Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 09:58:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans accommodation  (Read 9375 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »

After 20 years of camping around the circuit my ageing frame is protesting at the thought of another weekend under canvas next June. The thorough drenching at this year's Silverstone Classic has made me (and my wife) question my sanity.
Booking.com has the nearest available hotel accommodation about 12 miles from the circuit for the LM weekend next year.
Does anyone have an inside line on a reasonably priced hotel or b&b in the town or near the circuit?

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:42 am »

Steve, there's a good chance that all the good 'secret' places have been booked up already.

Steve East Anglian cobras

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »

Steve,

We always seem to end up eating at this place on a Thursday lunchtime and we've often said that it would be a great place to stay.  Park the car at the back and cycle over to the circuit.

No idea what it's like or whether they have rooms available but if you do get a room booked then we'll join you downstairs for a pint.

Paul

http://www.hotel-restaurant-lavieillecloche.fr/#3

Crouch..........bind..........set
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »

Try this on Booking.com

Appart’City Le Mans Novaxis

Seem to have rooms available (I searched 12th June to 20th June)

Maybe basic, but dry!

Not cheap though - but where else IS THERE in Le Mans that will be cheaper..................
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:08:57 pm by clkgtrlm1 » Logged

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:17:59 pm »

One thing to take account of (having done it one year) is that if you are away from the circuit and depending on how you're goimg to travel in, you can waste an enormous amount of time jyst gettkng in and out of the circuit. The year we did that, I think we spent about a quarter of the time  we normally spend at the circuit. Was bloody awful. Instead buy a decent camp bed. Or a caravan. Or a motorhome

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:43:52 am »

I'm guessing the impending return of Ford might have something to do with the apparent early rush for accommodation and ferry bookings.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 11:30:00 pm »

Every year my dad parks up and travels home for s few hours to return in the morning s few hours later. Bit awkward with roads closed etc but suits him as they live about half hour from the track. Getting to and from the track will be a pain.

If it's in lemans the tram is best others wise allow for travel times

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 07:33:28 am »

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm going to try that small hotel Paul - looks decent.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 01:58:46 pm »

Just my views buddy...  Cool

Most of the people I know who have tried this have said it was an utter disaster. Hours spent in traffic (one said it once took him four hours to get from the hotel to the tribune on race day and he missed the start), no drinking during the race (in fact have you thought when will you be able to drink, and who with?), and then where will you eat? (surely not at the circuit, the food is grim and overpriced by a factor of five, and man cannot live on Monster Munch alone).

Personally I would be lying in bed alone each night, sobbing like Billy No Mates. Little hotels in France are generally grim, so I can't help imagining you'd be in a crappy box of a room with a bare light bulb and stains on the mattress which make you think someone had topped themselves and lain undiscovered for a few days. Certainly I'd be wondering what high jinks my pals were getting up to back at the hub. So I can't help thinking you'd miss the party atmos?

I reckon MG mark is right. You'd be better off getting hold of a caravan. Modern ones are excellent, with proper domestic style beds, showers and toilets. IIRC there used to be a firm in Normandy who rented them out for about Eu300 a week...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:01:11 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »

.....I reckon MG mark is right. You'd be better off getting hold of a caravan.....
I'm ahead of you there.  And don't forget the fridge and gas stove (for pizza, garlic bread and sausage rolls) Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:31:02 pm »

And imagine Friday night, on BN chez Brethren, remaining sober to be able to drive back to the hotel. Doesn't even bear thinking about....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:56 am »

And imagine Friday night, on BN chez Brethren, remaining sober to be able to drive back to the hotel. Doesn't even bear thinking about....

MG Mark

Doesn't even bear thinking about....     Nuf Said
Phil
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm going to try that small hotel Paul - looks decent.

Any luck, Steve?

Crouch..........bind..........set
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »

Bugger it - I'll camp!

lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 06:58:00 pm »

Your choice, but I know of several places not far from the circuit who do B&B, plus there is a little hotel recently rebuilt at Ruaudin. I've already booked a couple of the B&B's for the race for friends for the Classic, but not fully for the main race. Contact me if you are interested. Lovely place, very private, little lake, locked gates for security, and you'll need a word or two of French to converse. It'll cost you 70€ per night, but it is class, and might save the marriage!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: