Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 06:32:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To all members  (Read 9064 times)
rcutler
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:09:02 pm »

Guys and Gals,

I have noticed that many people are getting offended by others postings. The wealth and knowledge that many of those that have left (and sometimes come back) is invaluable to the reasons why this forum as become one of the best sports car forums in the world.

Can I suggest that when you are offended either:-

No longer read the thread.
Post a message to say you were offended and leave it at that.

A few times I have felt slightly offended by others postings but how many times has someone had a go at you in "a traffic jam", "a pub" , "at work" do you stop going there???

Please lets ignore the posts that offend as they are not usually meant that way and continue to provide a service.

Rick. (Not going anywhere yet.)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 08:13:46 pm »

Thanks Rick.  If we spot spam, can't we just report it to the moderators and have done?  This happened earlier today (with the real thing) and it was gone within half an hour.  Let that be the end of it.  Why do I find today's stuff so depressing?  As if it wasn't bad enough that it's winter and there's no racing to get excited about. I've found CA such a good antedote to the long winter nights and now it's just getting me down.
One rule I would recommend for the forum.  NO SULKING!  Are we all adolescents or what? Cry

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 09:08:40 pm »

Rick - I think it's good to point out that folks shouldn't get a strop on over a bloody website.  I also think that (within reason), this is an all-comers sight in terms of the general topics that are floated around as well as the comments, jousts and outright barrages at times.

I think those who take gross offence over the Internet have problems that go far beyond what's said on the site.  It's the INTERNET for Christ's sake.  And those who are concerned about children/adolescents reading subject matter - isn't it mommy and daddy's responsibility to see what they're looking at on-line, not everyone's participating on a forum?

With that said, you're all a bunch of ham-shankers!
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 10:27:53 pm »

well said dave H, a bit long perhaps, surely you mean, J Arthurs, Ravi. or Merchants?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 11:07:14 pm »

oh well, agreeing all the way - what else can I say Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:41:04 am »

I've found CA such a good antedote to the long winter nights and now it's just getting me down.
One rule I would recommend for the forum.  NO SULKING!  Are we all adolescents or what? Cry

Termie,

Hear Hear! Grin Grin Grin   And it's a great antidote to the odd boring day in the office, as well as distraction therapy for when there is something else that needs doing but that you don't want to get on with just yet.   By and large it is all v. good-natured, but just occasionally something goes awry, sometimes pretty much out of the blue.   

Please don't let it get you down - you have already made a great contribution to the forum, with on-site observations from La Sarthe, getting involved in the general chit-chat, setting up the events calendar, and wry observations on MrT - I for one welcome all of those because they brighten my day  Grin Grin Grin.   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:09:05 am »

Thanks for that Mark. Kiss

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 10:51:37 am »

COR!

Looks like you lot have had a right old to do!

I've been in Dublin for a couple of days, and all of a sudden, people are offended, sulking, moaning and hiding.

What the hell did I miss?Huh

Was it honestly that serious?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:57:48 am »

What the hell did I miss?Huh

Likewise for Smokie on return from his holiday Roll Eyes

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:16:20 am »

To be honest, no, not really!  That's what's so *ffin' ridiculous about the whole thing.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:27:43 am »

As mentioned elsewhere, at the end of the day (I hate that cliche) this is a motorsports forum for people sharing a common interest.

Yes, the topics do drift away from their core subject.
Yes, there is just a bit of mickey taking and rowdy banter.
Yes, people do sometimes (maybe through external pressures and stresses) get a bit belligerant and go a bit beyond the pail.

But, we are all (hopefully) mature, responsible, consensual adults and can, when the chips are down, take a bit of a knock and bounce back up to start another day fresh and revitalised.

We all visit this forum, not because we have to, but because we want to, and to exchange views and ideas with other like minded people.

Some people will be personally known to individuals, some forum members I wouldn't know from Adam, but still wholeheartedly welcome them onboard with their fresh views and comments.

Yes, we suffer from various SPAM postings.
Yes, some new members have very obvious SPAMming intentions from their sign up names.
The Moderators are notified automatically as soon as a new member has joined.  We also keep an eye on those new members that never authenticate their new accounts (because of spoof email addresses).
Many of you also 'report to moderator' (and a heart felt thanks for that) when a SPAM posting has been made.  These are all swiftly removed and the offending account neutered.
I think we are handling this well.

This forum does not, on the whole, suffer from trolling.  There has had to be very little Moderator intervention on that part.  I would like it to remain that way.
When individuals feel they need to leave, that is always a shame.  Hopefully, on reflection, they reverse their decision and re-emerge, refreshed and renewed as a butterfly from a cacoon.

Let's play fair and friendly to all - and enjoy ourselves.

Steve East Anglian cobras

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 11:41:55 am »

You're obviously not called a "moderator" for nothing Steve. Smiley

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 11:47:56 am »

I hope all you children will play nicely this coming weekend with both Steve and The Smoking One being away.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 11:50:30 am »

I hope all you children will play nicely this coming weekend with both Steve and The Smoking One being away.

Absolutely not!  I fully intend running amok .. well maybe just "walking fairly quickly amok", lets not get too carried away.

angel
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 11:55:03 am »

Well Steve will have the possibility to check from Paddy's office, so I would behave if I where you!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: