Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 12:14:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 CLASSIC - getting excited now...  (Read 18288 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2014, 04:14:20 am »

Martini...LB has just messaged me.

It's hot work pitching the tent on MB so he's having a cold one to refresh and will carry on with set up duties later  Smiley

Martini Have a Pastis for me Smiley
Phil
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2014, 06:20:34 am »

I'm off to the classic now Cheesy

Let's hope the weather forecast is wrong...

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2014, 12:15:28 am »

Hope all of you who are going have a great time. I think Club C'Arnage is mustering in Hamble Le Rice.
Baloo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »

Hi.. Tony and Jock are at the Classic and will be Blogging and Twitting on a slightly random basis.. Le Grand Fromage is safely tucked up in sunny Chesterfield so we are in a bit of a technical wilderness so we apologise in advance for c*ck ups and errors.. but we will learn! If it is any consolation the weather today ( Saturday) is not good..
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

This is the Club Arnage Twitter feed link.

https://twitter.com/ClubArnage @ClubArnage #LMCLASSIC

BTW Baloo, I'm in cold and soggy Scotland this week.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:38:38 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2014, 10:16:09 am »

It  looks very wet!  I hope all survived the night without SCUBA gear.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2014, 02:38:02 pm »

No kidding!

http://clubarnage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/apres-le-deluge.html

It  looks very wet!  I hope all survived the night without SCUBA gear.

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

Bonjour mes amis...

Well what a strange time at Le Mans Classic.
Got to France on Wednesday and stayed in Le Mans, ate out as I was staying in a Premiere Classe Hotel, had probably the worst steak every but did not complain?... well the taste was ok but a lot of sinew. Really bad nights sleep - so hot.

Turned up for 10am at MB, the opening time, to find probably 20 tents already pitched. I had to put the tent and zeebo up in stages as I was soaking and that was with just shorts on (calm down ladies) which were so wet it looked like I had pee'd myself. Kept getting in the car with A/C on. Anyway Fran I completed my erections and slept on my 'blow-up' which did not go down... Canada Phil, yes I had a few Pastis, funnily a bunch of french peoples walking past thought it was funny that a non-french person was drinking the stuff, they did not see my French flag.

Boy, did we have indifferent weather... scorchio thursday and friday morning, friday night it poured down all through and included drizzly rain through the morning until about 2pm I think. most of the racing was dry, that I saw (which some of you will probably think was only five minutes). Sad loss of the weekend was the demise of my B&Q (£12) gazeebo which I have lovingly cared for over the last 10 years, however, it will make a good lean-to cover for the lawnmower. Overall it was a pretty windy weekend.

There was some racing...

Packed up early on Sunday morning, all finished by 10am, 10.15am arrived with a monstrous downpour. Lucky blighter some might say as it is not good to put it away wet  Grin

Question 1. Where were all the people who said they would be there?
Question 2. Seemed very busy does anyone know the figures?
Question 3. What is the weather going to be like for 2016?

You may realise I got home safe and sound, with a load of untouched wine at 1300 today. May be a record but I only used 3 litres of wine, half a litre of vodka, half a litre of Pastis and six Pelforth Brune in the time I was there (excluding restaurant wine) so apart from the weather pretty dry weekend.

Hope you are all well.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 06:11:52 pm »

The official word (quoted below) from the ACO suggests 110,000 spectators.

"The seventh Le Mans Classic was another big hit with a total of 110,000 spectators present. Three weeks after a record Le Mans 24 Hours, this fantastic retrospective of the greatest endurance race in the world has consolidated its success. This weekend the weather in La Sarthe wasn’t all that great. However, this didn’t put off the spectators who flocked to the famous Le Mans circuit in large numbers, and the attendance figure didn’t fall compared to the 109 000 spectators who watched the event in 2012, the first time that the 100 000-barrier had been broken in the history of Le Mans Classic (96 250 in 2010). This repeat success in 2014 proves that the joint Le Mans Classic organisers, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest and Peter Auto, have got it right."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: