Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 09:39:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic 2008- who, what, where and when  (Read 32266 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:21:55 am »

A little premature but having suffered for weeks watchin you guys having all the fun, with three weeks until departure, I want to get in the mood Grin
 So whos going, where and how and what in?
 Team Barrel o monkeys sail Poole to C'burg on the vomit comet on thurs 11th at 7.45am. Maison B for late lunch. Return Sunday 11.45 Caen to Pompy. Travelling in style, 72 Alfa Bertone Coupe, 89 BMW M3 E30 and Lotus Elan plus2 amongst some modern stuff.
 CA meet anyone?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:28:14 am »

We're at the British GP the weekend before then going straight from Silverstone out to France on Monday 7th - P&O this time as Sea France seem to be incapable of running ferries anywhere near to time!   

We're planning to arrive on MB around Wednesday lunchtime - not sure where we're going to head for - does anyone know if the MB really is zoned? 

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:37:31 am »

The Moggie and my shopping trolley will be in evidence.  We'll be on MB but I'm not sure if the sites actually open before Thursday night though?

Last year the usual 21.00 meeting time clashed with some pretty tasty stuff on track which meant that a 'poo bar meet was a bit of a no-no as each group of cars is only on for a relatively short time and being in the village meant missing it.  We gathered on MB's banking but even that wasn't too great as visibility wasn't good and anyway it's changed so much now.

The new Welcome area is absolutely stonking and free for members if you buy a drink/coffee etc.  One of the best views on the circuit now, imo, but I don't know if we have enough members to get us all in?  What about in front of the bar on the trackside by the village? (turn left immediately after the tunnel) - I think it's called the Brasserie du Courbe or something similar.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:46:06 am »

Always keen with anything to do with Brassiers Termie! Sounds like a good plan.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:55:56 am »

The Moggie and my shopping trolley will be in evidence.  We'll be on MB but I'm not sure if the sites actually open before Thursday night though?

MB opened on Wednesday for the last Classic, I'll check the website and drop the ACO an email to check. 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:27 pm »

MB opened on Wednesday for the last Classic, I'll check the website and drop the ACO an email to check. 
I doubt it will have changed then but you're probably right - best to check!

Personally I think the Courbe place is one of the best as it ticks all the boxes - it has three counters - one for booze, one for hot food, and one for cold (although they're not always all open, they should be on Saturday night) and the trackside stepping is open to all and not related to the bar - although there are usually loads of tables and chairs out there.  Catch fencing in the way of course, but better than being far from the track at the 'poo bar (which was a bit restricted this year and required a bit of subterfuge to smuggle in our own booze!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42:25 pm »

Out on the Friday morning on SeaChance,  taking my trusty Aston V8,  she's been to all of the Classics so far,  and it's her 30th birthday this year, bless her.  But she's gonna need a good old wash and polish before then after getting back from LM yesterday!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »

Hi
Does anyone know the link for the poster download?

Arrive wed evening around midnight leave sunday after the race....

Anyone seen my hat??

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:39:10 pm »

Missed last weekend so really looking forward to the Classic

Travelling wed overnight ferry poole - cherbourg and then back with Dr Sconefinger sun overnight caen to pompey.  and staying karting Nord.  See you there

Dave
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 11:01:10 am »

See you at the planning meet on Sunday night Dave. What time will you be there?

Dick Dasterdly was right
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »

We'll be on Maison Blanche in a Morgan +4, Corrado, Elan and an A4.

Thu night ferry Portsmouth-Caen, arriving on site Fri morn about 10.30.

Really, really looking forward to the Classic. First time my wife has agreed to come to Le Mans  Smiley
Perhaps I'll love to regret it but hey ho!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 05:31:07 pm »

Morning Tunnel crossing and then aim to arrive thursday evening, staying on Karting Nord.

Porsche 911 and BMW or Toyota verso.

Packing up Sunday for a hot bath and a cold Beer in a hotel somewhere north of Rouen.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 07:55:31 pm »

The entry list is looking seriously tasty..

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/fr/pdf/LMC_2008-entry_list.pdf

There are also some interesting drivers' names there, aren't there?  Mass, Bellm, Dumas, Narac, Ortelli, Sarazin, Arnoux, Nakano, Ayari, Pesca and.....

Schumacher x 2 Huh
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:11:47 pm by termietermite » Logged

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:43 pm »

Termie you were right, the ACO have confirmed that MB is only open from Thursday afternoon....whoops...we'll be staying another night elsewhere  Grin 
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 11:45:12 am »

Termie you were right, the ACO have confirmed that MB is only open from Thursday afternoon....whoops...we'll be staying another night elsewhere  Grin 

WTF is going on... that adds another €100 to my weekend as I will HAVE to stay in a hotel in Rennes and go out for a meal and a litre of wine...

>Martini...

PS anyone seen my hat?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:11:06 pm by Martini » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: