Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 02:05:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicky Hayden World Champ!  (Read 2450 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:57:46 am »

Sorry, I originally wasn't going to start a thread, but since no one else has....
Hell Yeah!  Full props to the Kentucky Kid, I thought his title was dead after Pedrosa bullseyed him a few weeks ago but Valentino opened the door and Nicky took full advantage.
This is a big deal for bike fans in the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana region, since he's the first champ from our neck of the woods.  Watched him race since he was a teenager and couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Well done Trick Daddy, 2006 Moto GP Champ!
Fax
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:59:38 am »

Yes I agree nice guy to have in motorsport I was going to post this on Sunday afternoon but was not sure if anyone on the forum was that interested in MotoGP. (Robbo, Ian etc I know)
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:45:28 am »

Fully agree Fax, never thought Nicky Hayden had a rats ass chance going into Valencia, who would of dreamed that Rossi would go down but as the saying goes, "Quitters never win and winners never quit". Congats to the Hayden team.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:21:39 am »

Yes I agree nice guy to have in motorsport I was going to post this on Sunday afternoon but was not sure if anyone on the forum was that interested in MotoGP. (Robbo, Ian etc I know)

Not interested?   A championship properly alive to the end of the season.  highly visible machine controil on the edge.   It might be two wheels instead of four, but it is some of the best top level racing going these days - racing being defined by things actually overtaking each other on the track whilst racing rather than in the pits......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:01:07 pm »

Not interested?   A championship properly alive to the end of the season.  highly visible machine controil on the edge.   It might be two wheels instead of four, but it is some of the best top level racing going these days - racing being defined by things actually overtaking each other on the track whilst racing rather than in the pits......

MG Mark

As the Carlsberg man would say 'Probably' the best racing around.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:55 pm »

I also think the sheer class of Rossi should be noted as well, he was the first guy to congratulate Nicky on his title.  That say's a helluva lot about Valentino.  It's easy to be gracious when your winning, but to show that kind of style when you know you've just thrown away a title show's tremendous class.  I doubt most of the F1 brats have a shred of that.
Fax
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:18 pm »

I also think the sheer class of Rossi should be noted as well, he was the first guy to congratulate Nicky on his title.  That say's a helluva lot about Valentino.  It's easy to be gracious when your winning, but to show that kind of style when you know you've just thrown away a title show's tremendous class.  I doubt most of the F1 brats have a shred of that.
Fax

Exactly - aside from the quality of the racing, that's the other good reason that makes MtoGP and Superbikes stand out from the rest!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: