Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 11:23:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beausjour info  (Read 7317 times)
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2005, 12:45:23 am »

Spotted a ad on Ebay for a Beausjour ticket.....the description says this...

The great thing about Beausejour (aside from having showers) is that it allows you easy access to so much of the circuit. The corners of Arnage and Indianapolis (arguably the best spectator points, as they are the slowest points on the track and you can get so close) are approx 10 minutes away on foot. Beausejour is also just inside the Porsche curves and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence. The village of Arnage is a short walk with its bars and hypermarket. Cunningly, there is also a shortcut from the edge of the site through the inside of the circuit to the area in the middle of the track known as the village. This means you don't have to fight your way through the main entrance and the back of the grandstands. It is also worth noting that Beausejour is a flat grassy site unlike most of the others which either suffer from being very dusty, having concrete areas (not great if you are trying to pitch a tent), or uneven surfaces that can damage cars.

"Cunningly, there is also a shortcut from the edge of the site through the inside of the circuit to the area in the middle of the track known as the village."  .........can anyone elaborate on this 'shortcut'??...and wat village is this?? cheers.
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:30:53 am »

It don't sound that much like the BJ that we stayed on  Wink  Porsche curves yes, OK,  short walk to Arnage village f**king long walk to Arnage village.
   Flat and in places grassy, OK Wink but dusty as a dusty thing, couldn't see out the w/screen of my 'van afetr one day Shocked

As for the "short cut"  oh sure, past all the other closer c/sites.  

But the toilet facilities were always clean and even smelt decent, unlike some we walked near on our way through the "short cut" and the company was good too,  we'll use it again next year, can't make this year  Cry Cry Cry  will find a bar that's showing it somehow mind  Wink  and will be flying the flag  Wink Grin
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:49:53 am »

The village of Arnage is a short walk

Hate to think what their idea of a long walk is.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 12:11:43 pm »

And the most stupid statement is " Beausejour is also just inside the Porsche curves and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence"

That's like saying  "the viewing at Tertre Rouge is also just at Tetre Rouge and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence".

I woudn't expect to be able to see the Porsche curves from the other end of the track!!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 01:32:01 pm »

And the most stupid statement is " Beausejour is also just inside the Porsche curves and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence"

That's like saying  "the viewing at Tertre Rouge is also just at Tetre Rouge and is the only place you can watch the cars going through this sequence".

I woudn't expect to be able to see the Porsche curves from the other end of the track!!!

I've not been on the site, but I don't think you can see the Porsche Curves from BSJ either, you have to leave the site and go to the Porsche Curves viewing area don't you??
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 01:32:53 pm »

The corners of Arnage and Indianapolis (arguably the best spectator points, as they are the slowest points on the track and you can get so close) are approx 10 minutes away on foot.
From the Beausejour entrance to the top of the hill at Porsche is a fair 10 minute walk, if you don't get run off your socks by a Catheram that is.
Walking to the village could be recomended by a group like the Weightwatchers, but I think you might as well not bother at all to do your shopping on foot. By the time you're back at the camping site the milk and BBQ meat have gone off, and the water will be hot enough to have a cupper Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 02:12:21 pm »

I've not been on the site, but I don't think you can see the Porsche Curves from BSJ either, you have to leave the site and go to the Porsche Curves viewing area don't you??
This is the new view from Beausejour to the Porsche Curves>>

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 05:38:59 pm »

Is that the new pit garages?  Smiley
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 06:03:20 pm »

Nope, that replaced the earthy bump from last year on which we watched practise on Wednesday and Thursday. Completely fenced off by the way, you can forget all about climbing on top of one to try and catch a glimps of the cars.
Probably pretty well protected by the local enforcement aswell Angry

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 08:46:00 pm »

I hope those allotments have got a few more lettuces, spring onions n tomatoes by the time we go there scrumping in June.   Cool

F
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 12:11:49 am »

Excellent, Fran is in charge of the salad. All we have to worry about now is the alcohol and red meat!!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 05:16:03 pm »

Any chickens in the allotments?

Steve East Anglian cobras

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 04:57:00 am »

Can someone tell them to plant lots of Carrots. Powermite likes to feed the donkey.
Canada Phil
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 01:13:23 pm »

Last year on the Sunday before the race, Beausjour was the only campsite open, (and hence useful for a stopover)and it was full of Pikies.  Somehow they were moved off, probably by the police in exactly the same way it doesn't happen over here

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 01:15:22 pm »

Get some work done you lot!

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: