Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 03:13:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferry booking  (Read 33795 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:58 pm »

...... sodding Brittany want £535 per car this year from pompy to caen, up from just under £400 last year. Any sugestions (apart from the obvious sarky ones!!)

Try LDlines.com.  They only have one sailing each way per day Pompey-Le Havre, outbound overnight and inbound leaves about 5.00pm.  No frills boat (in fact a bit tatty), but everything is there.  I used them earlier this year (not en route to LM), and found them inexpensive compared to BF.

It's only about 30miles longer from Le Havre to LM compared to Caen, and it is a good fast road (motorway nearly all the way)

Best of luck

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2006, 11:59:39 pm »

As usual I have left it too late again to book a crossing (well not late, i booked in march last year), sodding Brittany want £535 per car this year from pompy to caen, up from just under £400 last year. Any sugestions (apart from the obvious sarky ones!!)
One of the longer crossings would be ideal as its a 1100 mile round trip anyway from oop ere and the shorter crossings would put another 5-600 miles on top (plus a night crossing is the only time I get any kipp, never find the time for it once there!)

Bloody hell!!! We booked a Brittany Ferries crossing for a 12 meter van and 5 meter trailer for £460! Going out on Sunday 10th and coming back on Monday after the race. Try a different day for going out.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2006, 12:28:21 am »

Cheers Del, will give it a go.
 Hi Rick, I have tried chopping crossing times around, doesn't make a great deal of difference, I have to be back on Monday morning so need a Sunday night crossing to be back in Newcastle at a reasonable time. Its getting harder to get down every year with work commitments and the wife still likes to nag me to death too.
 It would be cheaper to go down on Monday or Tuesday and make it a longer trip but the older I get the less I want to spent time in a tent Grin

Nice to see that all has been well on the good ship Arnage during my absence, well, apart from the odd member throwing the teddy out!! A little OTT methinks.

Roll on June Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2006, 11:06:47 am »

Wouldn't Dover Calais be as easy for the North, plus the boats seem to go every half an hour (But no sleep).  Presumably you miss the end of the race to get back on Monday morning, as it must be about 16 hours door to door.

And can I rub it in.  LD Lines, car and caravan £260  Bargain

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2006, 09:19:07 am »

Good news for me. My sister is not going to the TT's. I have changed my ferry bookings, now going out on Sunday 10th from Portsmouth. Back the 18th. Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2006, 09:45:54 am »

just booked LD lines out on wed 13th, coming back via the tunnel on Sunday night as we don't want to miss the end of the race to catch the 5pm return. Much cheaper that Brittany Turpin but will be mega tired after 3 days at LM with no sleep and a 14 hour non stop drive home Undecided

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
rcutler
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2006, 02:47:17 pm »

Good news for me. My sister is not going to the TT's. I have changed my ferry bookings, now going out on Sunday 10th from Portsmouth. Back the 18th. Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Mike what crossing? We are on Pompy-Caen in the afternoon.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2006, 05:34:12 pm »

Rick, Mike's with us on the 2330 sailing.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
rcutler
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2006, 06:04:00 pm »

OK, We are on the afternoon sailing and will stop over on the way down. It is cheaper for us to travel in the day then kip over in a lay by or the free motor home stopover point next to the ferry.

Hopefully we will not have the same problems pulling away as last year!
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2006, 08:01:38 pm »

I do not think you have left it too late with Brittany Ferries, prices keep changing.  My advice is leave it a few days and try again you may find it drops again.  They wanted £570 a few weeks back but managed to get it at £393 for a car and 4 berth cabin Pompey St Malo out Caen Pompey back.  Booked on Saturday morning so keep checking as prices definately vary day to day
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2006, 11:46:56 pm »

Britanny ferries seem to be a night mare whats going on?

been there done that doing it again !
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2006, 12:57:23 pm »

Don't know Chris, never had a problem with them. All done and dusted on line.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2006, 06:20:37 pm »

Well the Flying Baguettes advance party are on Pompey Cherbourg on the Monday morning.

Main group is on same ferry on Wednesday

all are back Caen - Pompey, Monday evening
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2006, 10:56:47 pm »

Don't know Chris, never had a problem with them. All done and dusted on line.
mike it seems much more expensive on B/F (for me anyway) I'm all booked up now I did try on-line but it would not accept it ! ended up paying thro the nose...... Cry

been there done that doing it again !
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2006, 05:16:04 pm »

Not exactly ferry booking but linked,

I just received this email from them;

Shares in SpeedFerries

Dear Customer,

Many of our loyal customers have asked for shares in our Dover-Boulogne ferry company, but Speedferries is legally prevented from issuing shares save to certain categories of investor.   We are accordingly up-dating our records to establish whether any of our customers fall within any of the following permitted categories of investor:

(a)        a high net worth individual;

(b)        a sophisticated investor;

(c)        a self certified sophisticated investor.

If you fall within any of the above categories and would be interested in investing in ordinary shares of Speedferries, please reply to this e-mail by sending an email to shares@speedferries.com indicating which category you fall in.  We will then be able to check with you your paperwork supporting your category.  Please note that the minimum investment will be £50,000.

A high net worth individual must have an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more or hold net assets to the value of £250,000 or more [excluding for these purposes the primary residence, any loans secured on the primary residence, and all pensions benefits] and sign a confirmatory certificate in the required format.

A certified sophisticated investor is a person who has a current certificate in writing in the required format signed by a person authorised by the Financial Services Authority to the effect that he or she is sufficiently knowledgeable to understand the risks associated with investments in an unlisted company.

A self-certified sophisticated investor is a person who is a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and has been for at least the last six months before the date of the certificate; or made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years before that date; or is working, or has worked in the two years before that date, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small or medium enterprises; or is currently, or has been in the two years before that date, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.

Kind regards

Curt Stavis
Chief Executive

If I was one of the above, I wouldn't be paying £56 return to sail on Speedferries!

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: