Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 03:30:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Campsite for Silverstone LMS/ILMC?
Silverstone Track Camping - 15 (88.2%)
Whittlebury Hall - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campsite for Silverstone LMS/ILMC?  (Read 23087 times)
tn*c
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »

OK - Where are we all going to Camp.

Silverstone Track Camping?

Actually on the back straight by Stowe, Not far from the new pits but where will the village etc be? Showers Toilets, Food Outlets and a Shop by the looks of things. They will issue braclets to campers to increase security. Appears as though cars can be with tents but motorbikes must stay in a locked compound. Retrieval with official documents!
Campsite Map here: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/Templates/Public/pdfs/campsite-map.pdf

Cost £30 Per Person!

TO BOOK:- If buying a weekend Ticket from Silverstone then it can be done online http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/Le-Mans-Series/.
                If you already have one ie. SpeedChills then phone 0844 3750 740 Stating you need camping but have a team pass or already have your ticket. They need to tie it to a booking apparently.
                I have been told tickets can be bought on the day but are more expensive.

Whittlebury Hall

Very sloping and a bit of a walk to the old start finish straight, Where bars entertainment used to be. Long muddy walk to the track.

Cost £45 per car.

TO BOOK:- Goto https://www.moonssl.co.uk/whittlebury/ Cheaper in advance.

Tickets

SpeedChills are selling the Weekend Ticket for £20 e-ticket to collect from Circuit office on the day of arrival. £9 + Booking fee cheaper then the circuit.

TO BOOK:- Goto http://www.speedchills.com/le-mans-series/silverstone/tickets. I have asked if they can sell camping as well.

No other campsites will be operating at the request of Silverstone and LMS.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:05:47 pm by Vegas! » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:20 am »

SpeedChills are selling the Weekend Ticket for £20 e-ticket to collect from Circuit office

Well let's hope it turns out better than our last experience with e-tickets.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
tn*c
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:32:14 am »

Funny I thought that when I was writing it! I suspect that the ticket will be printed in Spanish this year.

Are you likely to make it?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:50 am »

Of course I will be there.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 07:40:14 am »

OMFG.........has anybody looked at the regulations for the campsite,I think the ACO and Silverstone are in collusion with banning glass bottles on the campsite Cry

Looks like the Bretheren would not be welcome as they play....."LOUD MUSIC"....on the odd occasion Grin Grin
tn*c
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:53 am »

Have you read the rule book for Whittlebury though!

Plus the webpage used to say slightly sloping! One wrong tent peg and LANDSLIDE!
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 12:58:41 pm »

Whittlebury was OK last year I thought.

The facilities should now be finished/improved.

The downside was, as previously mentioned, the slope of the campsite.

Walk to the track was ok, but lengthy.

We packed up on Sunday morning then drove around to the main car park rather than hiking back to WH.

Crouch..........bind..........set
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:54 pm »

OMFG.........has anybody looked at the regulations for the campsite,I think the ACO and Silverstone are in collusion with banning glass bottles on the campsite Cry

Looks like the Bretheren would not be welcome as they play....."LOUD MUSIC"....on the odd occasion Grin Grin

Bit difficult for bikers as well , once its been locked up you cant access it until you leave! So no popping down to the nearest supermarket for some supplies!
tn*c
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:25:02 pm »

Bit difficult for bikers as well , once its been locked up you cant access it until you leave! So no popping down to the nearest supermarket for some supplies!

I am guessing this is because at the MotoGP there were either:-

A: Problems with bikes being ridden round the campsite
B: Bikes were stolen

Either way, I am sure if needed one of us with a car can run you down the shops. Plus the campsite says it has hot food stools and a shop.

I wouldn't bet on either tho. Taking a van with everything including the kitchen sink.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »

Plus the campsite says it has hot food stools

Hot Food Stools, hhhmmm,that sounds like they are having a dodgy kebeb van on site. I hope the bogs are up to it. I think I will take my own food.

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 01:54:28 am »

I've stayed at Wittlebury once and thought it was ok.
Yes, it's a bit of a walk to the gate, but no more than 15 minutes.
We went down past the hotel, to the golf club, to make use of the bar, watch the box, nice loos etc. Again, a little walk from the camp site, but no real issue.
All in all, an ok site.
I seem to recall that the ambulance could find the place ok, when Andy Zarse needed it Wink

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:05:38 pm »

I seem to recall that the ambulance could find the place ok, when Andy Zarse needed it Wink

I needed an ambulance? When did I need an ambulance?  Huh

I must have been drunk!  Cheesy

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 01:18:38 pm »

£30 to sleep in my own van! Jesus. I'm sure there are other campsites within 20 minutes drive.

I'm coming down on saturday night with Barnsley Mick and Dutch Bas. Not paying £90 for a camping pitch though.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
tn*c
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 01:25:15 pm »

£30 to sleep in my own van! Jesus. I'm sure there are other campsites within 20 minutes drive.

I'm coming down on saturday night with Barnsley Mick and Dutch Bas. Not paying £90 for a camping pitch though.

I know I think this is an outrageous price. The thing with Whittlebury Hall Camping is that being where the new start finish straight is the walk from that campsite is now over an hour.

There is very little other camping anywhere near the circuit as it is all very seasonal. One weekend a year for most of them. NOT LMS i have had.

They are charging per person because they issue wrist bands but I do think they need to charge £30 for a Car +1 then perhaps £5 per additional Person.

I will have to see how funds sit before I plan any of that weekend.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »

The distance isn't an issue for us as we are coming straight down from a days mountain biking in the Peaks (Bas doesn't get to see many hills at home) and will be using bikes to get around the circuit. £90 for a nights camping on top of expensive race tickets is taking the piss.

Look at Spa historic six hours. 25 Euro for three days inc paddock and grandstands, free camping and parking if you have a classic car. I suspect the beer would be better too!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: