Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 01:12:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your best Accident  (Read 6561 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 09:25:39 pm »

Not so much an accident, more a mechanical failure but still pretty funny, although not at the time.

Back from Uni, holiday job van driving, weekend i thought i'd "borrow" my works P100 to go to Hull from Wokingham to get pick up my stuff. So set off nice and early to get here and back in the day. Been sat at 85-95 all morning, just 10 minutes from Hull so about 3 and a half hours in to the trip, at 85 in the fast lane overtaking, still going so empty van no weight in the back, the gearbox seized, rwd so teh back wheels locked instantly, the gearstick moved about a foot, popping the dash open into my face and onto my lap, the back started jumping around side to side, lots of wheel twirling and screaming like a girl, black smoke everywhere, strong odours from my arse, and i finally, somehow, bought it to the hard shoulder sort of pointing the right way with big stripes on the road as far as i could see, still shaking and weeping fluids, me and the van, phoned the RAC who turned up an hour later, then left again to get a flat bed, another hour or so i got winched onto said truck and taken to Leicester and unloaded, then waited for another truck who took me back home. Gutted, i hadn't got my stuff anf had to explain to the boss why their van was blown up outside hull on a saturday!!

Not to worry got a brand new transit out of it which was nice  Grin

Brushy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:26 pm »

Not my best but my most recent Embarrassed Launched my ZX9R on Saturday whilst on the Isle of Man on cold tyres and lost it Roll Eyes...........result RHS forked all riding gear forked 16 mates pissing themselves Roll Eyes for everything else theres mastercard Grin
fugitive4000
CA Veteran

Every Year Since '97

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 12:03:52 pm »

Sounds like a tempting fate topic to me...been lucky and not had too many accidents...many near misses, had a big one in a go kart a few years back, was in the middle of an endurance race over taking for third on a very fast right hander, I was on the outside when he decided to Schmacher me, kart spun a few times before meeting the tyres and my left hand side impacted the engine - bruised ribs hurt so much I couldn't get my race suit off without a lot of pain - got back on track to finish my stint though, caught him up a couple of laps later, he just finished his braking for the hairpin when I caught him, seems I'd forgotten about the braking bit, the impact slowed my kart so I could make the corner, his impact with the tyres ended his kart's race oh dear! - red mist great stuff! seem to recall the clerk of the course wasn't best pleased!

Road one was a near miss, in my old citroen BX I rounded a corner on a country lane a bit quick and found a queue of cars waiting for a milk tanker to back into a farmyard, hit the middle peddle and due to the momentum from the corner the car spun 360 degrees later I let go of the brake pedal, and somehow was on the wrong side of the road still going forward, so just shot past the queue of cars,  went half way up the opposite bank to squeeze passed the front of the tanker, and waved thanks to the driver in the first of the queue of cars coming the other way...the sakes started about 30 seconds later!!!

cheers! Adrian.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: