Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 10:08:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans 2006 - A Reply  (Read 33331 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2006, 10:29:51 am »

A little off topic, but here goes……

There has been mention in this thread that in the past there used to be 'information' screens around the circuit (I have only been going since 1997 and don't recall seeing them, so before my time I guess).

Some people liked them, others commented they were often inaccurate.

But surely with today's real time feedback and timing from the cars as they pass the pits there should be no reason for these screens to be inaccurate if they were re-instated by the ACO. The technology must exist that they would not need to lay down miles of communication cable, some sort of local transmission could be possible to the far flung reaches of the circuit.

I mean they use this timing technology to feed into the team garages and pit wall, why cannot it just be fed to other screens in other areas of the track?

Anyone know if this is technically possible?

I don't see this as a replacement to RLM, but could compliment it.

The technology does exists and, as I think I pointed out on another thread, these screens are available in the ACO members' areas.  They are, or seem to be, live timing screens. Maybe the ACO want more people to join but if so, they might pubicise this more as an advantage of membership.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2006, 10:38:52 am »

The technology does exists and, as I think I pointed out on another thread, these screens are available in the ACO members' areas.  They are, or seem to be, live timing screens. Maybe the ACO want more people to join but if so, they might pubicise this more as an advantage of membership.

Your are right of course Termietermite, it would be nice now for there to be screens around the circuit, at Mulsanne and Arnage in particular where radio reception is occasionally a little below par.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2006, 11:13:09 am »

Yes, I find them very usefull when I vist the members area.

But the half dozen times I went there this year the place was packed.

If the ACO get a ton more members and they all start using the members area it will be over crowded, and not a pleasurbale experience.

By just sticking a few more information screens around the place it would please a much wider audience, not just the English, but all race goes.

(by screens I don't mean the huge TV things)

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2006, 11:21:14 am »

monitors might be a better description perhaps?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2006, 11:23:42 am »

monitors might be a better description perhaps?
Sounds about right.  I'll e-mail the ACO on this subject (as I have on others).  Will anybody else?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2006, 11:51:18 am »

I'm in on this one for sure....
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2006, 12:10:54 pm »

mine is already sent Grin
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2006, 12:26:49 pm »

I also rememnber the monitors, and IIRC they were very up-to-date, and you were never far away from them if you were anywhere in the main viewing area on the private part of the circuit.  I also rember the army of boys who maintained the 'Leader Board' display above the old pits - but I am not suggesting we lobby for a return to THAT.

I'm not sure that flooding the ACO with emails from individuals requesting the re-instatement of these monitors is the best way to go.  Can we not get a resposible body, eg Grand Fromage (probably the only responsible body we have!!), to lobby the ACO on our behalf as the representative of over 1500 people - I think this would carry more weight than the 100 or so emails that would otherwise be generated.

I can't see that it would be very expensive for the ACO - they already have the 'drivers' in place, and repeating monitors in all the garages, VIP suites, press rooms and ACO enclosures.  Surely just an extension to the network that is already there, and a few dozen monitors.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2006, 02:22:33 pm »

I'm not sure that flooding the ACO with emails from individuals requesting the re-instatement of these monitors is the best way to go.  Can we not get a resposible body, eg Grand Fromage (probably the only responsible body we have!!), to lobby the ACO on our behalf as the representative of over 1500 people - I think this would carry more weight than the 100 or so emails that would otherwise be generated.

Almost like a petition you mean......Dear ACO, .......this request is also the feeling of 1500 CA memebers, etc. hank you for yuos consideration, etc.

I can't see that it would be very expensive for the ACO - they already have the 'drivers' in place, and repeating monitors in all the garages, VIP suites, press rooms and ACO enclosures.  Surely just an extension to the network that is already there, and a few dozen monitors.

That is exactly what I wast rying to get at, but got caught up in my own waffle.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: