Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 08:09:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic: Who, What, Where, When.  (Read 63470 times)
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 03:55:28 pm »

Just got my accreditation through!  Grin

Aiming to go either Thursday evening or Friday during the day the coming back Sunday evening but am flexible on this. Anyone got a space or interested in sharing? Trying to keep pennies low  Wink
yorkie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 12:50:12 am »

Just a note to remind you that free access to the paddock during the Classic is available to ACO members.

I think you have to get passes in advance though, but I might be wrong.

The booklet I have just received with my renewed membership card states:

"Free access to the paddock is provided upon the purchase of a general enclosure ticket (B price)".

So looks likes like you don't need anything else.

Del

O
Our tickets arrived yesterday and there was a Paddock ticket included, although I seem to remember it was included in the price.  So I would say you need a ticket but you don't pay for it!

Only on advance sales if you pay at the gate it is not included
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:25 am »

Aiming to go either Thursday evening or Friday during the day the coming back Sunday evening but am flexible on this. Anyone got a space or interested in sharing? Trying to keep pennies low  Wink

We have 4 pitches but are travelling light so should have space on MB if you want to throw up a tent with us.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 11:19:47 am »

Does the campsite still only open from the Wednesday?

Appreciate any info as I arrive in La belle France on the monday evening.

Thanks

>Martini...LB

I seem to remember it only opens on Thursday Afternoon Mate. Probably worth a quick call to the ACO?

Dick Dasterdly was right
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:12 pm »

Going with TKM in Sophie da red SAAB Cab (have to get a clutch Angry )

Out: Wednesday: Portsmouth/Caen
Back: Monday: Caen/Portsmouth

staying on MB

See there

Bobblehat

Clutch fixed WooooHooooooo, Grin tho the cost meens I will be on bread n water for the next few weeks boooohoooo Cry

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:48 pm »

We have 4 pitches but are travelling light so should have space on MB if you want to throw up a tent with us.

I thought we had four cars.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 06:04:49 pm »

Thanks Dr S. Will get a parking space somewhere for the car with the accreditation Martini so just tent space would be fab. We can discuss compensation/remuneration over beer Grin

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:30 pm »

Thanks Dr S. Will get a parking space somewhere for the car with the accreditation Martini so just tent space would be fab. We can discuss compensation/remuneration over beer Grin

Two things, 1, I hope you mean space for a tent and not space in my tent!! Not even my missus gets that opportunity. 2. Compensation/remuneration will need to be discussed before a beer, as it all gets silly with too much beer  Shocked
Anyway Dr S. is the organiser and provider so you will need to speak to him.

See you soon.

Martini...LB

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 08:27:07 pm »

Just a note to remind you that free access to the paddock during the Classic is available to ACO members.

I think you have to get passes in advance though, but I might be wrong.

The booklet I have just received with my renewed membership card states:

"Free access to the paddock is provided upon the purchase of a general enclosure ticket (B price)".

So looks likes like you don't need anything else.

Del

O
Our tickets arrived yesterday and there was a Paddock ticket included, although I seem to remember it was included in the price.  So I would say you need a ticket but you don't pay for it!

Only on advance sales if you pay at the gate it is not included

Two years ago they certainly provided free paddock access with tickets bought on the gate with an ACO card. The only downside was that you didn't get the paddock ticket at the gate. You had to go to the ACO stand entrance and be issued with a paddock bracelet.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:29:35 pm »

Does the campsite still only open from the Wednesday?

Appreciate any info as I arrive in La belle France on the monday evening.

Thanks

>Martini...LB

I seem to remember it only opens on Thursday Afternoon Mate. Probably worth a quick call to the ACO?

Just checked it is 2.00 on thursday, looks like I will have to find something to do for three nights Shocked

Will have to start planning, I am going to Loheac motor museum again then probably the big shopping area at Atlantis, near Nantes.

>Martini...LB

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:49 pm »

Two things, 1, I hope you mean space for a tent and not space in my tent!! Not even my missus gets that opportunity. 2. Compensation/remuneration will need to be discussed before a beer, as it all gets silly with too much beer  Shocked

Haha yeah meant for my tent, wouldn't want to put anyone through the 'sharing' experience Wink

Good call re pre-beer, although I'll be working so will be sensible at all times! Oh yeah, you've experienced me at Sebring ... ok scrub that last comment!  Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 09:13:03 pm »

Haha yeah meant for my tent, wouldn't want to put anyone through the 'sharing' experience Wink

Good call re pre-beer, although I'll be working so will be sensible at all times! Oh yeah, you've experienced me at Sebring ... ok scrub that last comment!  Grin

Hi Rick
I think you would lose out on the sharing experience, I remember a friend saying that although I was closer to the track than he albeit by one tent that when the Mazda went past in '91, which was a screaming Wankel, they could not hear it when I was snoring.

And yes ... scrub your last sentence.

Does anyone have a layout for MB camping?

>Martini...LB

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 11:24:38 pm »

Does anyone have a layout for MB camping?

Haven't seen one for 2010, but Beermountain have the 2009 and 2008 plans on their website.
Although our pitch isn't on the 2009 plan.
Common theme is that the further down the alphabet the Rang is, the nearer the track you are, and the lower the place number, the nearer to the entrance you are.
However as the ACO moves in mysterious ways, it will be totally arse about face for the Classic.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 02:01:42 pm »

I remember Martin's snoring all too well. At one point it went up a gear and i could here people giggling in other tents everytime you let rip with another.

As for your pitch, imagine where we were last year, looking toward the track we are left a bit on the next row back.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »

Gents, huge thanks for your offer. Now travelling to/from with Jigsaw Racing (doing photos for them during the race - Triumph Spitfire ADU1B and no. 56 in grid 4) and they think they have space with the motorhome in Houx so can I keep my options open here just in case? Either way we must meet up! I'm now arriving Wednesday lunchtime and we're not leaving until Monday lunchtime  Smiley

I'll PM you my mobile Si so we can hook up either way  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: