Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 02:55:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exit off the Autoroute past Alencon  (Read 6436 times)
2ba 355
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2004, 01:12:18 pm »

???The last few years of going to Le Mans we tried the  new Autoroute from Alencon to Le Mans for the first time last year. Does anyone know ,so we don't go wrong this year, what is the correct exit to get off to avoid getting lost in Le Mans town ?! We are camping at Airtrack VIP which is near Houx and Karting Nord. We could not see anything on the Autoroute to indicate where to exit.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 01:22:03 pm »

I always use the northern exit which brings you down into the retail park area at Auchan.

Then take the western bypass to take you to the circuit.

See here  http://www.the-twats.com/

LE MANS – As you approach the end of the Autoroute (A28) just north of Le Mans the dual carriage way splits in two, stay in the left lane signposted Le Mans and Tours, (DO NOT take Le Mans University exit on the right). Just after this first split you will then see another split in the road, take the right hand exit which flows around to the toll. On exiting the toll 3€20 (2004), you will come to a roundabout with a McDonalds and a Buffalo Grill, bear left around this roundabout and follow the signposts to Le Mans (N138) for 2kms. On the N138 towards Le Mans you will go past another McDonalds on your right, at this point stay in the right-hand lane, and take the right fork sign-posted Toutes Directions (E502/N138R),      DO NOT FOLLOW THE SIGNPOSTS TO LE MANS CENTRE.

E502/N138R Ring Road - You will then be on the ring road signposted E502/N138R Toutes Directions, around Le Mans. Once on the ring road start looking out for signposts to Angers and Tours. Ignore any signposts to the circuit at this stage, until you go past the Champion supermarket on your left-hand side in approximately 7kms, then keep in the right-hand lane from now on as shortly you need to turn right at a set of traffic lights (D315), signposted to the Aerodrome.

(If you miss this turning, then take the next right, which is signposted to Tours E502/N138, which eventually goes onto the Mulsanne straight. This road will bring you past another McDonalds and a Carrefour supermarket on your left-hand side. Continue on this road straight over the lights and when you have past the Green Seven Hotel on the left-hand side you will need to turn next right (Rue du Panorama) just before Tertre Rouge Corner, signposted to Tertre Rouge/Expo campsites. Go past the Tertre Rouge campsite on your left, and then at the T-junction at end of this road turn left. Go past the museum and grandstands on your left, the airport should be visible on the right.)

Follow this road for approximately 2kms towards the Aerodrome, at the next major roundabout you come to (where you should be able to see the Airport and grandstands in front of you in the distance) take the exit signposted to the circuit (I think it’s the third one, N23) not the exit to the Aerodrome or Arnage. This takes you over a fly-over, which bears right round and brings you onto a dual carriageway (N23), stay in the right-hand lane and take the next exit right towards the circuit (D139). At the crossroads opposite the Main Circuit Entrance turn right onto the D139, continue past the grandstands on your left and you will then see the Bleu car park/campsite entrance on the right.

thanks to http://www.the-twats.com/

Steve East Anglian cobras

Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 01:23:04 pm »

Don't bother bringing a paddling pool  with you - Airtrack banned them from their "VIP" (sic) campsite after we took one 3 years ago...all in all a total rip off, so I hope you got a good price this year.

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 01:25:18 pm »

Did you misbehave MrT ?

2ba 355
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 01:40:18 pm »

Cheesy Steve, you're a star ! I remember the Mc D and Buffalo grill as that is where we exited last year. After that we go stuffed in Le mans !

Cheers
James
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 06:27:27 pm »

If filling a paddling pool with water is considered misbehaving, yes I am guilty. I guess they had a metered water bill - they didn't complain at the time, but it appeared in next years brochure, along with a pic of a beermountain I was adjudicating in my officail capacity!. Anyway at £400 per 8x5 it was our only option as ACO let us down...you know that feeling?

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 06:30:47 pm »

Anyway at £400 per 8x5 it was our only option as ACO let us down...you know that feeling?

Fortunately no.  Wink

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 10:59:22 am »

The last couple of years we have bypassed the town inner ringroad nightmare,

Coming south on the A402 take the autoroute A11 East until it splits, head south on the A28, then come off on the N23 and head west (this is the road that runs above terte rouge), come off the N23 at the N130 and this will drop you down behind the stella bar at terte rouge.

It looks a bit longer on the map, but providing you don't misss any of the juctions then it is quicker and alot easier.

http://www2.mappy.com
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 11:00:00 am by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 01:43:24 pm »

Make sure you dont miss that turn signposted Le Mans from the Autoroute, I did last year and its about 10 miles to the next exit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: