Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 12:01:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Food and Drink Prices  (Read 14741 times)
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2014, 03:25:26 pm »

Did anyone think that the food prices in the circuit where even more outrageous this year than previous years?  Certainly in our group we seemed to decide that food prices had been pushed up too far this year and didn't eat within the circuit at all, and between the 6 of us only bought 2 beers in the circuit!

So were we misers or are there others who felt the same?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:20:13 pm »

Prices on the circuit are ludicrous with 500ml beers at 9 euros. Thats the best part of 9 quid ffs! At one point I bought a can of coke and thought "3 euros, thats cheap". Is it bollocks! Ive spent an absolute fotune this year just on sustenance. Email to the ACO on its way.

I tested negative for patience.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:33:54 pm »

Yes, I thought they were very steep too.

I only bought one beer trackside all weekend and two hot dogs.

I was a bit stunned by the London Bus charging €15 for fish and chips. They didn't look like they had many takers when I went past.

I'm just too old and too tight to spend top dollar on  ottom end food so you can tend to spot me trackside as the rucksack that I'm carrying has a baguette or two sticking out, and the great odour of stinky French cheese as we pass.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:28:12 pm »

I wasn't stunned by the prices of the fish and chips.  However thats because I had already seen the Paella priced at 16 euros!  As most of our party arrived on Friday on the way over to the circuit on Saturday we had a minor sweepstake on the price of Fish and Chips I went for 16 euros, highest other suggestion was 10 euros!

I think some of the stuff in the fairground area might have been marginally cheaper, and there were big queues for the food and drink stalls at some times but I guess thats in part because there is no other choice.

However my only expenditure was for one beer, and I got 2014 mug at first and only attempt!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »

might it have to do with the site asking more for actually being there selling your merchandise? i.e. there was less funfare again this year as well...no ghosthouse, no spinride...
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:43 am »

Not surprised to be honest, prices have crept up over the last few years as far as I am concerned. I did not go this year, decided to have a year off, but will be back next year. I thought the burgers and bacon baps by some of the British companies last year was poor quality and massively over priced. They were situated just outside Blu Nord.

A friend of a friend was at Le Mans a few years back, he has his own mobile catering. He did not take the option of going back, as the profit was only about £12K for the weekend. Apparently it was n't worth the effort.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »

500 ml beer on draft was 5 euros in the ACO stand / members areas.  Food prices were reasonable too.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »

I noticed that Fish n Chips on sale from the converted Routemaster in the old funfair was 15 quid. Extortionate price, but there was always a queue when I walked past. Can't blame the vendor,. If someone was prepared to pay me £15 for fish n chips I'd sure as hell take it. I didn't think the beer on circuit too pricy, it was cold draft and was on a par with pub prices here. Simple answer, at Le Mans or any event worldwide, if you don't like the price don't pay it.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 02:39:10 pm »

4 x Guinness plus 3 x Kronencrap was €52 [£41.55] in the Guinness Bar.

That's almost £6/pint including those plastic cups.

Cry Cry Cry

Crouch..........bind..........set
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:37:11 pm »

500 ml beer on draft was 5 euros in the ACO stand / members areas.  Food prices were reasonable too.

They should have mentioned that in their efforts to get us all to sign up as members of the ACO!  I noticed that in the retail units all the price tickets showed the prices for ACO members as well as non-members, and there were several booths promoting ACO membership.

As regards those saying £6 a pint is the same as UK prices I'd be interested to know where you are buying your pints.  Even in the City of London I flinch when paying £5.50 a pint for Peroni.

However I agree you can vote with your feet and not pay the prices, which is exactly what I did!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:49 pm »

I bought two pints at the Guinness bar (one for me, one for Brad) and it was Eu14, and Brad bought me a coffee at the Esses at about 3am. That was the extent of our group's trackside catering purchases. The prices put me off, and IMO there were very few big queues to be seen at any of the stalls.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

Hi all,

I'll put some examples of the 2014 prices in next year's CA guide - so especially the newbies know what to expect. Since I never bought anything at the track this year I need to know from those who did - so we are accurate. Up to now I've learned from this thread:

Drinks:
0.5 ltr. draft beer: 9.00 € (Question: Do you have to pay deposit for the plastic mugs? If so, how much?)
0.33 ltr can Coke: 3.00 €
0.5 ltr draft beer in A.C.O. member enclosures: 5.00 €
0.56 ltr (1 Pint) draft Guinness at the Guinness bar: 7.00 € (deposit for the mug?)

Food
Fish & Chips: 15.00 €
Paella: 16.00 €

Any other examples?

Best

Werner
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:47:29 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 02:49:14 pm »

Why buy the overpriced shite they sell around the circuit when there are supermarkets nearby selling produce that makes UK supermarkets look like 1980's Russia? You can fill a trolley to the top with tasty treats and enough beer to sink a Yorkshireman for the price of a round of drinks trackside. Always enjoy a more varied diet whilst in France.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:07 pm »

On the Friday I had a fantastic meal in Le Man old town and it was 56 Euro.

Saturday I bought -

2 x apparently chicken kebabs
1 x Portion of Chips
1 x Beer
1 x White Coffee
1 x Bottle of water (which I forgot to get!)

49 Euros...............

I nearly had a heart attack, It was 10,50 Euros for a bottle of water for a beer and bottle of water!!!  Shocked

You did get a euro back for giving the beer cup back but still!! (at least they where mostly 2014 cups unlike last year!)

Friday nearly all the food / beer tents where shut and it was all the same food at every single one again this year. Shame they removed the steak on baguettes this year as we where looking forward to them!

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

The new food stall beside the entrance to BN camping bit (next to the showers) I thought wasn't to bad for prices with kebab and chips at €6. Not cheap but for the place not bad. I didn't partake as we had mountains of food and beer about 100yds away  Grin. We did though fill a massive tray with chips for €20 to feed 14 people avec steaks with a load being binned. I thought the supermarket prices had increased this year, nearly €80 for 4 legs of lamb being particularly memorable although nice.

* 2014-06-12 18.22.43 (Custom).jpg (138.05 KB, 720x406 - viewed 367 times.)

* 2014-06-12 08.23.27 (Custom).jpg (89.13 KB, 720x406 - viewed 452 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: