Club Arnage
May 22, 2024, 12:58:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DfH / CA meeting no.II; 24/25 November in Rotterdam  (Read 168130 times)
rcutler
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56:45 am »

Norfolkline are cheap and go to Dunkerque from Dover, will save at least 45 mins in France.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2007, 02:21:59 pm »

From the chunnel to Rotterdam is about 3 hours, at night with no traffic, cruising altitude 1 m above road Grin

Take a good 4 hours with the comfort stops included.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2007, 02:28:45 pm »

From the chunnel to Rotterdam is about 3 hours, at night with no traffic, cruising altitude 1 m above road Grin .....

...... in a Chevy Malibu (last seen in the movie 'Repo Man')  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2007, 04:04:55 pm »

If I drive, what is the best ferry crossing (I'm located in the South East of England) Dover, Folkstone & tunnel are all convenient. How long is the drive, once across the water?

Cheers.
We will probably use Speedferries to cross (el cheapo!), Dover to Boulogne. According to Multimap it's about 3.5 hours from Boulogne to Rotterdam without comfort stops.
I think the crossing preference is a personal thing. I have been traveling frequently since 1993 and have done just about all possible departures between Calais and Hook of Holland. There has been a time (still in the tax free era) when I was driving an artic 3 times a week from Holland to Liverpool and back, so was on the ferry six times a week for months on end. What a revelation it was when I went by Channel Tunnel in July '94. I hated the one-day-tourists on the ferries the most, always jumping queues and loading up liquor like it's going out of style.
Since then I try to avoid ferries. Rather pay that little extra and have the comfort of my own car seat and the quietness of the train. It's also a lot faster - done Rotterdam to Bournemouth in 7 hours flat once, you can forget all about that when going by ferry.

As for Rotterdam - Calais, my record is 2hr 25mins, but that was at full throttle nearly all the way (86mph av.) on a brand new 1200cc motorbike - not recomendable! As said above, count on somewhere 3½ - 4 hours including stops and the Ring road of Antwerp on a Friday Undecided
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:26:39 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2007, 11:43:57 pm »

5 Weeks to go! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:05 am »

No, in 5 weeks it's over already! 32 days to go!!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2007, 02:13:41 pm »

Probably a daft question - are snow chains obligatory in Holland in November? (To carry with you I mean, not to use all the time, obviously!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2007, 02:17:23 pm »

No, they're not Termie. We hardly get any snow and it's all flat over here.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2007, 03:26:29 pm »

Probably a daft question - are snow chains obligatory in Holland in November? (To carry with you I mean, not to use all the time, obviously!)
Don't mix us up with certain regions of Germany please....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2007, 10:20:08 pm »

Gimp chains maybe an option for the adventurer!

Andy
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2007, 09:21:55 pm »

Don't mix us up with certain regions of Germany please....
I promise never to do that! Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »

I've got a brilliant idea. Why not wait for ages to book your flight so the price goes up from £90 to £246.

COCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now seeking alternative travel arrangements and the most likely option is driving via the Tunnel for the princely sum of £124. Much more flexible, don't have to get up at 5am and I don't pay for petrol.

The delay in flight booking was due to an administrative problem in obtaining the correct pass for the weekend. In fact the pass was completely revoked after the Rugby quarter final when I came home 7 hours late but I knew she'd cave.....  Undecided

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2007, 06:52:50 pm »

7 hours late

Only seven hours late ? You amateur !!!

I learnt very quickly after my first marital outing the art of getting a pass is not even bothering to ask, just fecking go. If you ask, the answer is invariably "NO" so I don't bother anymore, I just tell her I'm going and that I'll be back sometime.

Grin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:06:13 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:34 pm »

Me too, never failed yet!

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2007, 08:23:06 pm »

I've got a brilliant idea. Why not wait for ages to book your flight so the price goes up from £90 to £246.

COCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now seeking alternative travel arrangements and the most likely option is driving via the Tunnel for the princely sum of £124. Much more flexible, don't have to get up at 5am and I don't pay for petrol.

The delay in flight booking was due to an administrative problem in obtaining the correct pass for the weekend. In fact the pass was completely revoked after the Rugby quarter final when I came home 7 hours late but I knew she'd cave.....  Undecided

Wishy and me are flying with VLM, good rate and looking forward to flying in and out of city airport - very steep approach into airport.

Try flying with VLM, flights from city airport to rotterdam, still showing £30 each way - plus tax's and other bit - total - £123.00 - still cheaper than £246.

Worth a look.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: