Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 05:55:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED: MB/Houx/Annexe Ticket or WHY?!  (Read 4882 times)
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2005, 01:40:02 am »

Hello all, i am looking for a alternative ticket (MB/Houx/Houx Annexe or maybe something else!?) to my existing Beausjour ticket as recommended by a few regulars on here! Please let me know if you have something for sale, we need to accomodate a motorhome.

Thanks
Ben
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 01:47:48 am by smuudge » Logged
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:10:43 pm »

Hmm, not sure about the motorhome being allowed, but if it is, TonyT has a thread going trying to offload a Musee ticket. A motorhome in Musee should be ideal as you can lock the bugger up.

Might be worth you while seeing this link

Click Here

And having a chat.
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 12:11:30 pm »

When you say 'lock the bugger up' do you mean we should be worrying about 'breaking and entering!?'  Huh
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 12:22:45 pm »

I have never actually camped there myself, but I gather parts of it are rather open to the general public as a walkthrough. Whilst I would suspect that if it is busy, there should be no real problems, the fact that you can lock a motorhome would make it far more secure than a tent. Added to this the fact that if your motorhome has toilet facilities, then you should be laughing.

There is a bit more info about the various campsites on Beermountains excellent site Click Here for Camping Guide

I should also add, that whilst camping my group have had our tents turned over in Maison Blanche, and the group next to us were once done in Houx as well, so it is something liable to happen in any site. Always keep your valuables locked in a vehicle, and some spare clothes. The little toerags will nick almost anything including food, cooking utensils, clothes and of course alcohol  Angry
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 02:19:59 pm »

I’ve been staying in Musee for many years. Being one side of the Dunlop Bridge, it does get many passing traffic and we always camp away from this area. It is an elevated position with a great view over Hous Annex. Toilets and showers are a short walk (2 mins).

Like most campsites around the circuit, it’s busy, very noisy with lots of people. If you are not there by Thursday it can be difficult to find a decent spot.

We’ll see what impact the new tunnels have this year but as far as location is concerned, I can’t see why I would want to stay at other campsite.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 03:10:50 pm »

I should also add, that whilst camping my group have had our tents turned over...

IMO this is one good reason to "group together" for camping - usually there will be someone around at your camp most of the time which will act as a deterrent.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 03:24:46 pm »

There were actually 16 of us when this happened. It was done sometime on Saturday between when the last lot left for the start of the race (about 2.30) and the first lot returned to camp (about 6.30), it turned out that a whole stretch of tents had been done. Not much we could have done about that, other than for somebody to miss the start  Angry
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 10:21:16 pm »

Not much we could have done about that, other than for somebody to miss the start  Angry

Hence why we take two people with us who have no interest in the race whatsoever so they gurad the camp at the start and finish of the race. Similarly, we have a couple of guys who are into the racing, but not interested in the funfair or high jinks so they cover the site at those times. We then have a group who normally sit up watching imported DVD's until the small hours. So far we have bene lucky that we've not had any problems. But thenw e also have security!!  Have you met Rotty??  Wink
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 04:26:34 pm »

right ive made my mind up, im taking the poodle... Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: