Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:55:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France fuel shortages due to industrial action  (Read 38024 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »

As for BMWs, we all know they can do Berlin to Poland in one tank  Grin
To be fair it's only sixty miles to the border...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 09:12:43 pm »

It's just a 320d Kev but does everything it needs to and has been completely reliable over three years and, to date 142,000 miles. New one due in July and I've been thinking of going down the Mark Webber route and having the 330e hybrid.

I tested negative for patience.
Mike

We are The Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »

Apart from lemans there is the small matter of the football euros at the same time so I imagine the politicos will either quash the revolution, or more likely just buckle rather than deal with the embarrassment of the country grinding to a halt during a major international event.
Hold on a minute, workers not working when the footy is on, have they all got tickets for the match lol Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 11:37:23 pm »

I might be wrong but I do not think I have ever seen the barbarian game of football mentioned on this site, I should perhaps correct that as the game is not really 'barbarian' probably more kitten club. Bloody overpaid bladder kicking pussies... well it is not rugby, is it!

My previous Audi cars have all been petrol and only living a couple of miles from the docks meant that I was not using much fuel before alighting in France, however, I would still burn almost a tank in the week. My latest model is Diesel and now I burn half a tank! what a saving, especially as there is only a couple of pence a litre difference in price!

So I will fill up in sunny Guernsey and hopefully have enough.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:17 am »

I might be wrong but I do not think I have ever seen the barbarian game of football mentioned on this site, I should perhaps correct that as the game is not really 'barbarian' probably more kitten club. Bloody overpaid bladder kicking pussies... well it is not rugby, is it!

My previous Audi cars have all been petrol and only living a couple of miles from the docks meant that I was not using much fuel before alighting in France, however, I would still burn almost a tank in the week. My latest model is Diesel and now I burn half a tank! what a saving, especially as there is only a couple of pence a litre difference in price!

So I will fill up in sunny Guernsey and hopefully have enough.

>Martini...LB

Foot Ball??  ..... Err..... No sorry, Not something that I have heard about before now.

But on the fuel side:

My old beast only manages about 17 mpg, and driven very modestly perhaps 23, so that isn't good in these circumstances. And what about Big Irta eh?

So how is France going to manage 250,000 race fans (wasn't that the number last year)?

All it will need is half a dozen out of fuel breakdowns to cause a real problem around race time.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:16 am »

It's just a 320d Kev but does everything it needs to and has been completely reliable over three years and, to date 142,000 miles. New one due in July and I've been thinking of going down the Mark Webber route and having the 330e hybrid.
I nearly had a 320d but the timing chain issues scared me and I drove the 325d and loved the extra umph. Mapping it once home and it will basically be a mapped 330d (same engine 325d / 330d just mapped different for insurance and tax Wink)

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 08:11:32 pm »

I was very tempted with a BMW 320d or 520d but the timing chain worried me - is this now fixed on new ones?

I do like the urge of the bigger 325d and 330d, and any of these seem to be chipable, so even more grunt.  My motoring is very modest these days as I generally commute on the train but......

I NEED A DIESEL TO GET TO LE MANS AND BACK ON ONE TANK 'COS FRANCE HAS MEDIEVAL LABOUR LAWS.

PLEASE HELP.  Cry Cry

unless it gets solved I'm going to consider hiring a car.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 09:54:45 pm »

.....unless it gets solved I'm going to consider hiring a car.
Does Hertz have a secret supply?   Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Mike

We are The Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »

Apart from lemans there is the small matter of the football euros at the same time so I imagine the politicos will either quash the revolution, or more likely just buckle rather than deal with the embarrassment of the country grinding to a halt during a major international event.
Hold on a minute, workers not working when the footy is on, have they all got tickets for the match lol Grin

just the fact that apart from the race fans, and this will be my 13th  straight year at lemans there will be hundreds of thousands of pigs bladder kicker fans travelling around the country.......................or not if tgehre is no transport.
I mean they wont want hordes of bored frustrated footy fans just loitering about around the local bars because they cant get to the match, what could possibly go wrong lol
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 11:38:04 pm »

I was very tempted with a BMW 320d or 520d but the timing chain worried me - is this now fixed on new ones?

I do like the urge of the bigger 325d and 330d, and any of these seem to be chipable, so even more grunt.  My motoring is very modest these days as I generally commute on the train but......

I NEED A DIESEL TO GET TO LE MANS AND BACK ON ONE TANK 'COS FRANCE HAS MEDIEVAL LABOUR LAWS.

PLEASE HELP.  Cry Cry

Dont worry about chains - take it to bmw they will check the recall register and sort it if affected with the car vin. The extra power got me and the grunt will be brilliant once done. As mines currently being fixed wasnt enough time to do it before the trip sadly

Gavin.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:48 am »

I do like the urge of the bigger 325d and 330d, and any of these seem to be chipable, so even more grunt.  My motoring is very modest these days as I generally commute on the train but......

PLEASE HELP.  Cry Cry

I'd been weighing this up in my head, we've got the option of a 200 bhp diesel 47mpg Renaultsport Megane or a Mazda Rx8 231bhp at about 18-19mpg. Im swinging more towards the Rx8, mainly as petrol seems to be more available, diesel is like finding hens teeth but the looks of it.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 12:18:27 am »

I do like the urge of the bigger 325d and 330d, and any of these seem to be chipable, so even more grunt.  My motoring is very modest these days as I generally commute on the train but......

I've got a 330d, no need to chip that one. More than enough power & torque and goes up to 40 mpg on the highway.
Would have loved to take the gas guzzling M beast to Le Mans this year but with 14-18 mpg it won't even make it half way to Paris  Angry.

Can't really imagine though the French government won't break the strikes with that footy thing coming up in 2 weeks. Getting back home from the testday might be a challenge, the race shouldn't be a problem (I hope).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:20:12 am by Dottore » Logged

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 12:23:02 am »

There's an app you can download which gives real time ( well almost ) fuel availability.

Essence Pas Chere, on iTunes, think theres a google version.

Nothing to lose by having it if the problems are still around at LM.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:20 am »

If everyone going is awfully worried about fuel consumption, about making it in/out of France without worrying about running dry, and only able to get miniscule amounts of fuel in the rare places that have any, it would be ever so slightly ironic that we're going to watch the world's greatest motor race.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 10:38:46 am »

There's an app you can download which gives real time ( well almost ) fuel availability.

Essence Pas Chere, on iTunes, think theres a google version.

Nothing to lose by having it if the problems are still around at LM.

brilliant thanks Barry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: