Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 04:48:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heard about richard hammond!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13811 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 11:40:24 pm »

A drag car!
Blimey! - it's one thing being carted off to hospital, and another thing arriving in fishnet stockings, high heels, split crotch panties and an outrageous wig. I hope for his sake the press didn't get any photographs.
H

Deliciously inappropriate, Harry. I salute you.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 09:52:56 am »

Taken from Pistonheads.com
They have set up charitable donations to Yorks air ambulance. Seems to be gathering quite a pace..  Smiley

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardHammond?page=2#donationtable

The donations to the YAA have now reached the £30,000 mark.

People are donating from all around the world, not only in responce to the help they gave to Richard but to support a charity that provides a vital service. Its a shambles of UK government that all the UK air ambulances forces are funded from donations, same goes for the RNLI.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 10:01:55 am »

Very true.

Another woefully underfunded air ambulance service, operating in my neighbourhood. http://www.essexairambulance.co.uk/

Some notes from the website -

It is never more than eight minutes flying time from any one of the major hospitals in Essex flying at a speed of 160 miles per hour.
Operational seven days a week, the Air Ambulance flies on average 3-5 missions a day, and so far, over 6,000 missions have been flown since the service was commissioned.

The Essex Air Ambulance Trust is a registered charity and is not funded by either the NHS or Government. The total costs for this valuable life-saving service has to be found from charitable donations from the general public and local businesses.

The Essex Air Ambulance Trust needs in excess of £105,000 each month to keep the helicopter fully operational. The bottom line is, no money, no Air Ambulance!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 10:10:13 am »

Best wishes to the Hamster, hope he recovers soon. Slightly worrying that the Herpes and Syphillis Executive seem to have jumped on the incident with glee. What are they going to conclude? That driving a dragster breaches the Health and Safety at Work Act?

It'll be interesting to see how the beeb respond. A characteristically spineless response would be to cancel the show, but it attracts a lot of viewers and BBC managers are ratings junkies.

Or they could follow Transport 2000's suggestion of a programme about "sensible cars being driven sensibly". Well, that'll bring in the viewers!
Radar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 11:25:22 am »

From PA newswire:

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has been moved out of intensive care and is
making "satisfactory progress", doctors at Leeds General Infirmary said.
 ends
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 11:41:24 am »

Good news indeed.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 12:31:23 pm »

A drag car!
Blimey! - it's one thing being carted off to hospital, and another thing arriving in fishnet stockings, high heels, split crotch panties and an outrageous wig. I hope for his sake the press didn't get any photographs.
H

Deliciously inappropriate, Harry. I salute you.

I agree Matt, this whole episode has got Lesley Crowther written all over it.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006, 02:19:42 pm »

Q: What have Richard Hammond and Elton John got in common?

A: They both have skid marks on their helmets!

ps. I do hope he makes a speedy recovery, as he has definitely taken TG to another level in recent years, and I've nothing but respect for him.

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Radar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2006, 02:42:34 pm »

Since his condition is improving...

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/top-gears-richard-hammond.html
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2006, 03:31:43 pm »

Tried it with my name and got

BOOB DOWN RUDE

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2006, 03:48:41 pm »

few dear nag... pathetic!! Huh

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2006, 11:21:09 pm »

Good to hear he making a good recovery and maintaining his sense of humour..........

Clarkson, a Sun columnist, said in the newspaper: "In the wee small hours of Thursday night, just 30 hours after what is almost certainly the world's fastest ever car crash, Richard Hammond suddenly sat up in bed, opened his eyes and asked what had happened.

"You've been in a car accident," I said. "Was I driving like a t**t?' he asked. Before getting out of bed and walking shakily to the lavatory."

Hammond had not lost his sense of humour and, according to The Sun, said to his other co-presenter James May, also visiting him in hospital: "Hello c**kface."

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2006, 01:59:59 pm »

Top Gear new series postponed

Read this earlier

LONDON (Reuters) - The BBC is to indefinitely postpone the new series of Top Gear until presenter Richard Hammond has recovered from the brain injuries he suffered in a high-speed crash.

The next series had been due to begin on October 8.

"We would not think of finalising plans for the next series without discussing it with everyone involved," the BBC said in a statement. "When it is suitable, the team will do this and we will announce a new transmission date."

Hammond, 36, was moved from a high dependency ward to a side-room on a general ward at Leeds General Infirmary on Saturday.

"He is continuing to do well," a hospital spokesman told Reuters on Sunday.

Hammond was seriously injured on Wednesday when he crashed a jet-powered dragster as he accelerated towards 300 mph in a feature being filmed for the BBC show.

With the accident being jointly investigated by police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Top Gear Producer Andy Wilman threatened to quit if the BBC made any attempt to tone down the programme's emphasis on speed and extreme stunts.

"You either do the show you or you walk away," Wilman told The Observer newspaper on Sunday.

Hammond's co-host Jeremy Clarkson also rejected criticism of Top Gear's format.

"Next week I intend to be down on the track driving faster than ever," Clarkson told The Observer. "It's what we do."

Meanwhile Hammond well-wishers have donated over 134,000 pounds to a charity for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, which air-lifted the Top Gear presenter to hospital after Wednesday's crash.

Get well soon Richard - The public needs programs like top gear.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2006, 02:31:24 pm »

They are holding a car boot sale at Elvington Airfield today. It's only bits and pieces but apparantly it's all top gear

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: