Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 01:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche 2014  (Read 10733 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 07:26:34 pm »

Yes, as Mr Dalmas discovered. http://www.darcyf1.com/download.php?z=17414

The Porsche GT1 was not averse to the odd flip.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:29:35 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »

Aerodynamics continue to be a source of some mystery to car-designers. Every year in F1 this or that team finds their new toy hasn't got as much grip as the theory says it should have - or at least that's what they tell us. One of the continuing themes in F1 is loss of front downforce when running in dirty air behind a competitor, and that looks as though it might have afflicted the Dalmas GT1 in that dramatic clip.

Missing Termietermite
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 03:57:59 am »

found on YouTube but I think belongs here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39yZaNEjM24
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

Kirsten & I were at Road Atlanta Saturday for the Grand-AM race (I know, let the blasting start, but any day at Road Atlanta is a good one) and we took the time to walk through Roger Warrick's tent during a break, and she noticed his print of the Dalmas flight.  Later in the day we were spectating at the hump on the back straight, and I mentioned that image to her...took place right here!
Kind of a strange event, they had a decent crowd by Grand-Am standards, and the racing was actually pretty good, nice weather on Sat. as well.  But the race almost seemed a afterthought by Grand-Am, no programmes, no event merchandise, the food stalls actually started running out of food.  Almost like they never really expected anyone to show up!  But as i said, it was a sunny day at Road Atlanta, the beer was cold, life's good...
Fax
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »

Hi fax, Glad you had a good day out. I caught some of the coverage on Motors TV on Saturday evening, looked like a healthy crowd and some close racing. did not see it through to the chequered flag thou.

Jules
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:48 am »

Thanks Jules, it was a fun day.  My sister and her family live a few hours away in Augusta, and a close friend of ours works for a Grand-Am team and set us up with freebies, so it was a no brainer.  That said, it was a helluva good time!  A good, lively crowd, nice weather, fantastic circuit.  Like I said, wish the Grand-Am folks actually anticipated all these spectators showing up.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:17 am »

Hi Fax,
         Road Atlanta is great  Grin I watched the Grand Am race from Barber on TV. It had small attendance  as far as I could see from TV. While I am not a fan of the DP it is good racing. Why can they not draw bigger crowds? Will it be any better next year when the "niche" crowd show up? Will they?
Special deal for Watkins Glen 6 hour @ $30. 28 June I think it said but that is a Friday.

Phil
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 10:21:52 am »

Now confirmed!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:06 am »

Great news!
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:32 am »

Also...

http://www.autohebdo.fr/endurance/endurance/breve-27-27-61351/270613-porsche-confirme-mark-webber

Webber joins  Romain Dumas, Timo Bernhard and Neel Jani.

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 12:23:01 pm »

I'm excited already and its 49.5 weeks to go till I leave for the next years. Great news as far as I'm concerned, Porsche and Webber.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:17 pm »

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=C2iCwLt9nBU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DC2iCwLt9nBU

Nice little piece from Porsche with a tribute at the end.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »

It's a good deal for Webber, as I suspect his options for F1 next year, at least at the sharp end of the grid, are probably limited.  I think Porsche hired Mark probably as much for "star power" as anything else.  He's a fine R&D driver, but so are Bernhard and Dumas, both superb development drivers, and were integral to the ALMS RS Spyder program in both development, and racing roles.  Good for Mark
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: