Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 08:51:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henri Pescarolo  (Read 2312 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 05:52:28 pm »

Watched a really interesting program On motors tv today about HP, he's had quite a career, struck me as being a very nice guy, drove with Graham Hill at L/M, never got the right drive for F1 but did well in F2, think he said he had done the Dakar ralye 19 times once in a land rover too!

been there done that doing it again !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:32:48 pm »

Thats the funny french bloke who hassled me for a photo at Donnington! :-):-):-)
Seriously- I can see why the french adore him- super friendly and very down to earth. Just wish the ACO would give his cars a fair run against those smelly oil burners.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:43:31 pm »

Thats the funny french bloke who hassled me for a photo at Donnington! :-):-):-)
Seriously- I can see why the french adore him- super friendly and very down to earth. Just wish the ACO would give his cars a fair run against those smelly oil burners.

I'll  post this now before KK does  Wink 

Longish story but the condensed version...I'm well known for my inability to recognise those that I should really know...

Some years ago when we were running the old Coys Festival at Silverstone I was manning the speed gun in the pit lane, there was only an advisory limit so it was just a case of being there to try to slow folks down a little (Wizzo did 128kph one year!).

So...it's a beautiful day, I'm leaning on the rail waving the gun around when some french chap with a beard wanders over to chat to me, we talk for a while, he's a lovely man, interested in what I'm doing etc. etc. 

The session finishes and it's time for me to go and do something else, as I leave him a chap comes up with a book for the nice man to sign, I wander into the pit office saying "should I know him" at which point everyone else in the place falls apart laughing - it is of course the great Henri and I had no idea! 

He really was a very nice man! 
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 04:14:35 pm »

Saw him working on one of the stands at scrtutineering in the town a year or two ago - he was giving out the little photo books alongside the staff.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:02:02 pm »

looks like I was not wrong then,

been there done that doing it again !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: