Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 04:09:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting ready  (Read 9651 times)
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2004, 10:06:23 pm »

Thought I would take advantage of the good weather today to water proof and decal up the gazzebo, so off I went to our local camping shop for said proofing total cost of visit £138, this adds up to 3 tins of proofing £18, and a new tent £120. My ears are still ringing from the reply I got from her indoors on my return,

Thats three tents you have bought in as many years.

They just don't understand us do they. Thought I may take all three just in case Stu has another few mishaps this year !
Brian.  Cool

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 11:10:07 pm »

Brian

I guess for the past three years you have camped next to Gulp Team Racing.

The last time we camped next to Rich and the guys they nearly destroyed my tent and "The Shed".......only due to me being extremely pissed and encouraging them to let off their "small puny FIREWORKS"..........NOT!"!!!!

WARNING.........If GULP TEAM RACING are next to you .........you will need to have a GOVENMENT HEALTH WARNING to camp next to them.

Wishy

By the way....Where are you this year Rich?

Wishy
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 11:39:49 pm »

Hi Brian, I was out shopping for a new tent too. I am looking for a waterproof one to replace my French Chatau. Smokie was in residence  in said tent when the semi- huricane came through Sebring in 2003 and it just  never recovered.
Canada Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 11:59:36 pm »

Phil - can lend you a tent if you want (didn't you borrow it last year?). Probably still covered with make up - from my daughters, not you!

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 12:03:40 am »

Hi Phil, found that my age combined with the drink did not suit the small two man job that I bought last year, so have bought one that I can stand up in, so that I can check the old gyro before making my entrance into the outer sanctum of the camp site.
Take care.
brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 07:10:48 pm »

Top tip- Argos do a great camping bed for £8.50, bought some last year, and so much better than the ground - noproblems with rocks in the middle of the sleeping area and nivce and cool etc etc, Canvas with a steel frame (a bit heavy) but will take my relaxed body builders weight.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 08:59:01 pm »

We added the last touches to the trailer yesterday, including some MORE stickers.......

Unfortunatly Wookies missus wants to know where all the house-keeping has gone !!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Take life by the horns and live it.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 10:57:46 pm »

Hi Phil, found that my age combined with the drink did not suit the small two man job that I bought last year, so have bought one that I can stand up in, so that I can check the old gyro before making my entrance into the outer sanctum of the camp site.
Take care.
brian.

Yes I bought 3 tents in 3 years until I realised that what I needed was one I could stand up in,  So thats what I bought.  This year will be its third season, and it really came into its own in 2002 when it rained so much.

Its so nice being aboe to get dressed etc without worrying about touching the sides of the tent.  Mind you it doesn;t half flex in strong winds!
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 12:28:52 am »

Glad to hear that I may have made the right choice then Chris, what really did it for me last year was trying to get dressed on an ustable air bed that made the gyro go right off the stable scale then having to crawl out onto the wet grass. Glad to say that I missed the wet year, saw the video it was horrible weather lets hope that it will not repeat itself this year, if the race week is anything like the weather we had at PQ, pack the lotion and plenty of after sun.
Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 10:02:25 am »

Thought I would take advantage of the good weather today to water proof and decal up the gazzebo,

Brian, have you got insider info that it's going to piss down for race week?  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 12:22:24 pm »

Thought I would take advantage of the good weather today to water proof and decal up the gazzebo,

Brian, have you got insider info that it's going to piss down for race week?  Cry

Steve, the answer ref weather is no I don't, but last year we had a little rain and it pi55ed in through the gazebo,, better safe than sorry as we do not want our visitors to get drenched if it does rain apart from Paula and Jayne that is, what a thought in those tight med t shirts..
The days are ticking by nicely.
Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 12:34:32 pm »

Whats wrong with you guy's getting prepped already??? I leave it to the last moment{despite having all the best intentions to be ready} hence the mess at camp Albert. i'm keen on getting one of those solar shower type thingymejigs, supermarket at arnage I believe,
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 12:39:18 pm »

Sav, there is a thread on here were Andy states they are available from the army and navy stores. As for leaving everything to the last minute be at Pompey by 0700 or we leave without you.
Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 12:51:56 pm »

Sav, have you sorted your car parking issues / worries ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 01:00:22 pm »

Airbeds, camp beds not for me , much prefer a foam mat

as I've never been able to fall of it.

However I have softened somewhat this year as I bought a travel pillow!

I may even take some other luxuries such as soap & a towel.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: