Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 11:44:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring '11: Who's in?  (Read 34346 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »

Turn 10 always has the Lee's infamous slide show on the friday night and Woolly (brethren) is going to be there this year. You could go to www.sebringfans.com and log on and get in touch with the amazing randy, I am sure he can set you up with a tent, matras and sleeping bag. Or I could ask Clay to bring my tent, which you could use for the duration of your stay.

Thanks for this Cheesy

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

No probs, have fun!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »

you will enjoy it!!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 05:53:39 am »

Hi Werner,
                Bed & Breakfast always available at CA Division of Camp Pidgeon.
In the infield behind the concession stands. beside Security compound.
You have my Cell# stay in touch.
 Phil

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 06:33:39 am »

All advice is good so far, except the slideshow will probably be done by 10 pm, but other partying will still be going on around Turn 10 though at 10 pm. As Phil said, you will also be more than welcome at Team Pidge if you want a quieter area to sleep for the night.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 08:28:41 am »

Chris.............had no problems sleeping at Turn 10....you just driknk lots, sit/fall down and l into a deep sleep.......just ask Neil as he is an expert on the subject!!! Grin

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 09:21:28 am »

Instant narcoleptic, for Chris, just add Jim Bean, for Neill, just add beer Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »

I would be quite happy to help any stragglers/latecomers, if I can.
I will be fairly non-functional by Friday pm - but my daughter is driving to the track from Orlando on Friday evening, so could be persuaded to help out, if needed.
I also have a ton of camping gear for use by huddled masses from the colonies - just shout up.
The Thursday is St Paddy's and one of our gang's birthday, so we are going to be hitting the black stuff harder than usual this year.
I have 300 cans of it in my garage right now with another 100 on order. We are hoping this will suffice.
So, Bob, Andrew, Werner or any other takers - let us know, we love having you over here for the spring races!!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 12:49:04 am »

Matt,
I may well be up for a beer and a meal at Fish on Fire if you fancy it on Tuesday night, before i head down to Sebring. Let me know if you are up for it. Get into MCO at 15.10 and will be around 5pm by the time I get out the airport probably.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 05:49:08 pm »

Stay focused Chris, the Fish on Fire took it a bit to literally last year, and burned down. As far as I know, it hasn't reopened yet.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »

Keep up in the back Marius, it should reopen shortly, or has reopened as far as I heard!

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »

What I saw, and just checked, is that ther is a "solid rumour" it will reopen before St. Paddy, so it's not reopened yet!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »

I rode my bike over to the FoF last night and owner Jay was there directing exterior painting. They are very nearly ready to re-open, but he doesn't think it will be before St Paddy's.
For a local tipple, I've been using the Showboat Pub on McCoy Road - walking distance from my home. It's a very basic biker-style bar, with no liquor license, so just domestic beer and wine - no food - other than pizza and hot dogs. This has been a long year without blackened grouper sandwiches and great chicken wings - i can't wait for the FoF to re-open.
Chris - I don't get home from a work trip until Tuesday night, so I'll have to pass, I'm afraid.
I'm heading down to the track, 1st thing on Wednesday morning to drop our RV off and get the bar equipped, then back to O'town to pick up two members of our crew (Ricardo and Nick) who're flying in from Gatwick.
If there are going to be any late arrivals, we are more than happy to help with logistics - let us know...

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »

The Showboat Pub, oh dear...
Have several very blurry memories of that fine drinking establishment.  Its only for the sophisticated drinker Wink
Yikes!
Fax
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

Hey John!
It's had a couple of changes of management since you last visited, including one who had a gun-fight inside the bar with a couple of unruly patrons, one of whom didn't survive. It's somewhat less dangerous these days - but still reassuringly skanky.
What is your Sebring plan? I ask, because it would be no trouble to take an extra tent, air-beds etc and establish if for you if that makes things easier. We are making a bit of a production of it this time and Seth and I will be setting our gear up on the Wednesday. It would not be a problem to factor you and Kirsten into the grand plan.
Dave and Alex were going to drive down on the Thursday - sounds like Wednesday night now.
This is shaping up to be the best yet - really looking forward to seeing you in just a few weeks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: