Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 04:41:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tetre Rouge banking  (Read 10046 times)
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 07:26:31 pm »

http://site.voila.fr/fdlm2/divers/lemans01.jpg

this shows the position of the new football ground.

This would explain why they have started to demolish the houses alongside the road.

Nordic, that is a pretty handy picture you've got, gives us a great arial shot of the area that's gonna be developed on.

Now all we need is to know whereabouts the tram stop is going to be & if it's going to encroach on the 2 fields commonly known as Houx Annexe!! Smiley
DJFish
CA Veteran

I've never been anywhere near a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 03:27:15 pm »

Well done for posting the aerial pic, you can see our campsite!!! Cheesy

Cheers
Dave
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 03:37:35 pm »

Nordic, that is a pretty handy picture you've got, gives us a great arial shot of the area that's gonna be developed on.

Now all we need is to know whereabouts the tram stop is going to be & if it's going to encroach on the 2 fields commonly known as Houx Annexe!! Smiley

would make sense if that was turned into a carpark for the stadium.  guess depnds who owns what land and compulsory purchase. 
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 03:45:49 pm »

would make sense if that was turned into a carpark for the stadium.  guess depnds who owns what land and compulsory purchase. 

Putting my optimists hat on, I'm guessing the field could remain as is, being used for camping for the 24 Hours and parking at other times.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 05:50:36 pm »

I think you could be right Steve. Even if they started the stadium this week it would be at least a 20 month build, or longer if multiplex are involved.

When its complete there should be no reason to tarmac over the Annexe unless its to be used as a park and ride car park for the tram system.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 08:35:06 pm »

What are they building on the outside of the circuit then? Seemed the tramline wound round a large construction site, what is it?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 08:43:37 pm »

Thats the southern tram depot.

Steve East Anglian cobras

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 10:58:27 am »

I can confirm, after a visit to the "maison du tram" yesterday that the Tertre Rouge (Stella) Bar will NOT  be demolished. Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 02:32:45 pm »

Was pleasantly surprised by the new banking and the views it gave.  Took a leisurely walk from the inside of Tertre Rouge to the Esses without having to step out of view of the track.

I still prefer the 'old' Esses before any of the recent (well I say recent, but its probably a long time since the first) changes were made to this part of the track...  cars going 'light' over the hump just after the Dunlop bridge, followed by a striaght run down to esses themselves with shaded viewing areas on the way down to and (at the right time of the day) at the corners.

Still not complaining viewing here now is vastly improved thanks to the construction of the banks.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 03:18:29 pm »

I still prefer the 'old' Esses before any of the recent (well I say recent, but its probably a long time since the first) changes were made to this part of the track...  cars going 'light' over the hump just after the Dunlop bridge, followed by a striaght run down to esses themselves with shaded viewing areas on the way down to and (at the right time of the day) at the corners.

That was always my favourite part of the circuit, as far asI  am concerned it has all gone downhill since they changed it

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 03:24:44 pm »

I agree Bob - not as good as it was, but beginning to improve again.

As for favourite parts of the circuit... for me it has to be the braking point for Arnage in the darkness of the night.  When I first started coming that was about 100m nearer to Indianapolis than it is these days but the effect is much the same.  Awesome!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 06:36:12 pm »

That was always my favourite part of the circuit, as far asI  am concerned it has all gone downhill since they changed it

Was my favorite place as well, early Sunday morning, walking from Terte Rouge up towards the esses.

Simple the best.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 12:15:38 pm »

As for favourite parts of the circuit... for me it has to be the braking point for Arnage in the darkness of the night.  When I first started coming that was about 100m nearer to Indianapolis than it is these days but the effect is much the same.  Awesome!

on the same sets of bends, my favourite always used to be Indy corner - on the old spectaor banking before it was removed a few years ago. 

then you could see the cars braking for the first left hander and they were so close.

there was no catching fencing between Indy and arnarge then, so it was quite magical at nigt just hanging over the fence with the cars just a few feet away.

those were the days also when you could jump over the spectator enclosure fencing into the woods and walk in direction Mulsanne from Indy corner. 

oops, starting to sound a bit like a Grumpy old man!
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 03:24:46 pm »

oops, starting to sound a bit like a Grumpy old man!

What do you mean 'starting'? Wink

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: