Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:36:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France fuel shortages due to industrial action  (Read 38024 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 10:50:49 am »

There's an app you can download which gives real time ( well almost ) fuel availability.

Essence Pas Chere, on iTunes, think theres a google version.

Nothing to lose by having it if the problems are still around at LM.

brilliant thanks Barry

I don't think it has on it the unaffected stations, just the ones with issues, that have been reported.
The petrol station at the Auchun near Boulogne isn't marked so presumably has all fuel, or nobody has done a report on it.
So it might be a bit inacurate, but might help someone out a jam.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 12:43:43 pm »

Things are slowly starting to get better I believe. It won't last, the Gov't here will more than likely give in to the CGT (as that is the usual approach here, proving that there is no democracy in France) as there is no way on God's green earth they will live down this if it stretches into the Euro whotzit thinggy. It's been an interesting few days though, that's for sure. My prediction, all back to normal by next Monday and the proposed new loi de travail will be 'sent back for further debate' and quietly buried 3-6 months later.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 10:43:24 pm »

Thinking of going in the diesel if I have to, as I can do St Malo/LM/Chunnel easily on a tank.

Have checked the Brittany website, it's FOC to change the car details up to 5 days ahead, after that £25.

Same here, might just make it border to border with the diesel but certainly not with the M (maximum range of 450 km if i don't push my foot down).

Which M?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 10:53:12 pm »

Got 600 miles out of the volvo last weekend - lakes and back on one tank..

Feel sorry for Perdu and GaryFrogeye; Midgets and Sprites are not renowned for their tank size..
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

Feel sorry for Perdu and GaryFrogeye; Midgets and Sprites are not renowned for their tank size..

Well, I wont get anywhere near 600 miles out of either the MGA or the 350Z....but it'll probably be more than Gary or Bill.

Mind you, on the basis that Gary eschews all servicing and fluid top ups (to the car...) anyway, I'd be amazed to find that he bothers with fuel either.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 12:31:19 am »

Thinking of going in the diesel if I have to, as I can do St Malo/LM/Chunnel easily on a tank.

Have checked the Brittany website, it's FOC to change the car details up to 5 days ahead, after that £25.

Same here, might just make it border to border with the diesel but certainly not with the M (maximum range of 450 km if i don't push my foot down).

Which M?

Aricus

E60 M5

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 01:43:17 pm »

Today's strike article on the Beeb says, amongst other things",

"However, on 14 June, when French senators begin discussing the reform package, the unions plan to stage a "powerful national demonstration" in Paris."

That'll be Tuesday 14th which is travel day for many people. I've no idea whether there will be any collateral damage but I'd guess ports/ferry staff and maybe immigration people may take some form of action. Hope not though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36395905
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »

Today's strike article on the Beeb says, amongst other things",

"However, on 14 June, when French senators begin discussing the reform package, the unions plan to stage a "powerful national demonstration" in Paris."

That'll be Tuesday 14th which is travel day for many people. I've no idea whether there will be any collateral damage but I'd guess ports/ferry staff and maybe immigration people may take some form of action. Hope not though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36395905

Agreed. It is not too difficult to outwit silly French fuel shortages. It is the ferries/ports which must be of greatest concern. Hopefully matters will be resolved in time. I am amazed that in my 27 previous trips to LM I have never once been affected by industrial action.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 05:55:58 pm »

Put them on a trailer?Huh

Wooosh!!!!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 05:59:43 pm »

Current feedback I'm getting from the LM area is that there aren't any shortages.

I'll know better when I get there a week tomorrow for the test weekend, if any updates are needed I'll post them from there.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »

P&O say the problems are over, but.....

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 08:33:33 pm »

Phew.....panic over, no need to top up before getting on ferry, take fuel reserves, restrict driving during weekend, make sure breakdown cover covers running out of fuel, discover there is not actually a problem......relax...... all cool....... enjoy.......
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 11:01:02 pm »

Unless they sort out the problem before there will be more industrial action starting on Tuesday 14th.   Angry
ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2016, 01:52:59 pm »

I was planning on taking the one on the right, but may need to go in the one on the left...

(http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-carpool/honda-insight-ph-carpool)

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2016, 08:21:07 pm »

Current feedback I'm getting from the LM area is that there aren't any shortages.

I'll know better when I get there a week tomorrow for the test weekend, if any updates are needed I'll post them from there.

Most stations here now have fuel again - diesel and petrol both gone up about 18 cents per litre though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: