Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 12:15:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK - mobiles banned while driving from Dec 1  (Read 8901 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2003, 01:11:03 am »

Case Law will sort this little baby out . Some gent will be stuck on for an in ear type thing ( what i have just bought for £20 )  and will argue that it is as effective as the others and get of it , thus amending the law .

Although you would have to meet a real TW@T of a copper to persequte you for it .

BEWARE - Hampshire , Surrey , Sussex , MET , Avon and Somerset are ste for an operation to clamp down in the first month, thus creating figures to back up the Governments new laws. ( or so i am told )

Quick question  - can you be done for talking on a mobile phone whilst hands free on a motorbike ?( soft ear thingy type )

Answer No , you are not driving.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2003, 01:47:55 am »

Hi all,

just sipping my breakfast tea and reading this discussion with some amusement. Here in Hanoi (where I live) it's a common sight to see 4 people sitting on one motocycle with the driver riding it single-handed and having a mobile in the other hand taking calls while driving (no one wears a helmet here, so that's no problem). Going back to Europe next year, so it looks like I have to change my own phone-while-driving habits too..;-)

Cheers, see you all in June 2004

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2003, 02:44:50 am »

For those of you who live in and around Hampshire or have to travel through it at some point of the year, read on.....

Just found out from my friend at Hampshire Police that they have written up a Policy , which maybe on there website.

Anyone using in their hands a phone or messaging device whilst driving will be issued with a £30 non endourcable ticket . All types of hands free devises are suitable for use.
Drivers of vehicles larger than a car will NOT be issued a ticket , they will be reported to court where the fines can be upto £2500. ( aimed at Lorries , White Van man and buses )

Hopefully that may help

Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 12:26:51 pm »

i think they should ban farting in the car. if thats not a distraction (with all the gaging and looking at who did it) then i dont know what is.
can you imagine the trouble the copper would have trying to persue that case  Cheesy
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 01:23:13 pm »

BEWARE - Hampshire , Surrey , Sussex , MET , Avon and Somerset are ste for an operation to clamp down in the first month, thus creating figures to back up the Governments new laws. ( or so i am told )

This falls nicely into place for the unofficial Xmas Drink Driving random breath test  campaign.
"Excuse me sir, the reason I stopped you was that I had good reason to  believe you were using your mobile phone but it seems I was wrong,  while you are out of the car though would you kindly blow into this for me."
Beware.

On this subject also. I saw a report this morning on the Beeb news concerning this lady who sadly lost her daughter after a car accident caused by someone using a moblie phone.
She now spends her time honking and gesturing at people that are using phones while on the move.
As sad as her case is, I don't think she was considering fully or was briefed properly as to what she was saying, as this behaviour is equally as dangerous and possibly even more likely to cause an accident than the person she is aiming her anger at.

Perhaps there is a government body that can look into the statistics for this, maybe combined with the effects of drivers looking at there speedos checking that they are not breaking the limit whilst gossiping with their passengers and screaming at the 5 kids they have in the back as they pass the ever increasing number of gatsos and mobile "safety camera" vans rather than concentrating on the road and there driving.
Wink
Rusty
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:27:33 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2003, 01:34:33 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin - age > 25 days]

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2003, 02:33:13 pm »

Work of genius.

Watch out Bill Gates, your time is nigh.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 04:03:29 pm »

The IAM ( istitute of advanced motorists) wants to ban the totla use of phones in cars , as its dangerous, even with hands free . Must be dangerous then during the lessons when the pssenger is talking to you too..

Pnies

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2003, 06:07:30 pm »

What about two way communication in all motorcycle training, is that at risk too ??

What about the f**k*ng motorcyle test when you have to listen to the communication from the numbnut fascist following you in the car !!!!
What about that one then eh ?.

Lets go back to the good old times. Twice round the block and you can ride a Kawasaki H2!!!!  Shocked

Rusty
Bring it on baby!!!!

The Brethren Rock
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2003, 06:34:49 pm »

Lets go back to the good old times. Twice round the block and you can ride a Kawasaki H2!!!!  Shocked

Rusty
Bring it on baby!!!!

Yes Rusty, but on one wheel??  Shocked

Bikers will know that the Kwak triples were THE wheely machine of choice.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2003, 11:36:08 pm »

Two way radios are specifically excluded from the legisation.

They were originally going to completely ban all use of mobiles but realised it was unenforceable and also that people would ignore it en masse. I actually think what they have here is a reasonable compromise. I bet you still see plenty of people holding the thing to their ear though...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 11:37:01 pm by smokie » Logged
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2003, 01:23:48 am »

I'm going with Nordics solution.
Dunno if I can get it under me helmet though. Undecided

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2003, 06:20:54 pm »

Rusty ,

I can get my Body Glove earpiece thingy under my Arai , fits best with a balaclava .

Only slight problem is i cant hear who i am talking to  Angry

Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2003, 12:08:48 am »

Rusty ,

I can get my Body Glove earpiece thingy under my Arai , fits best with a balaclava .

Only slight problem is i cant hear who i am talking to  Angry

i've warned you about wearing your lid in the car. will that be illigal in december?
more rally driver will be snookered then. Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: