Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 11:41:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champ Car At Assen  (Read 8710 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 02:27:29 am »

Really looking forward to my trip to the IRL at Homestead the week after Sebring ! Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:31 am »

Really looking forward to my trip to the IRL at Homestead the week after Sebring ! Grin

Sod that, I'm going to the Gatornationals.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 02:08:49 pm »

Sorry Chris but I'm with Steve on this one.  Watching the NHRA meet will be a hundred times better show.  But look on the bright side, there will be plenty of tickets available for the IRL race, there will probably be more people working the concession stands than paying spectators.
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 01:54:40 am »

Each to our own Fax. I fancied the Gater Nats but it just wouldn't fit in with my plans however. But I do like the IRL and watch every race on Sky Sports over here. I think I only saw 1 Cart race this season.

Think of it what you will, but I think the IRL has some real class drivers in it, ok, has some naff ones too, but so does CART.

Can't argue with the quality of Hornish, Castroneves, Wheldon, Dixon, Kannan, Franchitti, Herta, Andretti, Meira, Scheckter.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 03:12:27 am »

As you say Chris, to each his own.  Of the the drivers you named I'll give props to Kannan, Castroneves, Dixon, Wheldon, and Hornish.  Dario and Herta are dime-a-dozen jouneyman drivers who've never really done anything, and Scheckter, Andretti, and Meira haven't shown me anything but a bunch of shunted cars.  When Marco can actually win something without the money and support of his old man and grandpa, I'll buy into the hype around him.  I went to the race a few years ago at the Kentucky Speedway when Hornish won, setting a record for the fastest average speed in history, and it was the most boring motor race I ever attended.  Just a bunch of spec cars droning around in a big circle clattering off their rev limiters.  It was all I could do to stay awake.
Fax
xSander

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 04:24:28 pm »

OK, this was the only suitable thread I could find, so here's a bump...

Chop pointed out some DfH guys were going to be at Assen.

I myself am going to both Assen and Zolder.

So, what plans/arrangements have been made? I'm looking for campings in both of those places and have a few addresses already, but all advice is welcome.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 12:40:55 am »

I was going to marshal the Champ cars at Zolder but the date has now changed. It was scheduled for the week before the Belgian G P but is now on Aug 26. So will now be doing the Zolder 24hr race instead!!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 10:55:11 pm »

So, what plans/arrangements have been made? I'm looking for campings in both of those places and have a few addresses already, but all advice is welcome.

I will probably be at Assen or Zolder, but only for race day at the moment

just booked Petit Lemans at october 6th and Talladega UAW Ford 500 on the 7th, might be a bit off norm cost if I booked full Champcar weekends as well.. Sad

however, you will definately find DFH guys around on both circuits I presume
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 12:07:46 pm »

For Assen, I've just reserved a spot for 4 people on this camping: http://www.campingdeommekeer.com/english/index.html. I have a tent for you with all the sleeping gear when needed.
jc_nl
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 08:24:04 pm »

For people wanting to go to Assen and stay on a campsite the one Pieter mentiont is the one to go for. It used to be located at about 300 meters from the circuit entrance (might be a bit further these days after the reconstruction works).

LM 2005 quote:

Turn the sound down!!!!!! I wanna SLEEP!!!!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 02:48:35 pm »

Not going to Assen, just to far away from my home for a one day trip, I am going to Zolder however, only a 30 minute drive.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
xSander

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 12:59:59 pm »

For Assen, I've just reserved a spot for 4 people on this camping: http://www.campingdeommekeer.com/english/index.html. I have a tent for you with all the sleeping gear when needed.

Oops, been way too busy to check back here.  Lips Sealed

Thanks for the tent offer, but I live only 2 hours away and have more than enough room in my car to stack some camping stuff away.  Grin

Is your offer still up? I'm gonna check with the campsite you mentioned to see if there's still room. If that fails...

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 06:32:40 pm »

No problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: