Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 11:59:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1046684 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: April 23, 2009, 11:33:29 pm »

Wow, that is a very classy Trabant extension...

>Martini...LB

Indeed, one would have thought it unique, but it seems to have been quite a popular pastime....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 23, 2009, 11:55:27 pm »

The good Mr Zarse appears to be truly unresponsive this year to pleas for resurrecting the Commer from her slumbers for this year's Le Mans http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=9530.0.  I seem to remember that he was particularly recalcitrant before finally deciding that she should go last year.  This year, he appears to have finally given up any semblance of commitment probably with a view to transporting himself there in some devilish rice-burner or something similar. 

So, although ignoring the title of the thread in terms of a truly relevant post, perhaps the time has come to use the thread as the opportunity to share examples of truly, truly, utterly crap cars that he should be cursed with, given that he has resorted to wanton abandonment of the magnificent Commer.  Shall we start with this one?

MG Mark

Mark, I guess the time has regrettably come to consider answering the question you posed in the first post of this now-beloved thread. I am afraid the date with destiny has arrived, and i can finally reveal that the answer of what will be the eponymous "Modern Replacement" is one of these;

I'm not saying she won't be back one day, but I gave her a once over the other week and my heart sank at the list of dirty filthy jobs that would need doing to make such a trip practicable.

So there's no going back this year, but let us see what the future holds. I lament the passing of an era, but really I can't be bothered to do anything about it compared to the airconned turbocharged economical comfort of the Merc.

Andy,

I take from this a small glimmer of hope that the list of jobs and condition is simply too much to contemplate in the time remaining before the annual jaunt to La Sarthe this year, and that you will return to her, at some point (in the not too distant future...) to reinstate her to some semblance of former glory.  The replacement is, at least, not a rice-burner, but for goodness sake, a Mercedes Jolly Bongo Surf Friendee Vito?  One of these would have been preferable...

In the meantime, I shall remember your mighty steed as she was, outside the front of the Mess at Marham, but as I can't find a picture of that (I know I've got it somewhere...), you'll have to make do with this instead......

I shall continue to post encouraging hints as to more acceptable modes of alternative transport until you return her to the road....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 24, 2009, 03:09:03 am »

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz........ Andy there should be enough room in there for atleast adouble bed. No standing head room and the kitchen sink will hve to stay home Smiley Smiley The lads will have to bunk on the ground like the me Grin
Mark glad to hear you intend to keep this entertaining thread.
Phil
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1938 on: April 24, 2009, 09:05:16 am »

Andy - as you have decide not to take the Commer this year and are now talking about a Mercedes Benz (was it the taste of style and comfort on your Virgin flight to Sebring this year I wonder?)

So what about something else, would also help you to blend in .

(on ebay now as well)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 24, 2009, 09:25:22 am »

The good Mr Zarse appears to be truly unresponsive this year to pleas for resurrecting the Commer from her k

I shall remember your mighty steed as she was, outside the front of the Mess at Marham, but as I can't find a picture of that (I know I've got it somewhere...),

You will find the picture on the July page of the 2008 CA calender

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:10 am »

The good Mr Zarse appears to be truly unresponsive this year to pleas for resurrecting the Commer from her k

I shall remember your mighty steed as she was, outside the front of the Mess at Marham, but as I can't find a picture of that (I know I've got it somewhere...),

You will find the picture on the July page of the 2008 CA calender

And here too. Halcyon days...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:33:43 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: April 24, 2009, 10:47:49 am »

Here's one with Alastair Sim at the wheel

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 24, 2009, 03:13:10 pm »

The very epitome of refinement and understated class

Andy, if  you are only leaving the lady behind because I'm doing Dover Boulogne this year (a natural cause of worry I realise) should I dart to Le Havre to await your arrival with the Small Green Tow Truck?

Actually I rather  think the old girl deserves a refurbishment and a rewakening for next year, maybe with a nice chunky Vauxhall Red Top power unit in place of the "Dear old Rooteses" one, Five speed Getrag gearbox too...

Mark I simply dont know how Steve and youself find those gems of fotograficallitty

A papier mache bodied Jitney, I love it.

Cool

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1943 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:16 pm »

Mark I simply dont know how Steve and youself find those gems of fotograficallitty

Bill, easy in my case as I took the photo.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 24, 2009, 05:58:49 pm »

I did mention to Jo that the Commer might be in need of a new home, and a light restoration.
At which point she reached over my shoulder and typed 'divorce lawyers' into Google.
I will take the hint.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 24, 2009, 07:24:19 pm »

How about we all turn up "Armish-like" tooled up with bucket, spade, derusting-filling, oiling type thingies and we resurect the Commer in a barnlike manner. accompanied by the quiet singing of slave songs, while in the background, our womenfolk prepaire the post commer resurection feast.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:46 pm »

Alternatively, there is this

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 25, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »

How about we all turn up "Armish-like" tooled up with bucket, spade, derusting-filling, oiling type thingies and we resurect the Commer in a barnlike manner. accompanied by the quiet singing of slave songs, while in the background, our womenfolk prepaire the post commer resurection feast.

Lois?
Gwyn?

whatever he's on, I need some

Grin

bill
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:09:41 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1948 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:26 am »

found on Ebay, see Andy - see yours is not that bad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMMER-WANDERER-CLASSIC-CAMPER-1973-HISTORIC-VEHICLE_W0QQitemZ110383348391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes?hash=item110383348391&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1949 on: May 29, 2009, 01:14:55 am »

Update - how is the old lady?

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: