Club Arnage
May 20, 2024, 07:07:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chariots of fire/Burnt Zarse  (Read 16377 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44:18 am »

I'm really not sure what to put here.  Huh It seems a bit strange writing an end of term report three weeks before Le Mans. I could do the usual "we set off on friday in a bouyant frame of mind..." stuff but if I wrote a contemporaneous commentary it wouldn't take long before those who weren't there became bemused by the complete lack of logic in the subsequent carryings-on. Nor am I sure why I've written such a long commentary tonight when I should be in bed sleeping, but I had such a great time i think it's important to write these things down and trap them in cyber space for ever so that on days you're feeling a bit blue you can look back and remember the fun you had.

Most importantly we need to record the monsterous quantity of alcohol consumed. Last night Rex and myself calculated we got through over two hundred pints of beer, six bottles of vodka, a bottle of JD plus lashings of wine, cider and literally countless Jaegermeister and RedBull shots.  Sad What an utter wasteof money and brain cells, but nonetheless, I'd like to say a big thank you to The Drink for making all this possible.

I'd like also to say we didn't see any cars, just like at Le Mans, but in fact we did. The curcuit, campsite and it's surrounding were achingly beautiful, a lesson to the ACO in how to organise an endurance race. And no floodlights out on track during the night. The pink "Dunkin' Donuts Holden rocked and it was great to see a Ford GT doing it's stuff too.

But mainly our weekend was all about a bunch of absolutely fantastic if somewhat drunken people, who I'm very priviledged to call my friends, being vile to each other. Characters one and all, you were all brilliant in your own unique and individual ways.

Firstly I want to mention contribution of the lovely Melans. I never knew it could be so much fun going on a boys trip with girls! Naughty Hayley has a very sharp mind and very little gets by her, including the vodka bottle. Esther always reminds me of Meryl Streep for some reason, she has that same graceful presence and inner spirit as Meryl, only with dried sick in her hair. Poor Kelly, a new Melan, didn't know what had hit her to start with, but she was a real chatterbox until she lost her voice on day two, either that or something had gone badly wrong with her brain, it was hard to tell which. Last but not least, there's the gorgeous Rowena who started this whole ball rolling in the first place. Weena's one of life's brightest stars. Look at any photo of her and you'll see just the sparkliest smile's on her face, her sense of fun is so infectious, you can't help having loads of giggles with her around the place. If only she'd stop twisting men's nipples - really really hard mind- she'd be perfect!

Steve Pyro Brown is possibly the cheekiest man I know, he could appear from the woods at any moment grinning and carrying something else unusual to throw on the fire. We never knew what it might be next, a wooden rocking horse maybe or perhaps a turquoise leather chesterfield sofa with matching pouffe, I wonder if those folk have realised their greenhouse is missing yet?

Rex is comic genius too, his acid wit and capacity for mind-altering drink knows no bounds. Doris was, well, Doris and we all know what that means; lovely basically. How someone can drink so much and yet somehow keep us just the right side of the law is an art in itself. Thanks for the saturday chilli D!

Brad I have to say was a complete star, it was his stag weekend and whilst it's possible to say he got an easy ride you need to remember everything is relative. Suffice to say, Steve Brown found a huge sheet of PVC and ten metres of foam-backed carpet. Spreading the carpet on the floor and the PVC on top, we smeared Brad's massive torso in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and invented a new sport called German Butter Wrestling, the PVC soon got very slippery. Enough said...

The Stig - AKA Richard J Cutler - gave us a masterclass in aggressive motorway driving, even seasoned motorway hacks like me we're surprised with the veracity of the progress we made. So thanks for driving Rick, that car's amazing, five up and all the gear and then returning 43.8mpg at an average speed of 148 mph.

Last but not least is Steve Zarse who needless to say, was the complete c**t. If you've never seen a half-naked man failing to leap over a bonfire then I do recommend it. As can be seen from the above photo it was a thing of immense grace. Imagine a World Champion diver taking a run up at a springboard and you'll have a flavour of the thing. Word soon got round the campsite and people put down their packing-up to come and watch, I think there were several hundred of them, standing in silent anticipation of the great moment.  He came pounding in, launching himself sky high and hurtling above the fire in one fabulous leap, as can be seen, racing up and through the terrible flames. It was beautiful man.

I'm not sure what happened, whether he realised he possibly wasn't going to completely make it or maybe it had dawned on him that his velocity seemed to be suddenly and catastrophically falling away, but just after the halfway point - and I could be imagining this - his face seemed to be indicating that he was having second thoughts about the whole endeavour. At this point his arms started flailing around like aeroplane propellers in a vain attempt to regain some altitude. It didn't work, clearly, so he changed tack and took on the demeanour of a long jumper hurling his feet forward like Bob Beaman in the Mexico Olympics. Regretably none of these tactics worked desperately well.

He landed on top of the bonfire, crashing through a burning wardrobe, one leg instantly becoming wedged in the white hot drum of a spin-dryer Steve Brown had found, the other leg trapped in the molten and twisted steel frame of one of those really complicated plastic picnic tables that nobody can ever put up and which collapse as soon as you sit on them. I can only imagine that from Seve's point of view it must have been like being in a Bessemer Converter. If you can imagine a cross between the sound of a monkey with a habenero chilli wedged up it's jap's eye and the terrified shrieking of an escaped pig in an abbatoir, then you're halfway there. The flailing arms started again and to my mind he looked like somebody having a terrible dream who'd became all tangled up in the bed clothes. Fortunately we all poured beer and weeweed on him as his charred remain were dragged out of the inferno, his legs looked like pork crackling.

Then we came home.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:58:05 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 01:25:43 am »

Andy - your report - Priceless.

Had me in stitches.

As for Steve, hope his legs are Ok in the long run, and I can never eat pork scratchings again, which is good really.

Raise a glass  to all you mad people.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:41:57 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 08:20:51 am »

Thanks Andy, I'm glad someone has written up the trip for posterity. Now we just need to see the pics  Smiley
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 09:42:49 am »

Nice write up; made my morning as I was spluttering out coffee at various points Grin

Photos? or better yet, video?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 11:04:33 am »

Andy
Great report, humour, erudition and correct grammar!
Made my morning!

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 02:09:18 pm »

Fine words Mr Zarse.
Can I just say thanks to everyone for such a fantastic weekend Grin

The first event that made it obvious it was going to be a blinder was going for brekkie on the ferry and being told by the girl serving "I know YOU"... "No you dont!".... "Yes... you're Rex, you were at Vickys party"... spooky... but she gave me a large portion. Wink

It was the first jolly of that type that I havn't had to organise and drive to so it was so good to be able to take a back seat.. literally and watch the world go by (at break neck speed). Andy's excellence of horn and headlight control ensured a clear road ahead and Ricks smooth driving meant that no one spilled their beer.
Conveniently all services sold cold beer so no one had to drink warm ones and I was introduced to Hogarden Raspberry... mmmmm Grin (Cans were too small though)
Andy enjoyed Big Nuts in Belgium, as did claire when I got home.

It was soon lunchtime and the first Bar/Restaurant we found was superb... and called MAISON BLANCHE Shocked Fine food and beer had by all.

Then we hit site and the rest is history... well will go down in History Wink

Thanks again all... Fine travelling companions.

We wont mention Rubbish Trailers, VW Sumps, Sleeping bags, Sleeping with beer etc hehe Grin Grin

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:18:57 pm by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 02:40:37 pm »

We wont mention Rubbish Trailers, VW Sumps, Sleeping bags, Sleeping with beer etc hehe Grin Grin

Glad my sports report has caused a titter on here, events did at the time too.

Ah yes, all that and more Rex. I also omitted to say anything above about me, but needless to say i was my usual witty and urbane self, only covered in indescribable filth. So I'll own up to sleeping with beer. On the first night I was perishing cold and damp all night and could hardly sleep. I'd forgotten I'd gone to bed with an open pint bottle of beer in the inside pocket of my jacket...  Angry

Oh and finally, BobU no doubt will be pleased to note that a certain somebody has stolen his "shitpants" mantle. If I tell you that the pants concerned had a black fishnet back sown onto a leatherette penis cosy at the front and that the wearer sometimes also carries a sex knife then you might be able to guess who it was. He'll need a new sleeping bag for Le mans.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »

[/quote]

Oh and finally, BobU no doubt will be pleased to note that a certain somebody has stolen his "sh*tpants" mantle.

[/quote]

YEeeeeHhhhaaa Free at last.

* passing the baton.jpg (23.8 KB, 400x266 - viewed 312 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 04:36:08 pm »

OK then

what's it worth to ensure the picture never sees the light of day?  Evil

(not  that there IS a picture of course, 'cos the Messy Houx Annexers Code of Honour dictates/requires that we.......... )

I still blench at the very memory of it

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:55 pm »

It was indeed an amazing weekend, with a fantastic bunch of nutters. Can you believe we'll be doing it all again 2wks from today?!  Grin

Kelly's asked me to ask if anyone picked up her old skanky red jacket? it didn't return from Germany and apparently she's very attached to it.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »

Kelly's asked me to ask if anyone picked up her old skanky red jacket? it didn't return from Germany and apparently she's very attached to it.

I think Rick's got the red jacket, we found it after you lot had buggered off and left us with the clearing up  Wink

We also found Esther's tin opener, she must be starving by now, no tarka daal for brekky! Again I think it's with Rick.

Let me know what to do with the jacket, could post it or pass it on at LM?

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:07 pm »

Ahh... The Mystery red jacket. Send me Kelly's number and I will tell her where it is?
Was there something important in the pockets? Wink Grin Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
tn*c
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:39:42 pm »

All sorted. Row has been informed and all will be taken to Le Mans.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 11:18:39 pm »

excellent to hear your stories Cheesy

so looking forward to Le Mans Smiley
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »

Mr Z,

All I can say is what an absolutely outstanding sports report - such is the quality of the prose and deeds being described, it is worthy of being read against the introduction music "Out of the Blue", which has been the BBC sports report music for around 60 years - composed originally for a pre-war RAF display at Hendon aerodrome, and the deeds that occasioned your prose are worthy of a good Friday night in any Mess.  To add a touch of class next time (if there is one) might I suggest that the obstacle is a burning piano?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: