Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 08:26:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gobsmacked to say the least.  (Read 3790 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:01:29 pm »

Hi folks,

Just read the following thread on the Triumph Sports Six Club forum.

http://www.tssc2.org.uk/messageboard.asp?board=events&section=general&topic=200706151306452730650207

A totalitarian state or what, and this is the Great Britian we all love (us Brits that is).

Your views please.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:34:20 pm »

It just gets worse, the state just tries ( and succeeds) in  making life no better or worse for the majority with its continual erosion of civil liberties mainly in the name of increased security.
We are apparently one of the countries with the highest rate of video surveillance per citizen.
And to what end ? crime isn't reducing and in fact credit card fraud has been decriminalized as the police now have no interest unless the CC company reports the incident!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 06:01:50 pm »

A totalitarian state or what, and this is the Great Britian we all love (us Brits that is). Your views please. Jerry
'Great' Britain? Surely that statement falls foul of the Trades Description Act?
As for love- I've had enough of this shithole for years. Nothing suprises me anymore. Gods sake- 2 years clink in an overcrowded jail for being young and bored whilst they tag murderers!
Sums this place up!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 06:52:07 pm »

Well IMO it about the norm. 

I can understand what they are trying to do.   I used to live near a place used by "Boy Racers"  and it was not funny. 
However,  I'm not sure that this is the answer.  Personaly I don't like Guns but I can see there is a place for them in sport.  After the lunatic went berserque in a school the Govt.  Banned guns.    I notice that more and more gun crime seems to be happening these days.    So that was a waste of time effort adn money. 

New laws are not the answer.
As a matter of interest would a Funneral be a violation of this Law?  Bloody stupid as far as I'm concerned.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 08:47:40 pm »

Look on the bright side, it must obviously mean that the council has also found a way to prevent all traffic jams as well  Shocked

Either that or if you are the fifth car, you have to turn round and go home  Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 10:31:05 am »

Doesn't this actually require some police on the roads to implement it, i doubt speed cameras will stop them

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:59:04 pm »

More than five cars ? Does that mean that people can no longer go shopping and park up on the supermarket car park ? Grin
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 09:26:26 pm »

S'far as I know this has been around an awful lot longer than that....any car club *should* inform the Police about a "rally" of 5 or more cars although many don't and I certainly have never for the meets that I have arranged.

Fortunately I have very few friends, which sort of helps Smiley

It's the first time I have seen it enforced though, harder to prove for boy racers than a one marque club which also seems a tad unfair.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 11:39:32 pm »

This is all part of the nanny state, and there is draft legislation to make it far worse.

You've heard of Black Friday, soon we'll have a Brown Monday, a Brown Tuesday, a Brown Wednesday etc

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 12:06:57 am »

This is all part of the nanny state, and there is draft legislation to make it far worse.

You've heard of Black Friday, soon we'll have a Brown Monday, a Brown Tuesday, a Brown Wednesday etc

Lorry,

As they say.............SH1TE happens...............

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: