Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 12:53:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche LMP2  (Read 2471 times)
ecurie
CA Veteran

Speed limit ? What speed limit ?!?

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2005, 12:30:20 pm »

Apparently, Porsche will not take this car to Le Mans. It's been build exclusively for the American Le Mans series.

I think it's a pity. It would be nice to see some more manufacterers in the Sports Prototype class.

* PorscheLM02.jpg (14.12 KB, 400x267 - viewed 158 times.)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 12:45:23 pm »

Where did you read that? It does make sense as the car would have little chance of an outright win at LM.

There is however talk of an LMP1 program to start the following year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 12:46:58 pm »

Apparently, Porsche will not take this car to Le Mans. It's been build exclusively for the American Le Mans series.

I read some articles in the german press and the situation seems to be as follows:
Although the car was build in Germany, the whole LMP2 project was initiated and launched by Porsche of North America. The Porsche factory itself will not run the car, for 2006 it will be runned exclusively by the Penske Team in the ALMS, so if Penske doesn't plan to go to Le Mans as well, we won't see this car at the Sarthe next year. However, after 2006 Porsche plans to sell this car also to other teams, so we can expect to see one 2007 at the latest

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 12:55:44 pm »

Just another thought: Should we all start a www.PenskeToLeMans2006.org site to lure them over the pond for next year? Huh Huh

Or may be all CA members fill out the contact form at www.penskeracing.com at least once a day?   Grin Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Fax
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 02:10:32 pm »

To be honest I think a Penske trip to Le Mans would be unlikely, they've got such a busy schedule as it is with NASCAR, IRL and now ALMS commitments.  Seems like a damn good excuse for you guys to come over and visit Sebring or Road Atlanta.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: