Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 07:25:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British GP axed for 2005  (Read 14657 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:06:56 pm »

So says this article from MotorSport.

Probably politics at work....
Fax
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:59:10 pm »

There you go all you F1 devotees.  Your beloved little greedy pygmy at work again, nothing like a little blackmail to endear yourself to the fans.  How does Bird say it?  Neeeeeeow! There goes your GP to Korea.  Wish ours would go as well.
John
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:34:40 pm »

Thats it. As British People we should omit from buying F1 sponsored products and turn off our TV's, and stop buying the merchandise.

Stand up for ourselves

Take life by the horns and live it.
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 11:46:18 pm »

perhaps if he'd still been big mates with tony it might still be here.

I won't miss it never went and never wanted to.

LMES showed that you can out on good racing at affordable prices, so Sliverstone should concentrate on that and other things like attracting FIA GTS DTM and BTCC which last weeks racing at Donington was really good stuff.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 12:04:59 am »

Say what you like about F1's current state, we gave up going in 2000 and now much prefer LM. But there are a lot of uk poeple employed in the industry and many of LM teams have strong connections to through personell have worked and gained exerience and bought technology via F1. This iis very bad news for motorsport entirly! On that basis, we should support any protests aimed at reversing this stupidity and get Bernies head out of his a*se.  
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 09:12:16 am »

Ecclestone is a money grabbing ba***rd.  This country should give him one hell of metaphorical shafting.  It's only F1, but this is outrageous.  The stupid little dwarf should have his nationality revoked.  Angry Angry Angry

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 11:40:03 am »

The stupid little dwarf should have his nationality revoked.

Unfortunatley he'll probably end up being knighted. Angry Angry

Quote from the poison dwarf himself 'If anyone kidnapped me, I don't know who would give the money to get me back. there are an awful lot of people who would pay to keep me there'

Do we start collecting for the latter option now? Smiley Smiley
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 12:01:46 pm »

Feel free to vote for him....

http://www.lotusxifc.com/gaids/gaidsList.asp

Take life by the horns and live it.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 12:02:15 pm »

[[

Do we start collecting for the latter option now? Smiley Smiley

Where do I send my credit card details?]

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
mgb1975
CA Veteran

I'm a llama, get me out of here!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 12:11:08 pm »

Duly Voted.

And never mind paying to keep him kidnapped, let's just pay to have him shot.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 12:12:50 pm »

so the main 2005 motoring event will be the LMES race Huh

YES, YES, YES !!!

Thanks a lot Bernie !  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 12:17:29 pm »

let's just pay to have him shot.

Much to good for him, hang draw and quarter the little sh*te
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 12:40:54 pm »

Setting aside emotions, which can be quite hard at a time like this, you have to appreciate that F1 is simply a money circus, not a sport. It is supremely naive for anyone to assume otherwise. And it's not just F1 that's guilty of this, look at IRL etc and the political upheavals they've had in the recent past.

Bernie is playing a bloody good game. Yes he's a soulless little bastard but you have to understand the dynamics of the F1 business. And it's got sod all to do with racing cars and soul stirring racing. Effectively, he's competing for revenue with International and European Premier league  football, the Olympics and other huge worldwide sports and events.

There is no room for sentiment in this day and age. F1 only ever plays the heritage card when it suits itself to do so. Silverstone does not, and probably never will, square up to the fantastic new facilities such as the £300m spent at Shanghai. Know a couple of friends who were at Dubai and they raved about it's facilities.

Yes, I know the racing is crap at the moment, the cars are beyond parody and the drivers with one or two exceptions are utter dullards. But I'm appalled though that the British GP has been lost for the sake of £3m. If it was that important to the likes of Sirs Ron and Frank, Eddie and the others, I reckon they'd have a whip round for what effectively is loose change given team budgets, sponsors etc.

So where does this leave us? Difficult to say, but pretty largely in the lurch. It's not too late for one of the big knobs to pull the iron out of the fire, they've got until 13th Oct to come up with the dosh. I just wouldn't bet on it!

So it's back to LM for me, yes it's commercial in a way, but it's a bit more honest to goodness and retains it's sense of heritage. At least the ACO try to keep it real, even if they don't always suceed.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 01:21:28 pm »

The LMES was my first visit to Silverstone since the days of the Silk Cut Jags and cammie-knickers, and I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to it (the facility, that is). But, I was very pleasantly surprised, either I'd forgot how good it is, or I'd been desensitised by the gradual sinking of spectator viewing standards at LM. Some of the vantage points were marvellous (whether or not they still would be with 50,000 spectators there I'm not sure) and at no time did the walls or crash fence seem intrusive, like at LM.
What was seriously impressive about the place though, was the number of toilet facilities. It was possible to walk round the entire circuit without finding anywhere to buy a drink or bit of grub (apart from the paddock area, that is) but you could have as many dumps as you could shake a stick at. The man who decided to buy that lot needs his hand shaking. Mind you, I'm not sure what sort of spectators Silverstone were expecting in order for them to invest in such lavish lavatorial facilities, but here's betting they wouldn't be at the top of the League of Continence. I kept a wary eye open and sphincter closed, for this crowd all day, but thankfully they didn't turn up, - there'd have been no missing them if they had. I'd imagine the local water company and Environment Agency heaved a huge sigh of relief and then went for a dump of their own. If all of that lot had been in action there'd have been hell on in the pipes.
So, if they haven't got the GP anymore, any major event they host has got to involve some top quality bowel evacuation or the whole thing will be a total waste. Maybe an International Curry Appreciation Convention could get things moving, sponsored by Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil, just in case. I for one would be there, and the aural qualities shouldn't be too different from a GP. I can hear the Columbian bouncing off the rev limiter now.
Bernie should be given the job of clearing up afterwards.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fax
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 02:05:14 pm »

I keep thinking back to what Eddie Jordan said in an interview a few years ago, that people in F1 were ill with money.
Its very similar to whats going on over here with professional baseball, the players union and owners are cutting their own throats but are so blinded with greed they don't even realize it.
John
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: