Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 01:12:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why doesn't CA join forces with an already existing ticket agent??  (Read 3995 times)
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:55:34 am »

Please don't shoot me down but.............

Having read all the agro that everybody has had this year, and the costs involved becoming an agent.....
Why doesn't CA do a deal with one of the "nicer" ticket agencies eg Team Langoustine (no, I have no connection with them, they are local, Wokingham and I've used them before).

This way, noboby has to stump up any money, other than what tickes they want.

I'm sure that the agency would welcome the business that CA would bring, perhaps issue CA users with a discount code??

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:45:28 am »

No bullet, but from my perspective I think that it's because CA is a fairly loose arrangement (and all the better for it in many ways) and the key to the question for me lies in the CA constitution:

"The purpose of Club Arnage is to provide a web-based forum, that is renowned for friendship, openness, humour, honest information and the absence of advertising and commercial gain, as a home for any individuals who share the many and various dreams and interests that make up the Le Mans 24-hour race, and much else that takes their fancy besides". 

If there were someone with the time and inclination to make the necessary arrangements and administer a system, it's not that we couldn't use an agency, or even offer a single collective solution, but that with such a wide variety of individuals and groups, who all have different foibles, and a mixture of hardy regulars and others who only use the forum around race time, it is perhaps inevitable that people make their own arrangements to suit their style of enjoying the event, whether that is through being on a particular campsite, having a distinctive encampment, or going as a group or as an individual.  Consequently, we have the panoply of talent that makes up CA, with some using existing agencies, others booking direct with the ACO, and others taking their chances nearer the race weekend.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »

It sounds a bit like a shot in the dark, I cannot see us all joining forces and make a booking - like Mark says.

Latest news is now that Karting Nord -the only site that hasen't been released yet- will be under construction as well now, so they made up another excuse to release less tickets for that site as well. This basically means nobody will be track side anymore, and my guess is they will probably fill the pitches track side up with large tents for sponsors (so more money for the ACO).
It makes me feel like applying for Mulsanne or Arnage... Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:40 pm »

I don't mean to make a "group" booking. I mean just nominate an agent, then let people book their own requirements with them.
Using CA's people quantity to perhaps negotiate a better rate...
Perhaps let the agent place a "ticket" link on this site??
Just a thought......

Mind you, if we made getting tickets easy...... what would we all talk about!!   Grin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:46:28 pm by robbo_28 » Logged

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:40:19 pm »

Well can you hurry up and decide where you're going. It's very selfish of you to keep people waiting. It seems all you're interested in is working out how to get 40 people somewhere together, controlling your €16,000 budget and providing entertainment for the whole of Club Arnage.

Not really the "community" spirit we've come to expect is it!  Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:50:34 pm »

It's very selfish of you to keep people waiting.

Should I try and defend myself now? Embarrassed

Every site has it's positive and it's negative things, and I'm trying to find the best solution for both a secure pitch for all DfH'ers with easy access to the track, as well as a possibility for a Friday Party. No Beausejour, no Bleu Nord, no Houx Annex. I know we'll be okay eventually, but it does take a lot more effort this year! Angry

ps. our budget is significantly lower by the way, not even €10K Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:45 pm »

It sounds a bit like a shot in the dark, I cannot see us all joining forces and make a booking - like Mark says.

Latest news is now that Karting Nord -the only site that hasen't been released yet- will be under construction as well now, so they made up another excuse to release less tickets for that site as well. This basically means nobody will be track side anymore, and my guess is they will probably fill the pitches track side up with large tents for sponsors (so more money for the ACO).

I got the impression from the pictures that the construction at KN was only on the road that runs alongside it.

Is there a plan for grandstands at trackside in KN?

The fact you can camp next to the track is main reason I go to KN.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 01:50:06 pm »

this is my guess what's going on there Embarrassed
http://www.drinkingforholland.com/Paddy/bugattiadjustment.jpg

Drinking for Holland
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 02:00:35 pm »

Holy feck!

I hope you are wrong. That is exactly where I normally camp.

I may consider going Arnage or Mulsanne now......trouble is a like the walk into the village and Tetre Rouge.

Why ACO? Why are you doing this to us?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 03:40:21 pm »

The fact you can camp next to the track is main reason I go to KN.

Me too ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: