Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 05:56:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FoS TV Coverage  (Read 5705 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2004, 09:15:09 am »

Just a note for those of us not able to attend Goodwood this year. There is an hours' live coverage on ITV this Sunday at 16:00pm. It's on Speed Sunday but you can't have everything.....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Black Widow
CA Veteran

The hills are alive with the sound of......BDA's!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 06:48:17 pm »

Well, it's better than no TV coverage at all.  Unless you're there of course.  It would've been nice to see some of the top national Hillclimbers there. like Adam Fleetwood & Graeme White jr,  They'd show the F1 prima donnas how to Hillclimb properly. Wink

I sat on little Miss's Muffet!!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:05:29 pm »

Yep, Graeme Wight Jnr. would I'm sure like to add Goodwood to his clutch of FTD's to his list for this year. That Gould of his makes the F1 boys look like they are out for a Sunday afternoon cruise.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Black Widow
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:22:34 pm »

Wight jr actually holds the unofficial course record, from about 2 yrs ago.  He was invited to do some runs, but not as part of the "official" contest.

As for his Gould, it's being replaced, hopefully before the end of this season, with a new chassis he's working on.  It will be powered by a re-worked Arrows V-10!!!  Imagine that at Gurston or Prescott Shocked

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 01:15:57 am »

This'll be the kind of car that runs at the Petit Le Mans I presume?

* P6250024_small.jpg (46.45 KB, 768x576 - viewed 132 times.)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 01:19:54 pm »

Oh yes, very droll  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 07:27:00 pm »

Well, having watched the programme I now regret even bothering to mention it was on. What a waste of time. It should have been titled 'ITV talks to Jenson Button for ages and ignores the real event'  Angry

I've nothing against Mr. Button, he's a fine driver and he will no doubt do well, but what are ITV up to ingratiating themselves with him? There's only so many times he can answer the question 'well Jenson - how do you find this event then...'  only for him to answer  'well it's a bit busy, what with having to sign all those autographs etc..'

Having visited the FoS a number of times before and therefore experienced the event for real I know how marvellous it is to see, hear etc. all of the many vehicles brought together for the occasion. It is surely not beyond the wit of the TV guys to give the real stars of this extravaganza a bit more coverage.

For those that have not visited the event and only seen the TV coverage take it from me - go and see for yourself. The TV programme does not do it any justice at all.

Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 12:14:25 am »

They missed the amazing sight of the paris dakar support trucks going up the hill Shocked Shocked

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 09:43:04 am »

Having visited the FoS a number of times before and therefore experienced the event for real I know how marvellous it is to see, hear etc. all of the many vehicles brought together for the occasion. It is surely not beyond the wit of the TV guys to give the real stars of this extravaganza a bit more coverage.

For those that have not visited the event and only seen the TV coverage take it from me - go and see for yourself. The TV programme does not do it any justice at all.

I'm with you on this pretzel.

For me they failed to capture any of the buzz and atmosphere that makes the FoS what it is. A few of Team Zarse went on Friday, and had a fantastic day again - nice have a beer or two with Ferrari Spider and the 'H Bomb' (who'd forgotten just how much fun she'd had at the poo bar). We saw and heard so many fantastic machines, so many LM winners, Senna's cars, you really do have to see for yourself. Lord March throws the best garden parties in the world! Ever!

The day ended on a slightly slightly sour note with a nasty motorbike+sidecar Vs haybale incident - Does anybody know if the poor chap was ok? Huh

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 02:20:34 pm »

That's part of the soapbox race, last years I believe.

The Paris-Dakar trucks were very amusing yesterday, and as usual a fantastic event that can never get over how good it is on TV.
A must to visit for any petrol head.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 02:22:39 pm »

Good call Simes, but actually taken last Friday...

Did you see the Paris Dakar bike too? Togteher they made a fine set. Not so many celebs there on Friday but it was a wonderful day, for sights and weather...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 03:47:11 pm »

Not so many celebs there on Friday but it was a wonderful day, for sights and weather...

Yeah, Smokie saw me lounging in the sun and lying on the grass, cold Red Stripe  in hand....

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 03:50:49 pm »

Good call Simes, but actually taken last Friday...

Did you see the Paris Dakar bike too? Togteher they made a fine set. Not so many celebs there on Friday but it was a wonderful day, for sights and weather...

ooops! Didn't see that one in the paddock this year, great Paris-Dakar display on sunday with not only bikes but trucks takingto the grass up the hill too!!  Grin

Black Widow
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 06:02:33 pm »

Well, having watched the programme I now regret even bothering to mention it was on. What a waste of time. It should have been titled 'ITV talks to Jenson Button for ages and ignores the real event'  Angry

I've nothing against Mr. Button, he's a fine driver and he will no doubt do well, but what are ITV up to ingratiating themselves with him? There's only so many times he can answer the question 'well Jenson - how do you find this event then...'  only for him to answer  'well it's a bit busy, what with having to sign all those autographs etc..'

I've just watched the FoS, having just finished work.  Like you Pretzel, I was disappionted with the coverage.  I, too, have been on numerous occasions.  The program did not capture the atmosphere at all.  It would have been great to see more of Jacques Villeneuve, in his dads Ferrari, (Brilliant footage from Dijon, 1979).  And more of Ayrton Senna's car wouldn't have gone a miss.  A good opportunity missed. Huh

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 08:05:25 pm »

I've just watched the FoS, having just finished work.  Like you Pretzel, I was disappionted with the coverage.  I, too, have been on numerous occasions.  The program did not capture the atmosphere at all.  It would have been great to see more of Jacques Villeneuve, in his dads Ferrari, (Brilliant footage from Dijon, 1979).  And more of Ayrton Senna's car wouldn't have gone a miss.  A good opportunity missed. Huh

Yes, agree with the above.  The best bit for me was the Fuel Altered, Rat Pack, spinning the slicks  Grin - all of about 5 seconds of it  Angry.
Hope you took some photos FS.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: