Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 08:42:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche Fun at the 24 hrs.  (Read 11629 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »

You are missing one of the best sites if you ignore BN, and Camp C'Arnage.

+'s

5/6 minutes flat walk to the entry gate.
Security patrolling well into Sunday night and gate still manned 9 o'clock Monday morning.
Camping in large group discourages thieves, there's always some one around, it's to risky so they go elsewhere.
One instance of a mobile phone theft that I heard about at other end of the site, but probably lost while pissed.
Except for Friday night not that noisy, and at least you don't get techno pap, OAP's in caravans camping next to us for the fourth year running without any complaints.
Company of a large amount of CAer's.
Good mix of people, Brits, Dutch, French, Czech, a few Germans, but we know them!
Very easy to get in and out of, especially Friday and Sunday night

-'s

Could do with more showers and bogs, but not to bad if you pick your times.
Catches the wind, Tuesday putting up tent in 40mph gusting 50 was a challenge.
Can be dusty if dry.
You have to ignore the helicopters during race times, bit Apocalypse Now at times.
Lot of glass and nails around pitches after the Moto 24, but easily cleared, just avoid the burnt patches.

Perfect summary Barry. AFAIAC MB died as a viable site in 2008 when the first major changes occurred. They ripped the heart and soul out of the place. Other than being right by the track, I have no idea why people have persisted with it. I used to be a huge fan of HA, but BN is our home now and has many advantages, not least that you can be in MB in about a three minute walk.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 07:52:48 pm »

You are missing one of the best sites if you ignore BN, and Camp C'Arnage.

+'s

5/6 minutes flat walk to the entry gate.
Security patrolling well into Sunday night and gate still manned 9 o'clock Monday morning.
Camping in large group discourages thieves, there's always some one around, it's to risky so they go elsewhere.
One instance of a mobile phone theft that I heard about at other end of the site, but probably lost while pissed.
Except for Friday night not that noisy, and at least you don't get techno pap, OAP's in caravans camping next to us for the fourth year running without any complaints.
Company of a large amount of CAer's.
Good mix of people, Brits, Dutch, French, Czech, a few Germans, but we know them!
Very easy to get in and out of, especially Friday and Sunday night

-'s

Could do with more showers and bogs, but not to bad if you pick your times.
Catches the wind, Tuesday putting up tent in 40mph gusting 50 was a challenge.
Can be dusty if dry.
You have to ignore the helicopters during race times, bit Apocalypse Now at times.
Lot of glass and nails around pitches after the Moto 24, but easily cleared, just avoid the burnt patches.

Perfect summary Barry. AFAIAC MB died as a viable site in 2008 when the first major changes occurred. They ripped the heart and soul out of the place. Other than being right by the track, I have no idea why people have persisted with it. I used to be a huge fan of HA, but BN is our home now and has many advantages, not least that you can be in MB in about a three minute walk.

Ditto +1 for BN, we've been there for about the last 7 or 8 years after Karting Nord disappeared, and have seen the emascualtion of MB since.  Plus relatively easy/quick access to Arnage corner and village and elsewhere from there.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 03:48:38 am »

I fear BN will be taken over by 1st tickets or what ever their name is.( Stalag Luft III) which grows larger every year. Dividing the site . While we have been very happy with our spots for the last few years the Liverpool Boys among others did not get what they wanted (ie 10 spots together).
Phil
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:35 am »

How times change!!!

I remember back in the day when I was the only CAer on BN and no-one else rated it at all!  Glad to see that where I lead others will follow......eventually.

Grin

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 08:51:55 am »

I didn't think that Stalag Luft III looked any bigger than last year, or the year before that.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 12:08:01 pm »

Can anyone help me understand what the compound was or offered?

It looked to me to be a site within a site. Presumably this offered added security, I guess with its own facilities.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 01:52:56 pm »

Can anyone help me understand what the compound was or offered?

It looked to me to be a site within a site. Presumably this offered added security, I guess with its own facilities.

Aricus
Its a secure compound, with security, its own bogs and showers, and a Marquee with a bar and big TV.  Probably a bit more

So if you want to travel light, don't want to clean vomit off your new Porsche, have stuff nicked or worry about where the next cold one's coming from, its appealing.  I hate to use the word, but its almost glamping.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 05:10:41 pm »

As long as you are a sardine. Have you seen how many they cram in there?
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 05:14:42 pm »

I agree with Barry, the FT/PH compound (we called it Stalagluft Pistandbroke) wasn't any bigger than two years ago and this time they actually allowed for a path round it at the bottom end as well as along the road

Made it better overall, that did

It would be good if TL managed to get us camping on the eastern side but it really wasnt too bad over there on the western bloc and we Messy Houx Annexers were not too badly served

We had both blocks of bogs/showers on OUR side this time  Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 09:57:07 pm »

I agree with Barry, the FT/PH compound (we called it Stalagluft Pistandbroke) wasn't any bigger than two years ago and this time they actually allowed for a path round it at the bottom end as well as along the road

Made it better overall, that did

It would be good if TL managed to get us camping on the eastern side but it really wasnt too bad over there on the western bloc and we Messy Houx Annexers were not too badly served

We had both blocks of bogs/showers on OUR side this time  Wink

I never understood why the compound hasn't been swung around 90 deg so that it backs on the the airport fence with the bogs / showers across the front, it would be so much better for all. I got 3 really good showers hot with good pressure, but it was at 5.45am  and no other idiots were up a that time, this is cos that's what time my body demanded I get up, then back for a couple of hours of relax and kip until the rest of the chaps woke up!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:58:52 pm by Snoring Rhino » Logged
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 11:04:29 am »

Morning all!

Having stayed with the others on BN this year, as we have for a number of years, it was a good crowd to be with/around.
Showers on BN weren't that bad this year - but they DO need to provide more showers and bogs. I did have to queue on Sat morning for the shower, but that was only due to Fri night's excesses. Water was hot and a good pressure.
(I didn't bother treckign to the track to use the - surprisingly reduced - facilities in the ACO building)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »

Showers on BN weren't that bad this year - but they DO need to provide more showers and bogs.

Pity those of us who've stayed on Beausejour. The ratio of showers/toilet blocks to the number of campers is unhealthily low.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: