Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 03:03:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LM Practice Weekend  (Read 20283 times)
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »

Hello all,

Does anyone know if your race ticket covers entry to the practice weekend this year?

i know in the past they did but this was when the practice weekend was closer to the event, i doubt the tickets will be out in time for this years practice

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.  I keep meaning to e-mail them to find out if the camping tickets will be issued in time for easter too so I can pick  all the tickets up together.  When I finally get round to it I'll confirm that it's included.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »

a bit lazy but when is the practice weekend again?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:14:33 pm »

Test Day is Easter Sunday 24 April this year.
Yes, GA tickets for the 24 Hours include free entrance on Test Day.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 04:34:19 pm »

From the ACO website: -

t had not occurred in 2009 and 2010 as an economy measure: the day of preliminary tests at the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2011 will be organized again this year but in April this time.

It will be held April 24, finding a place in the schedule more convenient for the teams and it occupied since 2004. Indeed, with seven weeks to get from working on Sunday and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the teams will have a sufficient time to work in depth on the machines, many of whom should be new, which will be aligned on June 11 at the 24 Hours.

This event is not mandatory except for drivers, teams and / or cars that have never played the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the past. This will only free practice. Novelty particularly attractive: these preliminary tests are open to 76 cars maximum, which will allow teams not involved in Le Mans, the image of the lining of Formula Le Mans who are not allowed at the 24 Hours, to face legendary track for fun.

Also, some teams could come to roll on a course that is not so common to borrow a few experimental cars. Scrutineering will take place Saturday, April 23. The driving sessions will be held from 9 to 13 pm and from 14 to 18 hours. Commitments for this special day are open from 1st February, closing on February 24 at midnight.

Spectators are very welcome. If you have your ticket for the 24 Heures du Mans 2011, the entrance to the test day is included. If you only want to come on April 24, it will cost 10 euros and 27 euros you can attend in addition to the test day to an evening testing the 24 Hours of Le Mans, scheduled on 8 and 9 June 2011.

Crouch..........bind..........set
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:57:48 pm »

i have spoken to our ticket supplier and they are making sure that the main event tickets will be coming out in time

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

So great that the Practice weekend is back, isn't it?  Fewer than 3 months to go. Grin

Who's coming over to join us?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:58 pm »

The good news is, I suppose, that it's Easter weekend, therefore most people should be off work.

However it's also my middle child's birthday, and she's about as interested in motor sport as I am in Justin Bieber.

So it's no go for me, unfortunately  Cry

Crouch..........bind..........set
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:43:15 pm »

Are campsites available on the test weekend?

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:14:12 pm »

Are campsites available on the test weekend?

Don't think you need a campsite, most hotels still have rooms available

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:15:33 am »

Yeah, but camping is cheaper then hotelrooms. Grin

Looking into with knetter and Paddy, we might show up!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 12:05:24 pm »

Agreed, Camping is the only way to go and keep it within budget, plus I like the atmosphere a lot better. So any advice would be welcome.

Alternatively, could we stay in your backyard Termie??

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 01:05:48 pm »

ACO campsites will not be open. From experience of previous Test Weekends it's hard enough to find even a beer and a sandwich at the circuit.
There are private and municipal campsites in the area.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:46:49 pm »

Yeah, but camping is cheaper then hotelrooms. Grin

Looking into with knetter and Paddy, we might show up!

34 €/night for a 2 or 3-person room ...  don't think camping will get any cheaper  Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »

Of course you can camp in our garden.  However, we are about 40 mins away so it's harder for everybody to get p*ssed trackside!  Still, we can party into the night afterwards.  Hic.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: