Club Arnage
May 19, 2024, 10:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who is having car trouble then  (Read 41808 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 09:33:46 am »

2004 - Elite 3.2 V6

Could also be something rolling around in the untidy boot, but I don't think so...
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 11:55:58 am »

2004 - Elite 3.2 V6

Could also be something rolling around in the untidy boot, but I don't think so...
have you joined vvoc? they maybe able to tell you if its a common fault and point you in the right direct - cracking for infomation  Smiley

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 01:14:30 pm »

Not yet. I'm a moderator on the forums at www.honestjohn.co.uk though, one of my fellow mods is a Vx fanatic. There's a pretty good tech section there which I would also try.

Not too worried about this problem yet anyway. Other fish to fry - still trying to argue back some of my £600 for the premature failure of power steering pump. Garage door broke last weekend, £140 parts. Have a claim in with Direct Line for a laptop which was alcohol damaged by daughter. Other daugther's Fiesta is in today for replacement rear shocks. Dislike my job, want to stop work. But wife's share options have lost over £40k of value in the last year (well, that's virtually ALL their value) = pack up work early fund blown.

Other than that, things are fine!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Will save the Veccy noises for a quieter (& cheaper) period...  Cool  Grin  Roll Eyes
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 01:31:22 pm »

Not yet. I'm a moderator on the forums at www.honestjohn.co.uk though, one of my fellow mods is a Vx fanatic. There's a pretty good tech section there which I would also try.

Not too worried about this problem yet anyway. Other fish to fry - still trying to argue back some of my £600 for the premature failure of power steering pump. Garage door broke last weekend, £140 parts. Have a claim in with Direct Line for a laptop which was alcohol damaged by daughter. Other daugther's Fiesta is in today for replacement rear shocks. Dislike my job, want to stop work. But wife's share options have lost over £40k of value in the last year (well, that's virtually ALL their value) = pack up work early fund blown.

Will save the Veccy noises for a quieter (& cheaper) period...  Cool  Grin  Roll Eyes

Ill check out honestjohn later as its blocked in work……….. I take it your daughter was on the alcohol hence its now broken? As for the fiesta how old is it? As for jobs – I took another position in my place of work as I wanted to do more work (was a quite dept where I did work) and now im literally sat doing NOTHING all day. I takes the piddle and I hate it! Frantically looking for a new job with more money as my wages are crap where I can do some work as I hate sitting here, feels like im taking the piddle but im not!!

Really bad news on the shares aswell Sad

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:47 pm »

car is dead yet again Sad

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 04:55:46 pm »

Mines just back from the garage,  quick oil and plugs, gearbox leak and a few other minor things sorted,  a decent run at the weekend will hopefully prove the old girl is fit and well for another trip to LM,  she's a '78 Aston V8 btw. Grin

Good luck with getting yours sorted Kev, time is running out!  Do you have a backup car/plan?

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 05:01:28 pm »

Mines just back from the garage,  quick oil and plugs, gearbox leak and a few other minor things sorted,  a decent run at the weekend will hopefully prove the old girl is fit and well for another trip to LM,  she's a '78 Aston V8 btw. Grin

Good luck with getting yours sorted Kev, time is running out!  Do you have a backup car/plan?
fantastic seeing the old Astons there Smiley

the same fault code has come up and the part should arrive today so fingers crossed i can fit it tomorrow Smiley

As for the Back up car - (My Mates Astra Coupe) front wheel bearings have just gone Sad so we dont have one  Roll Eyes

Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 05:19:59 pm »

My Cobra - still not finished the gearbox conversion - extremely unlikely that it'll even get to the Classic
Dick's TR6 (first alternate) - engine rebuild / rebore ongoing - no update recently.

Steve now that you have dropped the auto trans.
Are you ready to put a bigger cam in that Poncho ?

Randy, that would bring an even bigger smile to my face than the car already does.  The Tin Indian needs the compression raising a bit too.  I'm thinking nice roller rockers / lumpy cam / about 9.5 :1 compression with some re-worked heads.

Steve,
Rearrange this well known phrase or saying..

Blower percent 5 overdriven 6-71 Grin Grin

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 05:20:28 pm »

Sounds like you need a beer or 3 in a field in France Smokie.

Not long now Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »

Well I took delivery of a new Car yesterday.    So I've only had it 24 hours and I think it's a heap of Junk.
I made the mistake of listening to the Sales man.   "Oh the New Laguna is much better than the old one." he told me.

Well I'm here to tell you it's Not

The GPS is only the UK and not Europe.
The Bluetooth for the phone doesn't seem as good though I haven't really tried that yet.
The user interface to the GPS and Phone are even Worse than the last abysmal set up.
There is no Tyre Pressure Sensors.
The handbrake is now in a very awkward Place.  But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

I'm sure there will be more as Time goes on.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Dan
CA Veteran

Don P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 05:55:35 pm »

I was gonna take the Scooby but the ABS has packed up, some t**t smacked the mirror off and last week the power steering was louder than the sound system (which is saying something) So i'm hiring a car and probably burning it as well!

thank you the reverend ike
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:01 pm »

kev.......

Car bits arrived?, you were driving to work rather slow this morning Wink

Well mines had its oil changed...........an absolute bargain with the local BMW dealership in Chester Angry

New rear tyres to be fitted on Monday and I think a quick polish is in order before the off
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:47 pm »

kev.......

Well mines had its oil changed...........an absolute bargain with the local BMW dealership in Chester Angry

New rear tyres to be fitted on Monday and I think a quick polish is in order before the off
thats because the car is in limp home mode and drives like a bag of crap Sad plus i really didnt want to come in today!

Oil Change at BMW!!!! should of taken it somewhere else be cheaper!! im polishing the car tomorrow but thats on hold to fit the new sensor if the postie left it across the road with the neighbor's that is  Roll Eyes

Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 08:11:57 pm »

My ABS sensor arrived today so will fit it tomorrow all being well.
Kev, if all else fails my Astra will be doing nothing while I'm at Le Mans, so let me know if you're stuck.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44:11 pm »

kev.......

You mean they didn't give it a valet when they did the oil change?

Just got back my 30 year old Aston (delivered) back from Oselli after it's pre LM checkover and oil and plugs and its been washed and hoovered, even the tyres shine!

Keep your chin up Kev, I'm sure it will all work out for the best!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: