Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 06:04:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent - MB - wednesday arivvals - help  (Read 10359 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 08:40:57 pm »

As for opening on Wednesday SOME OF US ARE DOING AN UNOFFICIAL OPENING ON SUNDAY THE 12th!!!!

Can somebody be clear as for when exactly the gates open, is that Sunday evening or Monday morning? Maybe needless to say we'd like to be as close to the track as possible, therefor our arrival time is vital to us.

We're still hesitating whether to go on Saturday or Sunday, because we're stuck with the +7,5 tonne French Sunday driving ban. If the pit opens un Sunday evening, we'd have to leave on Saturday...

It isn't officially open till Monday. I believe some people that arrived on Sunday last year couldn't get in, whereas others did. It's all down to lucky timing. Some people arrive on Saturday. I think anyone arriving before Monday needs a contingency plan in case they can't get in.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 09:42:33 pm »

Thanks for that Smokie. That means we'll be leaving on Sunday, arriving Monday morning between 4 and 5 am. I guess in case the spot we want is already taken, we can easily go back a bit. We will overlook the lot of you anyway Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 09:57:55 pm »

ISTR that even early on Monday there was *some* space along the fencing, of that's what you are after. Limited though.

Some French chappie roped off quite a large area near us (along the fence), went off to work every day then stayed there every night, (I think) and on Friday erected some scaffold.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 12:29:27 am »

John

I usually get the bus just outside the station direct to the circuit, I think they run every 20 minutes.

Stu
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 07:52:53 pm »

ISTR that even early on Monday there was *some* space along the fencing, of that's what you are after. Limited though.
Sorry Smokie, but what do you mean with "ISTR" ??
Anyway, I'm working on a Sunday driving permit now. You never know, we might get away with it Cool
That would be the ideal scenario, have an easy Sunday trucking instead of watching the clock all day Undecided

Some French chappie roped off quite a large area near us (along the fence), went off to work every day then stayed there every night, (I think) and on Friday erected some scaffold.
I don't want to sound unfair, but I think I would take that space then. Let him try and move our setup, the team being 25 strong Grin

ISTR = I seem to recall
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:00:53 pm by smokie » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 06:36:28 pm »

..... I think anyone arriving before Monday needs a contingency plan in case they can't get in.

There is a municipal campsite at Ecommoy, a few k (9k according to the map) south of Mulsanne on the Tours road if you need somewhere.  Cheap as chips but with all the usual facilities.  Can't miss it - well signposted from the main road.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: