunblock, it's f**k*ng boiling at the moment.
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2004, 07:22:32 pm »

Just an after-thought Brad - you can't take your hire car to a Run What You Brung event - you need the title.......

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2004, 10:17:57 am »

Cheers Steve. What would be the best day to attend, Sunday?
H

Saturday will be qualifying so you may get to see some impressive runs and Sunday is the eliminations / finals so probably BOTH  Wink but Sunday definately.

Steve East Anglian cobras

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2004, 10:03:39 am »

Similarly, entire threads dedicated to the antics of a couple of sh**t-faced girlies, fantasized over by a drooling mob of Club Arnage bedecked strange people, is a similar  pain in the arse

* bird wonders who on earth Matt could be referring to.....

Don't you just hate it when that happens.  Roll Eyes Personally I only like to post about sensible but morally important issues, like world peace and toaster settings. It will be a sad day on the internet when flippancy rules supreme.

A ferrari can't run on glue
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2004, 10:11:49 am »

I would certainly say both days if possible, simply to avoid being told "The European record was broken yesterday" as I was a couple of years ago.
Anyway, there's nothing quite like being woken up at 9am by Spuff warming up the funny,when your head is still pounding from the night before.

Steve, maybe this time we'll actually meet up, now that I'm sure what class we're racing in.... and assuming Phil remembers to bring the Pop.... Wink

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2004, 04:02:28 pm »

You may or may not recall, but I finally made your acquaintance on the Saturday night, at the Champagne Bar. You did seem a little the worse for wear, but at least you (and the guys who were with you) were civilised and friendly. I did my best to be the same.
I was reminded of Alistair Simm - you are a dead ringer, so whenever I read your aggressive, insulting, derogatory postings to me, I shall think of the Headmistress in the old black and white  St Trinians movies, to give me a mental picture of my Commer-borne nemesis.

Sim and Zarse. Virtually identical.

* alistairsim.gif (22.72 KB, 290x374 - viewed 164 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2004, 04:05:40 pm »

Hmmm...

* AndyZ2003.jpg (16.97 KB, 288x352 - viewed 234 times.)

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2004, 04:16:20 pm »

Hi Matt,

I do remember meeting you and your bro and strangely enough, a pleasure it was too! I also remember you gave me a tin of Guinness, like i needed it at that point. I think the photo above was taken shortly afterwards. Sorry for being pissed, I really can't have been making much sense by that point in the evening.

I never thought about the likeness between me and Sim before, usually have Sir Anthony Hopkins/Dr Lecter levelled at me, so to be likened to a comedy genius is to be taken as a compliment I assume.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2004, 02:00:13 am »

Hi Andy
I thought it was highly amusing that you apologised for being pissed. I would have been very disappointed, had you had your sh*t together by that time in the evening.
I now see the Hopkins likeness also - though I'll stick with comic genius Simm - and yes, what else could it be but a compliment.
 Give my regards to Lavender Hill.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: