Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 07:41:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the top speed?  (Read 26528 times)
rcutler
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2004, 05:38:17 pm »

178 mph, just before 1st chicane on the Mulsanne.

Viper GT-R , last saturday night.

Just to get into the mood on my PS2!

Well If we are going to play like that then I went over Le Mans in a MD Blackbird at over Mach 3.  Shocked Grin
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2004, 05:39:33 pm »

Red - did you make it through the chicane clean, or doing a bit of hopping through the gravel trap? Smiley
BigSteve
CA Veteran

I AM A NUMBER!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2004, 07:49:01 pm »

Now children, your toys will be taken away if you don't play nice!!

Come on [shadow=red,left,300]T.W.A.T.S [/shadow] , we're all waiting for your secret to these feats.

I never touched it!!!!
rcutler
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2004, 07:52:51 pm »

Now children, your toys will be taken away if you don't play nice!!

Come on [shadow=red,left,300]T.W.A.T.S [/shadow] , we're all waiting for your secret to these feats.

See page one for the T.W.A.T.S posting.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2004, 08:56:22 pm »

The factory 300ZX's of the early/mid 90's couldn't top 190 on the straight, so this car will have to have been severely twaited to do it on the street...... can anyone else smell male bovine excrement?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2004, 09:04:37 pm »

Firstly, I want to make this point 100% clear, these are not figiures recorded down the Mulsanne straight, these are on the motorway somewhere in France on route to Le Mans (not to specific as I'm sure the French plods catch this info from someone!!!).

Secondly, we are just relaying our experiences, not trying to make up stories, what do we have to prove, as I'm sure most of the people who have met us or been overtaken by us will agree. We always have fun but try to do things a little different, and sometimes on a big or impressive scale.

As I was the said driver for the Audi's figures I can only give you the information I know as follows;

Audi A8 - 161mph was in an Audi A8 4.2 auto quattro LWB and she still had a little left in  her! there was no top speed restriction at 155mph, we were three up and all our luggage.

With regards the other he comes my best shot, but I will try and obtain some further information from the said parties

BMW M3 - convertible, not sure about any wheel upgrade, I think a fairly standard car. with regards the speed limiter at 155mph I do remember hearing something along the lines of, leave it in 5th until you get past 155 then change up! but believe me I was driving another Audi at the time about 145, and Justin came past me like a bat out of hell and nearly pushed me off the road with the air pressure from his car.

Porsche 911 - Carrera 4 again with Justin at the wheel, I was in the Audi A8 above at 160+ and guess what he flew past me again at a recorded 176-178 without any limiter involved.

Nissan 300zx - well I need to do some homework on this one, but Knocker is a mad jap man, and has spent a few quid looking after his jap imports. He reckons his scobby is the fastest one around here too. With regards the 300zx I don't know the full spec, but I do know he talks about it all the time. In 2002 when we took down a host of cars including the M3 (mentioned above), Audi,  Porsche's and a Ferrari, his 300zx was the fastest one there which we do have on video.

Shortly hopefully, we will be in a position on our web site to show you guys these impressive feats, as we have just purchased the required software/hardware to put our digital video on the web.

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2004, 09:17:54 pm »

here is another one for you to consider...

top speed reached on the channel tunnel train carraige when loading, 46mph in Vectra GSi

I could I've gone faster but the bloody toilets stick out and come up a bit quick at that speed before I needed to stop or hit the guy in front

but I expect some of you will dish this too

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2004, 09:32:29 pm »

We're just f**k*ng with ya President!
Audi and BMW have factory electronic road speed limiting software, which can be disabled by re-chipping the ECU. The factory max setting is 155mph. Your A8 unrestricted, but otherwise stock should be good for around 165mph. An unrestricted (current model) M3, otherwise stock isn't geared to do more than 160 or so, so your buddies car must be breathed-on and have a high ratio (more modest acceleration) gearbox.
The 996 sounds perfectly legit (Porsches have no factory road speed limiter), but unless it's a GT3 or Turbo, if it's factory, it's going absolutely flat-out.
The 300ZX - who knows? 5-600bhp Supras and Skylines are not unheard of - they're just horribly unreliable, from what I've heard. In the final analysis, who cares - you're right, have fun, live large - Shouldn't your badge read "T w a t t e d"? Sorry to nit-pick, but WTF does (phonetically) "Twaited" mean?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2004, 09:39:27 pm »

twaited or t w a t t e d it's all the same to us, we couldn't all agree on what to put, so we went with the first idea, seems to work though...and now this year it will be in big letters across the back of the BAM! Porsche for everyone else to see, plus we are bringing 10,000 stickers with us!
so look out Grin Grin

president
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2004, 09:43:54 pm »

just typed t w a t e d into google.com,

first entry was our web site,
third entry was http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twated

JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2004, 09:46:55 pm »

I was in the Carrera 4 and the speedo was reading 176mph which believe me, is bloody fast.

As for the Nissan, I was in an M Coupe doing 150 and Knocker went past us as if we were standing still.

I know its not big or clever but it's f...ing good fun

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2004, 10:04:05 pm »

After my AffairOf The Exploding Haemorrhoids, I reckon I sent a shiny one round the u-bend at at least 150, maybe 200mph, unfortunately I didn't have time to verify it with GPS. In hindsight I'm glad the piles gave way, I think just a few more psi may have unravelled my intestine.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
sarsons100
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2004, 10:28:43 pm »

ive done 207mph in a pagani zonda with my uncle on the isle of man Shocked. (does that count?Huh)  
sarsons100
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »

but on the way back from lemans my dad and his mate got 179mph in a porsche 911 turbo last year.   (and the have i on camera pointing to the speed)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2004, 10:36:56 pm »

Red - did you make it through the chicane clean, or doing a bit of hopping through the gravel trap? Smiley

No , the gravel gets me everytime.

Fastest on the way to Le mans last year -  150 (kmh),as I was having a bad day already and didn't want it to get worse.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: