Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 10:00:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumpy Old Men  (Read 61464 times)
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 01:17:16 pm »

yes and i was disgusted by the toilets having a 4"wastepipe which wasnt nearly big enough for my 5"t@rds!!
PM
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 01:25:04 pm »

I have posted on the ACO forum re this subject and will have a chat with the organisers when I pick up the Classic tickets.  Stop moaning - get lobbying.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 01:27:36 pm »

The bins on BSJ were emptied a couple of times, but even that was not nearly enough. 200,000 people camping for 4 days plus generate a lot of waste. No where to put it will generally result in a mess. The binmen also were only emptying what was in the bins, so the black bags and boxes surrounding the bins were not being taken. Really the ACO need to get several large skips in each campsite and have them emptied every day - this might ease the refuse situation.  It was interesting to note that the Kreusjer people (bunch of Dane tour party) who had fenced off what I thought was an overly large section of BSJ (I would love to know the legality of this - may'be there grass was more expensive) had a skip in there compound and it was noticeably cleaner than the rest of the campsite.

alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 01:40:04 pm »

All I have to add to this is that I was on H/A and every effort was made to leave our rubbish by the bin which was only emptied once in 5 days !!!! a skip is required for the rubbish for that amount of campers.
As for the toilet/shower facilitys on the north west side of H/A they were spotless the whole weekend and a big shout out should go to the boys and girls who maintained them especialy Thierry who kept insisting I share a Pastis with him every time I went there !!! Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
huggybear
CA Veteran

...as I recall, we were all terribly drunk.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 01:42:01 pm »

A collapsed gazebo, empty beer and champagne bottles and general rubbish were left in a pathetic attempt at clearing up.

I too was most alarmed by this news. How come you had champagne.....we only had beer and that got left out in the sun  Tongue

I always call pikeys pikeys, seems more polite than theiving gipsy b!"£$%^s Shocked

Suggest 'Disgusted' tries the Loius Vitton Concourse d'elegance at Pebble Beach, i'm not aware of any litter problem there Huh

Unless its a wind up.......??
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 01:44:30 pm »

Re-Cycle

Now every year we all purchase thousands of little glass bottles and pile them up.
They come in cardboard boxes, and we scrunch them up.

3 little bins dotted around and all would be eco friendly.

My group always walk back over our pitch, check for lost kit, and sweep up clean, leaving as we arrived.

There are lots of people who liv e differeently to others and regardless of which t-shirt they wear, not everyone should be put in the same boat.

There were rude people wearing aston martin shirts, but i am guessing you havent written to them ?

Please join in the forum and be an adult with valid points, not just to be a nuisance if people disagree with you.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 01:48:17 pm »

As for the toilet/shower facilitys on the north west side of H/A they were spotless the whole weekend and a big shout out should go to the boys and girls who maintained them especialy Thierry who kept insisting I share a Pastis with him every time I went there !!! Grin Grin
I must admit that the shower and toilet blocks on the our part of the annexe where the cleanest yet. On Monday morning I had a shower before the drive back and everything was still clean with a plentiful suppy of hot water. Apart from a couple of the shower heads being stolen over the weekend (why Huh ) every thing was fine.

I wish someone had offered me a pastis every time I used them , Maybe that's somthing we can lobby the ACO about Grin

Robbo, I don't suppose there is any good news concerning your wallet?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:51:48 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 02:00:15 pm »

We had no real problems in La Musee but I have to agree with Robbo in that it is wrong either to assume that we all have the same level of consideration or that just because someone is wearing a t shirt or whatever that person will follow some simple rules.
The suggestion of a bottle bank, cardboard bank, unless some plonker sets fire to it, is excellent and in the long run it would save money on clearing up the mess. Maybe a few walk in skips strategically placed would not go amiss For the numbers of people involved the refuse collection proceedure is pathetic and along with a number of other things its about time the ACO got upto speed.

Does it really only have full throttle
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 02:00:41 pm »

We have 1558 Club Arnage members, to brand the entire membership based on a few messy people is bang out of order. Please find something else to post about or go to another web forum if you only want to complain ! Angry
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 02:05:30 pm »

I am responding directly to this thread as I have received a 'Report to Moderator' notification about this post concerning 'Disgusted of Houx'.

I was camped close to the area referred to in the first post.  I can confirm that, come 09:00 on Monday morning, the collapsed gazebo, poles etc had all been removed by various local visitors to the site, complete with their trucks and estate cars.

Hence, the mess was recycled within 12 hours of Sunday night mentioned in the first post - as was a great deal of other unwanted camping equipment throughout HA, and, no doubt, other campsites.

end of discussion?

Steve East Anglian cobras

JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 02:07:47 pm »

We had 21 of us and made every effort to keep our camp clean.  We had to treck for ten mins to find a bin, bought bin bags but it still looked like a pig sty when we left as the bins were not emptied all weekend.  21 blokes = a lot of bottles and a lot of rubbish.
Bottle banks would also be a good idea at different locations at each camp site.

I hate littering but what can you do other than load it into your car and take it home?

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 02:12:47 pm »

Bottle banks is the greatest idea - lets get a campaign going for next year Wink
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 02:27:33 pm »

Great - post on my "Poubelle" thread on the ACO forum - let's get this under their noses.  Maybe a flood of letters too?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
20vmk2_dub

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 02:34:07 pm »

Great - post on my "Poubelle" thread on the ACO forum - let's get this under their noses.  Maybe a flood of letters too?

I would but dont u have to be an ACO member?
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 02:37:06 pm »

I don't agree that it is unfair, this group of what I can only describe as ruffians should be made an example of as a lesson to all you other bugs.

............thats rich considering two of our guys had to restrain a "French National" from stealing from tents in MB sat night!!!

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: