Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 04:40:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Shirt 2009 - Design  (Read 33647 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 11:18:19 am »

I can't forsee a problem with using the circuit outline. N138 used it on a shirt a few years ago without,as far as I know, any hassle. Most of it is a public road and as such dosen't belong to the ACO. But I stand to be corrected.

BTW, I like the idea of an Aston bursting through the circuit, modern or retro.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 11:19:50 am »

You may (or may not) recall my mate Andy 2 Cobras runs a small company that builds a Aston DBR1 / 2 'recreation'.  He took the current demonstrator to the classic last year.

His web site is - http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/

There's plenty of images on his web site that could be used or I have some I shot at the Classic last year if you want to go with a DBR1 50 years theme.

Here's one that could be further photoshoped to make it easier to reproduce -

Or from the website -

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:28:41 pm by Steve Pyro » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 11:29:59 am »

I'd prefer a  historic LM racecar - the DB1 would be fine. But then the track map should also be adjusted to hat era, e.g. no chicanes on the Hunnaudieres straights and no Dunlop Chicane...

...and no virages Ford or Porsche, and, and, and so on. Backdating gets quite complicated, I think. If we show the date as 2009, then the current map is justified, whichever car we may choose.

Backdating the track layout is no problem - there's an overview of all major layouts in the CA-Guide 2008 on page 13 Grin

As to the legal aspect: I think there is no problem as long as we do not copy someone's work. (Re)drawing the track layout by ourselves should be OK.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:30 am »

Just seen that there is a track map in wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circuit_de_la_sarthe_rev12_enlabels.svg

The author has released it into the public domain, so we can use it as a template.

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 01:37:16 pm »

I'd prefer a  historic LM racecar -
To a Morgan do you mean?  As they won their class in '62 then they surely qualify in that regard.

Not that this bothers me much.  Aston or Moggie not fussed about either.  I'll be buying a t-shirt no matter which car is on it. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 02:23:37 pm »

Just to complicate things, how about TWO cars 'bursting out' of the track design? Kind of overlapped (and in the same direction), the old and the new Aston to celebrate the 50 years?
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »

Sounds like a winner to me. DBR9 passing a DBR1? Both in the racing green colours?

They have lumps of what round the back???
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 03:28:16 pm »

I'd prefer a  historic LM racecar -
To a Morgan do you mean?  As they won their class in '62 then they surely qualify in that regard.

Not that this bothers me much.  Aston or Moggie not fussed about either.  I'll be buying a t-shirt no matter which car is on it. Smiley

Of course the Morgan qualifies - but another wild thought just crossed my mind: Why not take the legendary COMMER?

At least all CA-ers would have some story to tell if approached - and hell - it's probably the longest thread on a single, individual vehicle in the history of the Internet.

And as Andy is about to dump it, this would be an appropriate way of saying good-bye to the car.

I vote for the Commer Grin

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 04:18:07 pm »

Lets have the DN9R chasing the DBR1 whilst overtaking a Blower Bentley at White House whilst all three pursue the Commer bursting out of the circuit plan. I love it!!

I tested negative for patience.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 07:50:19 pm »

Something simple?

>Martini...

* Le Mans circuit.jpg (45.06 KB, 842x595 - viewed 257 times.)

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 08:03:00 pm »

Hi-Res pdf for front

>Martini...

* CA Front 09.pdf (432.92 KB - downloaded 159 times.)

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:21 pm »

with the track being yellow, will it not fade a bit on the T-shirts?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 09:50:38 pm »

Good drawing - but that might cause trouble - I assume the Aston-Logo with the wings is copyright-protected

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:36 pm »

Good drawing - but that might cause trouble - I assume the Aston-Logo with the wings is copyright-protected

We can apply for the permission to use the logo or amend/morph it. I do not think they will be averse to the association of the 50yrs at LM/

With regard to the yellow LM track this was to be the colour of the yellow on the front of the Aston, a basic yellow was used for indication purpose - it took me 10 mins...

From the brand site

The logo design and the artwork you are about to download is the intellectual property of the copyright and/or trademark holder and is offered to you as a convenience for lawful use with proper permission from the copyright and/or trademark holder only. You hereby agree that you agree to the Terms of Use and that the artwork you download will be used for non-commercial use without infringing on the rights of the copyright and/or trademark holder and in compliance with the DMCA act of 1998. Before you use or reproduce this artwork in any manner, you agree to obtain the express permission of the copyright and/or trademark holder. Failure to obtain such permission is a violation of international copyright and trademark laws subject to specific financial and criminal penalties.

>Martini...

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:15 am »

I say drop a line to Aston giving all the details and I bet the answer will be yes... also worth asking if a CA sticker could be on one of the cars.... you never know!! Cheesy
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: