Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 03:41:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viewing Points  (Read 6625 times)
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2005, 10:27:36 am »

Does anyone know how much of the Porsche Curves it’s possible to get access to? I’ve been right up to the boundaries of Maison Blanche and Karting Nord but never further. Can you see any of the track from Beausejour. Are you able to walk/drive up to the point where the circuit leaves the public road, the start of the Porsche Curves?
Also, can you sneak into the tribunes late on Sat night once they start to empty?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:12:45 am »

Don't know about the Porsche Curves, although there does seem to be some access from the Porsche Campsite.

As for the Tribunes, with the passout ticket system, its almost impossible to get in unless you're a mate of the man on the gate.  They are a bit dosy, so there is a chance, but its slim

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 12:06:08 pm »

Does anyone know how much of the Porsche Curves it’s possible to get access to? I’ve been right up to the boundaries of Maison Blanche and Karting Nord but never further. Can you see any of the track from Beausejour. Are you able to walk/drive up to the point where the circuit leaves the public road, the start of the Porsche Curves?
Also, can you sneak into the tribunes late on Sat night once they start to empty?

Have a look at this map. It's the current ACO version.
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/acces/plan_vert_24h2005_3.pdf
As far as I know the outside of the Porsche Curves still has its enclosure. It's marked as Porsche Exterieur. I haven't been there for a couple of years though.
No, you can't see the track from Beausejour.
There is no access towards Arnage corner on the public road beyond the roundabout at Carrefour de Fresne near the Porsche Enclosure.
Have fun!!

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 04:11:34 pm »

Yes you can still get to the (well it was open last year.)  I'm not sure what the parking arangments are.  But it's not that far to walk.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:18:00 pm »

Porsche exterior still open, in the past we have got the motorbikes in to park there on qualifing days, but not on race days, a special ticket was required.  However this year they wouldn't let us take the bikes in even on weds/thurs and we had to park them outside.
This was probably due to the fact one of the British car clubs was camped there, together with a tent village run by a Dutch or Danish coach tour company. Because of this it was considerably more crowded than it has been in the past.

Tribunes have ticket checkers on all night, they block off all the access points except one, so only need one person per tribune to control access. From what I have observed they do not let in people who don't have tickets, even if they are French.  You could try bribery though Grin
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 02:22:19 pm »

we have never had a problem parking and viewing from PC. This year (2005) they moved the car park to the opposite side of the road as the 'usual' car park was indeed full of tents.

Cheers,

Tony
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 09:34:53 pm »

Do you have a clear enough view to be able to take photographs from Porsche Exterieur?

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:43:24 pm »

Lorry, a couple of years ago I had a cycle there during the Thursday evening practice.  Yes you get a view, its quick but a view, a bit like at the bottom of the Mulsanne straight when the cars are making their way towards Indianapolis.  I enjoyed being there for a few hours in the late evening sun, its worth the trip.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 06:10:24 am »

Do you have a clear enough view to be able to take photographs from Porsche Exterieur?
Hi Lorry Yes you can get some good photos at Porsche Curves. Long lens is useful. It has become alot more crowded now that it is also a camp site and a tour company has a hospitality area set up too but still worth the ride/ walk.
Canada Phil
BrickWC
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 10:40:58 am »

Lorry

Here are some of my meager efforts at Porshe curves, taken in '03.  If you move to the far right of the embankment you can see the can get pictures of the cars coming in to the curves.  Standing in the middle of the embankment you have to be fairly tall to get a picture over the catcg fencing.

http://tinyurl.com/chft2

Steve
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 03:01:58 pm »

Thanks, it looks well worth a visit, especially as you can just see over the fencing.  I'm getting fed up of pictures from Ford

I don't know why I've never been there, probably too dry a walk.  Only 1km though

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 06:10:06 am »

Thanks, it looks well worth a visit, especially as you can just see over the fencing.  I'm getting fed up of pictures from Ford

I don't know why I've never been there, probably too dry a walk.  Only 1km though
Hi Lorry,
              Well spotted. No bars along the route . You will need a back pack (or pack horse )to carry the beer.
Canada Phil
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 01:45:43 pm »

Hi Lorry,
              Well spotted. No bars along the route . You will need a back pack (or pack horse )to carry the beer.
Canada Phil

There is one small temporary food stand/ bar located on the right of the road between MB entrance and the entrance to Bleu parking.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:47:27 pm by Barry » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 01:59:17 pm »

Canada Phil
By coincidence I have a backpack with a cooler bag that fits inside, but this only takes 6 bottles, so I can't be long.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: