Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 10:32:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP , Tommy Vance  (Read 23094 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 03:24:19 am »

Is there anything you lot don't have strong opinions on?

It's a shame a serious thread has to turn into a slagging match.

Censor's blue pen will be out shortly...
What are you on about Smokie? This isn't a slagging match. Differing opinions? Yes - but that's what creates a discussion. surely. Chris has made his opinions felt about this thread, as have I and a few others. I don't think any less of Chris or anyone else who has a view - and I'm sure that view is mutual (please - correct me if I'm wrong).
If you're stating, as a moderator, that we should all respectfully agree with the views of anyone who posts a topic, along the lines of, "Couldn't agree more, bloody nice chap - Sorely missed - Rock on in heaven, Tommy" then this forum isn't what I thought it was.
There are some highly creative, hysterically humorous and intellegent debaters, who frequent this domain - and are a source of inspiration and thought to me and a lot of others, I imagine. I urge those with the power of veto not to stiffle the banter - even when it's a little near the knuckle (as this thread is).
I suspect that if you had sensed real malice, you'd have acted already.
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 10:52:57 am »

Say what you like Matt,  but I think you do Peel a diservice. He once got drunk at the Radio 1 Xmas party and hid in the carpark, waiting to beat up Tony Blackburn....

The cheezey bastards were at least professionals, not like the dross on commercial radio. For a prime example, I give you Ed James on Heart FM a few months ago. They had clearly been instructed by "Producer Pete" to promote some local book festival. Ed hadn't heard of any of the featured writers or novelists listed and asked if Roald Dahl would be appearing this year.

"Everyone likes Roald Dahl! They should get Roald Dahl to do it. Can we find out if Roald Dahl is appearing?"

None of them, not Ed, not his halfwitted side-kick Helen, not Producer Pete, not the News guy nor indeed any of the staff in the office that day were able to let Ed know that Roald had died 14 years ago. Later, after someone had obviously rung up to tell them, Ed recanted.

"I didn't know that! Did you know that Helen? Did you know that Producer Pete? He's dead!"

Cretins, all.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 11:36:46 am »

. Clearly we are all exceedingly glad Edmonds is no longer on air (or at LM for that matter)
The aformentioned N Edmonds esq may indeed be c***nt number one but in1997 when he ran a pair of Panoz I was in the stand opposite the pits when his second car died near the Dunlop Bridge at about 7:30 am. He was standing on the pit wall after spending the night helping with refueling the car and immediatly the second one stopped Radio Le Mans stuck a microphone under his nose and asked for his thoughts. He was very upset and looked close to tears and I must admit I did feel for the guy. He waved to the crowd after the interview to accknoledge the cheers, And yes, I did cheer him. There, I've finally done it, it has taken me 8 years to admit that I have applauded Noel Edmonds, please forgive me it was a long night of alcohol abuse that made me do it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:50:04 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 11:42:11 am »

Ah Bob, marvellous memories indeed.
He then went on to inflict upon the world Mr Blobby and Crinkly Bottom.
definately c*nt #1

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 03:09:19 pm »

I give you Ed James on Heart FM a few months ago. "

Please, please please I don't want Heart FM, even if you paid me to take it away. I wish it broadcast from a ship offshore, like the old pirate stations, then we could torpedo it.

Every time I drive a vehicle which has it preset, I delete it, as a public service.

Sorry, rant over, I feel better now. Smiley
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 03:25:31 pm »

I wish it broadcast from a ship offshore, like the old pirate stations, , then we could torpedo it.

You would save on the torpedo if that fat twat Jonno still worked there. One of his monster turds in the head would capsize any vessel.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 05:16:17 pm »

One 70's / 80's DJ that everyone seems to have missed and I certainly think was entertaining and very outspoken was Kenny Everett.

After upsetting Radio 1, he jumped across to Capital Radio (remember when that was a GOOD station?).  I can fondly recall listening to him on a Saturday lunchtime.
Okay he was a bit tedious sometimes but where would we be without Captain Kremen?

Following this success he moved to TV with his own bizarre sketch show ............... plus (every schoolboys wet dream) Hot Gossip and Cleo Rocos.

Steve East Anglian cobras

sceetum
CA Veteran

Team booze n' tabs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 07:23:41 pm »

Mmmmmmm, Hot Gossip. Saw them do a live show at chichester festival theatre years ago, i was only 15, sat cross legged for most of the show Grin Tongue.  There were a lot of males walking out at the end of the show bent double Wink.

What have the romans ever done for us?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 08:41:29 pm »

All very sad.
Some men who played records on the wireless are dead (or not).
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 08:58:33 pm »

When I was a young lad and used to come home from school crying because someone had either stolen my coat peg and I had no where to put my duffle, or my shorts had split in PE and everyone laughed at me, my good old mum used to say to me "listen H, you're twenty eight now, don't let them get to you, just remember, if c*nts were oranges they'd all be Jaffas"
And I reckon this wise advice applies to Edmunds all right, for reasons which I won't go into.
I'm not going into these reasons because I've just failed an instant Leprosy Test that I got in Boots this morning. I only went in for a dozen paracetamol. So I fear the worst is yet to come.

So, Sebring is here, oh God I wish I was going. Everyone have an absolutely fan-marvellous time. And bring me back an ear.

H
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:00:44 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
BigHsPiles
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 09:00:04 pm »

So I fear the worst is yet to come.

That's what he thinks...
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 11:18:56 pm »

Getting back to the start of this thread, I also grew up listening to Tommy V under the blankets and have a lot to thank him for as do a lot of bands now making a good living as a result of airplay TV gave them.

RIP Tommy thanks for the memories.

Jem

ps

I've read all the crap about Noel Edmunds as well, in my book anyone who has the guts to put his hand in his pocket and dedicate time and effort into a team to race cars around LM for our entertainment deserves better than the comments in the posts above.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 02:32:14 am »

I thought there was still an outside chance you could get there H??? Via some boring work trip IIRC.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 10:03:07 am »

Jem,

Appluase indeed for the efforts of the Beardo Wierdo at Le Mans.
But honestly, for Blobby and Crinkley - he needs shooting.
Still c*nt #1 in my book.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 12:45:01 pm »

Ahh, but we should have seen it coming. Don't forget he did a trial run with a bloody purple tyranna..  tyranos.. tyranus.. er Dinosaur, back in Swap Shop.

And just in case anybody is feeling nostalgic

http://www.bbc.tv/cult/ilove/years/1976/realmedia/swapshop.ram
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: